|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides learning art, what does Asher learn from Jacob Kahn in Chapter 10?
(a) Reading French.
(b) Playing golf.
2. In which European city does Asher decide to stay for a year or two?
3. What language does the Rebbe encourage Asher to study in college?
4. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
(a) The cinema.
(b) Picasso's studio.
(c) The Moulin Rouge.
(d) A kosher restaurant.
5. Where do Asher's parents eat after the show?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Yitzchok Lev's house.
(c) Their apartment.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Avraham Cutler's father?
2. Which college does Asher plan to attend?
3. What is Jacob Kahn's wife's name?
4. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
5. In Chapter 14, Asher visits which character who has been ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aryeh look like in Chapter 12, after Rivkeh has spent several years with him in Europe?
2. Before meeting with Jacob Kahn for the first time, Asher receives an assignment from him to read a story from the New Testament. What is the story? How does Asher feel about reading it?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, where is Aryeh?
4. How does Jacob Kahn talk to God?
5. What types of paintings does Jacob Kahn emphasize in his trips with Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art? Why?
6. Describe Asher's surroundings while he lives with Jacob Kahn in Provincetown.
7. How does Jacob Kahn respond when Asher asks him if the artist he had just visited was happy?
8. How does the Rav Dorochoff react to Asher's calling him in the middle of the night?
9. What objects does Asher notice in his parents' bedroom?
10. Describe the reactions of Aryeh and Rivkeh when Asher announces that he plans to spend the summer in Europe.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)