|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(c) New York City.
2. Which biblical book does the matron of the hotel read continually?
3. In which university does Rivkeh teach Russian affairs?
(a) New York University.
(b) Bronx University.
(c) Brooklyn College.
(d) Columbia University.
4. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
(a) Abstract impressionism.
(b) Portraits of people they know.
5. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Avraham Cutler's father?
2. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
3. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
4. When the reviewers attack the Brooklyn Crucifixions, Anna Schaeffer calls them what name?
5. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob Kahn respond when Asher asks him if the artist he had just visited was happy?
2. Describe Asher's surroundings while he lives with Jacob Kahn in Provincetown.
3. How does Jacob Kahn talk to God?
4. What does Asher draw for his enemy classmate? Describe the picture.
5. Describe the sculpture that Jacob Kahn specifically keeps for himself in Chapter 11, purportedly at his wife's request.
6. At the end of Chapter 8, where is Aryeh?
7. Describe the reactions of Aryeh and Rivkeh when Asher announces that he plans to spend the summer in Europe.
8. Describe the person with whom Asher stays in Florence.
9. Why does Jacob Kahn say that Asher is becoming a whore?
10. What does Aryeh look like in Chapter 12, after Rivkeh has spent several years with him in Europe?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)