|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Paris, Jacob Kahn worked with which famous artist?
(b) Van Gogh.
2. In Chapter 14 when Asher cannot find his parents, where are they?
(b) Out to dinner at a kosher restaurant.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) The subway.
3. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
(b) The Berkshires.
4. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
5. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
2. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn encourages Asher to paint the full depth of his hatred for which person in his life?
3. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
4. While wandering alone through Manhattan, Asher visits whose art gallery?
5. What does Jacob Kahn call the man who talks to them about the art market in Tokyo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Brooklyn Crucifixions.
2. How does Asher describe the difference between a naked woman and a nude?
3. What does Aryeh look like in Chapter 12, after Rivkeh has spent several years with him in Europe?
4. How does Jacob Kahn talk to God?
5. Why does the Rebbe want Asher to study Russian?
6. Why does Asher begin carrying messages for the Rebbe?
7. Describe how Anna Schaeffer looks.
8. How do the strangers at the art show react to the Brooklyn Crucifixions?
9. Describe how Jacob Kahn looks in Chapter 14.
10. Describe the sculpture that Jacob Kahn specifically keeps for himself in Chapter 11, purportedly at his wife's request.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)