|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
(b) His home neighborhood.
(c) A still life.
2. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
(a) Upper Manhattan.
(b) The Bronx.
3. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
(a) A "hand drawing."
(b) An "eye drawing."
(c) An innovation.
(d) A masterpiece.
4. When Asher falls asleep in class, the teacher makes fun of him by calling him which name?
(b) Sitra achra.
5. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
(a) Picasso's studio.
(b) The cinema.
(c) A kosher restaurant.
(d) The Moulin Rouge.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
2. In which European city does Asher decide to stay for a year or two?
3. After word has gotten around about the Brooklyn Crucifixions, where does the Rebbe ask Asher to live?
4. Jacob Kahn states that all paintings fall into one of which two categories?
5. For how much do Asher's small paintings sell?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)