|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which university does Rivkeh teach Russian affairs?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Brooklyn College.
(c) New York University.
(d) Bronx University.
2. Which person from Asher's life in Brooklyn comes to visit him in Paris?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(d) Anna Schaeffer.
3. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(d) New York City.
4. Which biblical book does the matron of the hotel read continually?
5. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
(a) Mrs. Rackover.
(b) Anna Schaeffer.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) The mashpia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aryeh notes that someone in Florence thought he belonged to which religious group?
2. Where does Asher fly with Jacob Kahn to see a Matisse exhibition?
3. What is the title of the book Rivkeh's professor gives to Asher?
4. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
5. Asher accuses Aryeh of being blind in which way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob Kahn say about the first painting Asher creates of his enemy classmate?
2. Describe how Anna Schaeffer looks.
3. Describe the reactions of Aryeh and Rivkeh when Asher announces that he plans to spend the summer in Europe.
4. Describe Asher's surroundings while he lives with Jacob Kahn in Provincetown.
5. What is Asher's strongest memory of his first art show?
6. How does the Rav Dorochoff react to Asher's calling him in the middle of the night?
7. At the end of Chapter 8, where is Aryeh?
8. What does Rivkeh learn from a professor at her university about Jacob Kahn?
9. How does Jacob Kahn talk to God?
10. In Chapter 13, Asher's understanding of his mythic ancestor changes. What does Asher realize about him?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)