|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Asher visits which character who has been ill?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Rivkeh Lev.
(c) Mrs. Rackover.
(d) Jacob Kahn.
2. Jacob Kahn takes Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at various paintings of which subject?
(a) The madonna and child.
(b) The crucifixion.
3. Jacob Kahn describes Asher as "too religious" to be which type of artist?
(a) Abstract Expressionist.
4. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
(a) The French.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Mesopotamians.
5. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
(c) Upper Manhattan.
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Aryeh disappears without a trace for a while, but in the beginning of Chapter 9, he sends Rivkeh and Asher a telegram from which city?
2. In Chapter 10, which museum do Jacob Kahn and Asher visit together?
3. What type of refreshments do they have at Asher's last show?
4. What is Jacob Kahn's wife's name?
5. In Paris, Jacob Kahn worked with which famous artist?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob Kahn talk to God?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, where is Aryeh?
3. How does Asher describe the difference between a naked woman and a nude?
4. Describe the reactions of Aryeh and Rivkeh when Asher announces that he plans to spend the summer in Europe.
5. What does Asher do for the summer while Jacob Kahn campaigns for Kennedy?
6. What does Asher draw for his enemy classmate? Describe the picture.
7. How does Jacob Kahn respond when Asher asks him if the artist he had just visited was happy?
8. What is Asher's strongest memory of his first art show?
9. What is the illness that forces Jacob Kahn into bed for a few days?
10. Describe Asher's surroundings while he lives with Jacob Kahn in Provincetown.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)