|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
(c) Plaster of paris.
(d) Oils on canvas.
2. After word has gotten around about the Brooklyn Crucifixions, where does the Rebbe ask Asher to live?
3. One art critic describes Asher's work as having a "menacing affinity" for what?
(a) "Chagallian excesses."
(b) The absurd.
(c) The macabre.
(d) "Picassoid forms."
4. What is Yitzchok Lev's wife's name?
5. According to Asher while he is talking with Aryeh in Chapter 14, who buys his paintings?
(c) Wealthy families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
2. What city does Jacob Kahn describe as a "gift"?
3. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
4. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
5. Jacob Kahn states that all paintings fall into one of which two categories?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)