|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(c) New York City.
2. What is the title of the book Rivkeh's professor gives to Asher?
(a) The Art Spirit.
(b) Great Jewish Artists.
(c) Russian Art Through the Centuries.
(d) A Biography of Picasso.
3. When the reviewers attack the Brooklyn Crucifixions, Anna Schaeffer calls them what name?
(a) Ignorant people.
4. What is Yitzchok Lev's wife's name?
5. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn encourages Asher to paint the full depth of his hatred for which person in his life?
(b) A classmate.
6. What language does the Rebbe encourage Asher to study in college?
7. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
8. When Asher falls asleep in class, the teacher makes fun of him by calling him which name?
(a) Sitra achra.
9. Where does Asher move when Rivkeh goes to Europe to be with Aryeh?
(a) Yudel Krinsky's house.
(b) Jacob Kahn's apartment.
(c) Yitzchok Lev's house.
(d) Boarding school.
10. Asher accuses Aryeh of being blind in which way?
11. In which university does Rivkeh teach Russian affairs?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Brooklyn College.
(d) Bronx University.
12. In Chapter 9 when Aryeh comes home for a visit, how does he look?
(c) Old and tired.
13. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
14. In the beginning of Chapter 12, Aryeh and Rivkeh share a private joke over which of Rivkeh's habits?
(a) Biting her fingernails.
(b) Forgetting where she has laid her book.
(c) Waiting at windows.
(d) Tapping her fingertips on the table.
15. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Asher visits which character who has been ill?
2. What is Jacob Kahn's wife's name?
3. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
4. In Chapter 14 when Asher cannot find his parents, where are they?
5. While at Jacob Kahn's vacation home, what type of bird does Asher watch and paint frequently?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)