|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Black believe there is rioting at the Sultan's palace?
(a) Because so many people are disappearing.
(b) Because there is not enough food to feed the people.
(c) Because the value of money has declined.
(d) Because the Sultan has murdered people.
2. Why does the murder draw pictures for the storyteller?
(a) So that he can watch for his next victim.
(b) So that he fits in with the others that are present.
(c) So that he can cover up his crime.
(d) So that others won't accuse him of being conceited.
3. What does the woman who approaches Black after he leaves Enishte give to him?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A coin.
4. Where does Enishte say they have been doing most of their work?
(a) In the studio behind his home.
(b) Near the Sultan's home.
(c) Workshop and homes of Master Osman.
(d) In the local coffee shops.
5. How does Enishte describe Master Osman?
(a) Blind and deaf.
(b) Deaf and dumb.
(c) Senile and dumb.
(d) Blind and senile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shekure do that Esther says further invites love?
2. Why is it difficult for Esther to read the letter to Black?
3. What does Enishte tell Black that the Sultan wants to regain?
4. Who does Shekure tell about Hasan's actions?
5. What does the pickle seller complain about to Black?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)