|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the daughter in the parable known for in the story Master Osman tells Black?
(a) Her desire to win.
(b) Her humor.
(c) Her brains.
(d) Her beauty.
2. What does the pickle seller complain about to Black?
(a) The lack of a growing season.
(b) The amount of counterfeit coins.
(c) The youth that are constantly stealing from him.
(d) The need for more jobs and money.
3. Where does Shekure want people to think she went when she leaves the house?
(a) Out to Hasan's home.
(b) Out with the boys.
(c) Out to visit her brother.
(d) Out to pray.
4. Why doesn't Enishte fear what the enemies may do to the book or workshop?
(a) Hebelieves God will protect him.
(b) He does not fear death.
(c) He knows the Sultan will protect them.
(d) He believes in his art.
5. What is Master Osman working on?
(a) Book of Festivities.
(b) Secret Book.
(c) A wedding surprise.
(d) The funeral arrangements.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are Black and Shekure to marry?
2. How does Shekure answer Esther's probing questions about what Black wrote?
3. Who does Hasan believe murdered Eshite?
4. What does Enishte tell Black that the Sultan wants to regain?
5. Which of the following is not true about this novel?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)