Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
2. What day is it when Asher and Aryeh have the discussion about blindness and about the technical language of the critics?
3. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
4. Anna Schaeffer describes which character as her "Brooklyn prodigy"?
5. Jacob Kahn takes Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at various paintings of which subject?
Essay Topic 1
When Asher hears about the conditions in which Russian Jews are living, he feels the need to ask Yudel Krinsky many questions about Siberia. The answers to these questions contribute to Asher's growing fear of leaving his Brooklyn street. Write an essay that describes what is happening in Russia and Siberia during the time of this novel, including as many of the novel's details as you can remember, and compare and contrast the characters' reaction to those evens. For example, how does Aryeh's reaction differ from Asher's? With whose opinion do you most sympathize?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Rebbe's relationship with his people. How would you react if you had to ask a leader for permission to make important decisions? How do the Levs react to the Rebbe's wishes?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Asher's decision to become an artist is something he could have escaped, if he had wished? Do you think that his decision causes him to lead a more fulfilled or a less fulfilled life?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)