|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
(b) Isaac Goldstein.
(c) The mayor of New York City.
(d) Anna Schaeffer.
2. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
(a) The French.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Mesopotamians.
3. Where does Asher have his first experience of painting a nude?
(a) Jacob Kahn's studio.
(b) In school.
(c) At home.
(d) An art class at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
4. Where does Asher fly with Jacob Kahn to see a Matisse exhibition?
5. What method of creating art does Asher learn in Chapter 11?
(b) Glass blowing.
(c) Papier mache.
6. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(b) Myrtle Beach.
(d) The Berkshires.
7. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(b) New York City.
8. In the beginning of Chapter 12, Aryeh and Rivkeh share a private joke over which of Rivkeh's habits?
(a) Forgetting where she has laid her book.
(b) Waiting at windows.
(c) Biting her fingernails.
(d) Tapping her fingertips on the table.
9. Aryeh notes that someone in Florence thought he belonged to which religious group?
(d) Greek Orthodoxy.
10. Which person from Asher's life in Brooklyn comes to visit him in Paris?
(a) Anna Schaeffer.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
11. When Asher falls asleep in class, the teacher makes fun of him by calling him which name?
(d) Sitra achra.
12. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
(a) The Berkshires.
13. What is Jacob Kahn's wife's name?
14. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
15. After word has gotten around about the Brooklyn Crucifixions, where does the Rebbe ask Asher to live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Asher want to go after graduating?
2. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
3. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn encourages Asher to paint the full depth of his hatred for which person in his life?
4. In Chapter 14, Asher helps which person shovel snow?
5. In Chapter 9 when Aryeh comes home for a visit, how does he look?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)