|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Avraham Cutler's father?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Yudel Krinsky.
(c) Reuben Cutler.
(d) The mashpia.
2. While wandering alone through Manhattan, Asher visits whose art gallery?
(b) Anna Schaeffer's.
(c) Jacob Kahn's.
(d) The Rebbe's.
3. Besides learning art, what does Asher learn from Jacob Kahn in Chapter 10?
(b) Playing golf.
(c) Reading French.
4. In Chapter 14, Asher helps which person shovel snow?
(a) Mrs. Rackover.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
5. How old is Aryeh at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(d) Mid forties.
6. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
(b) The Berkshires.
7. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
8. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
(a) A still life.
(b) His home neighborhood.
9. Where does Asher want to go after graduating?
(b) Medical school.
(c) Columbia University.
10. While in Europe, what does Asher receive in the mail from Anna Schaeffer?
(a) A box of cookies.
(b) An envelope full of cash.
(c) An irate letter.
(d) A beret.
11. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
12. In the beginning of Chapter 12, Aryeh and Rivkeh share a private joke over which of Rivkeh's habits?
(a) Forgetting where she has laid her book.
(b) Tapping her fingertips on the table.
(c) Biting her fingernails.
(d) Waiting at windows.
13. Jacob Kahn states that all paintings fall into one of which two categories?
(a) Impressionism and realism.
(b) Geometry and a flower.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Life and death.
14. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
15. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Asher accuses Aryeh of being blind in which way?
2. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
3. In Chapter 14, which character does Asher call to ask about his parents?
4. What method of creating art does Asher learn in Chapter 11?
5. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)