|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does the Rebbe encourage Asher to study in college?
2. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(a) Myrtle Beach.
(b) The Berkshires.
3. Jacob Kahn describes Asher as "too religious" to be which type of artist?
(c) Abstract Expressionist.
4. After word has gotten around about the Brooklyn Crucifixions, where does the Rebbe ask Asher to live?
5. What day is it when Asher and Aryeh have the discussion about blindness and about the technical language of the critics?
(b) Yom Kippur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
2. To whom is Jacob Kahn referring when he mentions the "old Spaniard"?
3. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
4. In Chapter 14, Asher visits which character who has been ill?
5. Which college does Asher plan to attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob Kahn respond when Asher asks him if the artist he had just visited was happy?
2. Describe the person with whom Asher stays in Florence.
3. How does Asher describe the difference between a naked woman and a nude?
4. Describe the Brooklyn Crucifixions.
5. Describe how Jacob Kahn looks in Chapter 14.
6. Describe the sculpture that Jacob Kahn specifically keeps for himself in Chapter 11, purportedly at his wife's request.
7. How do the strangers at the art show react to the Brooklyn Crucifixions?
8. Which four people from the Bible does the Pieta portray?
9. What does Asher do for the summer while Jacob Kahn campaigns for Kennedy?
10. What objects does Asher notice in his parents' bedroom?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)