• The story opens with the soul of the character Elegant describing his murder.
• He realizes that since no one has found his body, that his family probably thinks he is off doing inappropriate things.
• He believes that his death is just part of a conspiracy against his religion and traditions and warns of implications.
• Black is introduced as someone who is returning to Istanbul after traveling and working for twelve years.
• He tells how he fell in love with the man who offered him an apprenticeship and when it was discouraged, he left Istanbul.
• Black wanders into a coffee house where there is a storyteller giving different vioces to various parts of a picture to depict his story.
• At the end of this section, the murderer is confessing to killing Elegant but wandering aimlessing wondering how people will treat him and feel about him, but he...
This section contains 2,213 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)