|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asher accuses Aryeh of being blind in which way?
2. After word has gotten around about the Brooklyn Crucifixions, where does the Rebbe ask Asher to live?
3. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
(a) An "eye drawing."
(b) A "hand drawing."
(c) An innovation.
(d) A masterpiece.
4. What biblical book does Asher read on the holiday of Tisha b'Av?
5. What type of artists did Jacob Kahn know in Paris?
(a) Abstract artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob Kahn call the man who talks to them about the art market in Tokyo?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 12, Aryeh and Rivkeh share a private joke over which of Rivkeh's habits?
3. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
4. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
5. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the strangers at the art show react to the Brooklyn Crucifixions?
2. What types of paintings does Jacob Kahn emphasize in his trips with Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art? Why?
3. Describe the Brooklyn Crucifixions.
4. What is Asher's strongest memory of his first art show?
5. Which four people from the Bible does the Pieta portray?
6. In Chapter 13, Asher's understanding of his mythic ancestor changes. What does Asher realize about him?
7. How does Asher describe the difference between a naked woman and a nude?
8. How does the Rav Dorochoff react to Asher's calling him in the middle of the night?
9. What does Jacob Kahn say about the first painting Asher creates of his enemy classmate?
10. Why does Jacob Kahn say that Asher is becoming a whore?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)