|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Jacob Kahn referring when he mentions the "old Spaniard"?
2. In Chapter 14 when Asher cannot find his parents, where are they?
3. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
4. On what day of the week does Asher visit Jacob Kahn?
5. For how much do Asher's small paintings sell?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Asher have to move to Paris after his community sees the Brooklyn Crucifixions? Do you think Asher was right to leave Brooklyn, or do you think he should have publicly defended his work? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does religion affect the daily lives of the Lev family? Provide some examples of the way they think about God throughout the day, remembering to include a discussion of their activities, their conversation, and their world views.
Essay Topic 3
Asher's street becomes a major subject for his art and a major symbol of security for him. If Asher had been forced to move to Europe with his parents, how do you think that move would have affected his art?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)