|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about this novel?
(a) The setting involves lots of religion.
(b) It is an historically accurate book.
(c) There is a mystery within the novel.
(d) It contains a love story.
2. In addition to the Book of Festivities, what does the Sultan know the others are working on?
(a) A secret book.
(b) Their own individual projects.
(c) The murder of Elegant.
(d) A new design for the coins.
3. What do Enishte and Shekure discuss after Black leaves?
(a) The Sultan's secret book.
(b) Whether he will find Elegant's murderer.
(c) How good of an writer Black is.
(d) Whether he would make a good husband.
4. How does Enishte describe Master Osman?
(a) Blind and deaf.
(b) Deaf and dumb.
(c) Blind and senile.
(d) Senile and dumb.
5. What does Enishte realize about one of the masters?
(a) He knows that one of them is killing him slowly.
(b) He knows one of them is the murderer.
(c) He knows that one of them is watching him carefully.
(d) He knows one of them is seeing Shekure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Shekure respond to Hasan's threats?
2. Who ends up delivering the letter to Black?
3. Why does Black believe there is rioting at the Sultan's palace?
4. What does the woman who approaches Black after he leaves Enishte give to him?
5. Which illustration is Enishte having a hard time completing?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)