|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finalizes the love letter effect according to Esther?
(a) The enclosed illustration.
(b) The symbol of a kiss.
(c) The perfume scent.
(d) The use of formal stationary.
2. Where does Black go to start his investigation?
(a) Shekure's house.
(b) Artisans' workshop.
(c) Elegant's home.
(d) Sultan's house.
3. What does Enishte tell Black that the Sultan wants to regain?
(a) Management of the money and inflation.
(b) Control over his people.
(c) The trust of those that are miniatures.
(d) The style of the Franks.
4. What does Black want Shekure to know?
(a) His plans for the investigation.
(b) His desire to run away.
(c) His love for her.
(d) His knowledge of her plans.
5. Why does Black believe there is rioting at the Sultan's palace?
(a) Because the Sultan has murdered people.
(b) Because the value of money has declined.
(c) Because so many people are disappearing.
(d) Because there is not enough food to feed the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the murder draw pictures for the storyteller?
2. Who is Enishte?
3. In what language was this novel originally written?
4. What does Elegant want his family to do when they find his murderer?
5. Why is Shekure in an awkward situation?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)