|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Europe, what does Asher receive in the mail from Anna Schaeffer?
(a) An envelope full of cash.
(b) A beret.
(c) An irate letter.
(d) A box of cookies.
2. In which European city does Asher decide to stay for a year or two?
3. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Upper Manhattan.
4. What city does Jacob Kahn describe as a "gift"?
5. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
(b) Abstract impressionism.
(c) Portraits of people they know.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Paris, Jacob Kahn worked with which famous artist?
2. According to Asher while he is talking with Aryeh in Chapter 14, who buys his paintings?
3. What is Jacob Kahn's wife's name?
4. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
5. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jacob Kahn looks in Chapter 14.
2. How does Asher describe the difference between a naked woman and a nude?
3. How do the strangers at the art show react to the Brooklyn Crucifixions?
4. Describe the sculpture that Jacob Kahn specifically keeps for himself in Chapter 11, purportedly at his wife's request.
5. In Chapter 13, Asher's understanding of his mythic ancestor changes. What does Asher realize about him?
6. Why does the Rebbe want Asher to study Russian?
7. How does the Rav Dorochoff react to Asher's calling him in the middle of the night?
8. What types of paintings does Jacob Kahn emphasize in his trips with Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art? Why?
9. What does Asher draw for his enemy classmate? Describe the picture.
10. Describe the Brooklyn Crucifixions.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)