|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
2. What type of artists did Jacob Kahn know in Paris?
(c) Abstract artists.
3. In Chapter 10, which museum do Jacob Kahn and Asher visit together?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The Brooklyn Museum.
(c) The Smithsonian.
(d) The Chrysler Museum.
4. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
5. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
(a) A masterpiece.
(b) An "eye drawing."
(c) An innovation.
(d) A "hand drawing."
6. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
(a) Oils on canvas.
(d) Plaster of paris.
7. Where does Asher fly with Jacob Kahn to see a Matisse exhibition?
8. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(b) The Berkshires.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
9. Asher copies which painting as a gift for the classmate who teases him?
(a) Titian's The Sacrifice of Abraham.
(b) Michelangelo's Last Judgment.
(c) Van Gogh's Starry Night.
(d) The Mona Lisa.
10. Which person from Asher's life in Brooklyn comes to visit him in Paris?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) Anna Schaeffer.
(c) The mashpia.
11. In the Brooklyn Crucifixions, what structure forms the crucifix?
(a) A tree.
(b) A Venetian blind.
(c) Telephone poles.
12. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
(a) West Berlin.
13. In Chapter 14, Asher visits which character who has been ill?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) Rivkeh Lev.
(d) Mrs. Rackover.
14. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
15. Which college does Asher plan to attend?
(a) New York University.
(d) Brooklyn College.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, after having viewed the Pieta, Asher draws a man surrounded by what?
2. Jacob Kahn takes Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at various paintings of which subject?
3. What city does Jacob Kahn describe as a "gift"?
4. Where does Asher move when Rivkeh goes to Europe to be with Aryeh?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Asher mention having for lunch regularly?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)