|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
(d) West Berlin.
2. For how much do Asher's small paintings sell?
3. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(b) The Berkshires.
(c) Myrtle Beach.
4. In which university does Rivkeh teach Russian affairs?
(a) Brooklyn College.
(b) New York University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) Bronx University.
5. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
(a) Abstract impressionism.
(c) Portraits of people they know.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9 when Aryeh comes home for a visit, how does he look?
2. When Asher falls asleep in class, the teacher makes fun of him by calling him which name?
3. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
4. In Chapter 14 when Asher cannot find his parents, where are they?
5. Where does Asher move when Rivkeh goes to Europe to be with Aryeh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aryeh look like in Chapter 12, after Rivkeh has spent several years with him in Europe?
2. Describe the sculpture that Jacob Kahn specifically keeps for himself in Chapter 11, purportedly at his wife's request.
3. How does the Rav Dorochoff react to Asher's calling him in the middle of the night?
4. Describe Asher's surroundings while he lives with Jacob Kahn in Provincetown.
5. Why does Jacob Kahn say that Asher is becoming a whore?
6. How does Jacob Kahn talk to God?
7. Describe how Anna Schaeffer looks.
8. Which four people from the Bible does the Pieta portray?
9. What does Jacob Kahn say about the first painting Asher creates of his enemy classmate?
10. Describe the reactions of Aryeh and Rivkeh when Asher announces that he plans to spend the summer in Europe.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)