|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
2. While wandering alone through Manhattan, Asher visits whose art gallery?
(a) Anna Schaeffer's.
(c) The Rebbe's.
(d) Jacob Kahn's.
3. What language does the Rebbe encourage Asher to study in college?
4. What biblical book does Asher read on the holiday of Tisha b'Av?
5. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
6. Which biblical book does the matron of the hotel read continually?
7. According to Asher while he is talking with Aryeh in Chapter 14, who buys his paintings?
(c) Wealthy families.
8. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
(a) His tefillin.
(b) His beret.
(c) His designer t-shirts.
(d) His payos (earlocks).
9. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The French.
(d) The Mesopotamians.
10. In Chapter 14, which character does Asher call to ask about his parents?
(a) Rav Dorochoff.
(b) Avraham Cutler.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) The mashpia.
11. At Jacob Kahn's vacation home, in which part of the house does Asher live?
(a) The studio.
(b) The basement.
(c) The attic.
(d) A sun porch.
12. In Chapter 14, Asher helps which person shovel snow?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) Mrs. Rackover.
13. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
14. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
(a) The David.
(b) American Gothic.
(c) The Mona Lisa.
(d) The Sistine Chapel.
15. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
(a) Portraits of people they know.
(c) Abstract impressionism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person from Asher's life in Brooklyn comes to visit him in Paris?
2. In which university does Rivkeh teach Russian affairs?
3. Aryeh makes the statement that which type of people take art very seriously?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Asher mention having for lunch regularly?
5. In Chapter 13, after having viewed the Pieta, Asher draws a man surrounded by what?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)