|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Aryeh disappears without a trace for a while, but in the beginning of Chapter 9, he sends Rivkeh and Asher a telegram from which city?
2. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
(a) The cinema.
(b) A kosher restaurant.
(c) The Moulin Rouge.
(d) Picasso's studio.
3. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
(b) Plaster of paris.
(d) Oils on canvas.
4. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(c) Myrtle Beach.
(d) The Berkshires.
5. In Chapter 13, after having viewed the Pieta, Asher draws a man surrounded by what?
(b) Fallen leaves.
(c) Sea gulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
2. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
3. Aryeh makes the statement that which type of people take art very seriously?
4. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
5. Aryeh notes that someone in Florence thought he belonged to which religious group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jacob Kahn looks in Chapter 14.
2. Describe Asher's surroundings while he lives with Jacob Kahn in Provincetown.
3. How do the strangers at the art show react to the Brooklyn Crucifixions?
4. Which four people from the Bible does the Pieta portray?
5. Why does the Rebbe want Asher to study Russian?
6. How does the Rav Dorochoff react to Asher's calling him in the middle of the night?
7. What does Asher do for the summer while Jacob Kahn campaigns for Kennedy?
8. Why does Jacob Kahn say that Asher is becoming a whore?
9. Describe the person with whom Asher stays in Florence.
10. Why does Asher begin carrying messages for the Rebbe?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)