|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
(a) His home neighborhood.
(c) A still life.
2. Which biblical book does the matron of the hotel read continually?
3. What is Jacob Kahn's wife's name?
4. In Chapter 14 when Asher cannot find his parents, where are they?
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) The subway.
(d) Out to dinner at a kosher restaurant.
5. Where do Asher's parents eat after the show?
(a) Yudel Krinsky's store.
(b) Yitzchok Lev's house.
(c) Their apartment.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Asher while he is talking with Aryeh in Chapter 14, who buys his paintings?
2. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
3. To whom is Jacob Kahn referring when he mentions the "old Spaniard"?
4. While at Jacob Kahn's vacation home, what type of bird does Asher watch and paint frequently?
5. Where does Asher want to go after graduating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Asher's surroundings while he lives with Jacob Kahn in Provincetown.
2. Describe how Anna Schaeffer looks.
3. Which four people from the Bible does the Pieta portray?
4. What does Rivkeh learn from a professor at her university about Jacob Kahn?
5. Describe the person with whom Asher stays in Florence.
6. At the end of Chapter 8, where is Aryeh?
7. What objects does Asher notice in his parents' bedroom?
8. What does Jacob Kahn say about the first painting Asher creates of his enemy classmate?
9. Before meeting with Jacob Kahn for the first time, Asher receives an assignment from him to read a story from the New Testament. What is the story? How does Asher feel about reading it?
10. What is the illness that forces Jacob Kahn into bed for a few days?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)