|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides learning art, what does Asher learn from Jacob Kahn in Chapter 10?
(c) Reading French.
(d) Playing golf.
2. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
(b) Portraits of people they know.
(d) Abstract impressionism.
3. How old is Aryeh at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(b) Mid forties.
4. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
(a) The cinema.
(b) Picasso's studio.
(c) The Moulin Rouge.
(d) A kosher restaurant.
5. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
(b) Oils on canvas.
(d) Plaster of paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Brooklyn Crucifixions, what structure forms the crucifix?
2. In which European city does Asher decide to stay for a year or two?
3. Where does Asher want to go after graduating?
4. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
5. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of paintings does Jacob Kahn emphasize in his trips with Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art? Why?
2. Describe the Brooklyn Crucifixions.
3. In Chapter 13, Asher's understanding of his mythic ancestor changes. What does Asher realize about him?
4. Why does the Rebbe want Asher to study Russian?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, where is Aryeh?
6. Describe Asher's surroundings while he lives with Jacob Kahn in Provincetown.
7. How does the Rav Dorochoff react to Asher's calling him in the middle of the night?
8. What does Rivkeh learn from a professor at her university about Jacob Kahn?
9. Describe how Jacob Kahn looks in Chapter 14.
10. What does Aryeh look like in Chapter 12, after Rivkeh has spent several years with him in Europe?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)