|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Master Osman working on?
(a) Book of Festivities.
(b) Secret Book.
(c) The funeral arrangements.
(d) A wedding surprise.
2. Where does Shekure want people to think she went when she leaves the house?
(a) Out to Hasan's home.
(b) Out to visit her brother.
(c) Out to pray.
(d) Out with the boys.
3. Why do Shevket and Orhan want to observe Black?
(a) He is well known as a writer.
(b) He will find Elegant's killer.
(c) He may become their father.
(d) He is kind to both of them.
4. Why does Black believe there is rioting at the Sultan's palace?
(a) Because the value of money has declined.
(b) Because the Sultan has murdered people.
(c) Because so many people are disappearing.
(d) Because there is not enough food to feed the people.
5. How does Olive answer the question?
(a) With three parables about blindness and memory.
(b) With three parables on style and signature.
(c) With three stores on time and painting.
(d) With specific illustrations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Black and his brother bribe the judge?
2. How does Shekure disguise the names in the picture that Black gave her?
3. What does Hasan threaten when he comes to Shekure's home?
4. What does Shekure say must happen before she will sleep with Black?
5. What did Enishte's murderer steal from the house?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)