Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
2. What day is it when Asher and Aryeh have the discussion about blindness and about the technical language of the critics?
3. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
4. Anna Schaeffer describes which character as her "Brooklyn prodigy"?
5. Jacob Kahn takes Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at various paintings of which subject?
In this novel, each major character strives to live out his or her purpose in life, especially as it relates to the Jewish community. Which character do you think accomplishes this the most effectively? Which character accomplishes this the least effectively?
"Vocation" is a word that describes one's choice of career as a way to fulfill one's personhood. This novel heavily emphasizes vocation as a way to follow God. Compare and contrast Aryeh's choice to travel for the Rebbe with Asher's choice to become an artist. Do you think they choose appropriate vocations to express who they are on the inside? Explain.
Describe Anna Schaeffer's role in Asher's life. How do you feel about the way her employees arrive at Asher's apartment, carry away his paintings, and don't let him see them again until the show?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)