Lesson 1 (from Chapters 1-4)
The students will be able to complete a character analysis.
• Have the students create a character analysis graphic organizer
• Have the students choose a favorite character and write a biography of that character based on the information included in the novel to this point.
• Have the students compare two characters Black and Enishte.
Have the students answer in writing: Why do you believe Black decided it was time to return to Istanbul after having left earlier?
Have the students answer in writing: Describe in detail and with supporting information from the novel how Elegant was killed.
Lesson 2 (from Chapters 1-4)
The students will be able to identify writing techniques involved in developing the scene.
• Have the students identify specific language from the story which the author uses to set the scene.
• Ask the students to identify...
This section contains 4,271 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)