|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Europe, what does Asher receive in the mail from Anna Schaeffer?
(a) A beret.
(b) A box of cookies.
(c) An irate letter.
(d) An envelope full of cash.
2. At Jacob Kahn's vacation home, in which part of the house does Asher live?
(a) A sun porch.
(b) The basement.
(c) The attic.
(d) The studio.
3. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
(a) A still life.
(c) His home neighborhood.
4. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(a) The Berkshires.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
5. What city does Jacob Kahn describe as a "gift"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Asher copies which painting as a gift for the classmate who teases him?
2. After word has gotten around about the Brooklyn Crucifixions, where does the Rebbe ask Asher to live?
3. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
4. For how much do Asher's small paintings sell?
5. In Chapter 10, which museum do Jacob Kahn and Asher visit together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which four people from the Bible does the Pieta portray?
2. How do the strangers at the art show react to the Brooklyn Crucifixions?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, where is Aryeh?
4. What is the illness that forces Jacob Kahn into bed for a few days?
5. Describe how Jacob Kahn looks in Chapter 14.
6. Before meeting with Jacob Kahn for the first time, Asher receives an assignment from him to read a story from the New Testament. What is the story? How does Asher feel about reading it?
7. In Chapter 13, Asher's understanding of his mythic ancestor changes. What does Asher realize about him?
8. What does Jacob Kahn say about the first painting Asher creates of his enemy classmate?
9. Describe how Anna Schaeffer looks.
10. Describe Asher's surroundings while he lives with Jacob Kahn in Provincetown.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)