|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14 when Asher cannot find his parents, where are they?
(a) The University of Chicago.
(b) Out to dinner at a kosher restaurant.
(c) The subway.
2. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
(a) Oils on canvas.
(c) Plaster of paris.
3. In Chapter 9 when Aryeh comes home for a visit, how does he look?
(a) Old and tired.
4. Which college does Asher plan to attend?
(a) New York University.
(b) Brooklyn College.
5. What method of creating art does Asher learn in Chapter 11?
(b) Papier mache.
(d) Glass blowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Asher fly with Jacob Kahn to see a Matisse exhibition?
2. Where does Asher move when Rivkeh goes to Europe to be with Aryeh?
3. How old is Aryeh at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
5. What type of artists did Jacob Kahn know in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of paintings does Jacob Kahn emphasize in his trips with Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art? Why?
2. Describe the reactions of Aryeh and Rivkeh when Asher announces that he plans to spend the summer in Europe.
3. What does Jacob Kahn say about the first painting Asher creates of his enemy classmate?
4. In Chapter 13, Asher's understanding of his mythic ancestor changes. What does Asher realize about him?
5. How does Jacob Kahn respond when Asher asks him if the artist he had just visited was happy?
6. What is the illness that forces Jacob Kahn into bed for a few days?
7. What does Asher do for the summer while Jacob Kahn campaigns for Kennedy?
8. Why does the Rebbe want Asher to study Russian?
9. Before meeting with Jacob Kahn for the first time, Asher receives an assignment from him to read a story from the New Testament. What is the story? How does Asher feel about reading it?
10. What does Asher draw for his enemy classmate? Describe the picture.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)