|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
(b) Abstract impressionism.
(d) Portraits of people they know.
2. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(a) The Berkshires.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
3. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
(a) American Gothic.
(b) The Mona Lisa.
(c) The David.
(d) The Sistine Chapel.
4. In Chapter 8, Aryeh disappears without a trace for a while, but in the beginning of Chapter 9, he sends Rivkeh and Asher a telegram from which city?
5. Jacob Kahn states that all paintings fall into one of which two categories?
(a) Geometry and a flower.
(b) Impressionism and realism.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
2. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
3. What does Jacob Kahn call the man who talks to them about the art market in Tokyo?
4. Asher accuses Aryeh of being blind in which way?
5. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Asher's surroundings while he lives with Jacob Kahn in Provincetown.
2. What does Aryeh look like in Chapter 12, after Rivkeh has spent several years with him in Europe?
3. What does Rivkeh learn from a professor at her university about Jacob Kahn?
4. Describe the person with whom Asher stays in Florence.
5. Describe the sculpture that Jacob Kahn specifically keeps for himself in Chapter 11, purportedly at his wife's request.
6. In Chapter 13, Asher's understanding of his mythic ancestor changes. What does Asher realize about him?
7. How do the strangers at the art show react to the Brooklyn Crucifixions?
8. Which four people from the Bible does the Pieta portray?
9. What does Jacob Kahn say about the first painting Asher creates of his enemy classmate?
10. How does the Rav Dorochoff react to Asher's calling him in the middle of the night?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)