Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Mrs. Rackover.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) Anna Schaeffer.
2. What day is it when Asher and Aryeh have the discussion about blindness and about the technical language of the critics?
(b) Yom Kippur.
3. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
4. Anna Schaeffer describes which character as her "Brooklyn prodigy"?
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
5. Jacob Kahn takes Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at various paintings of which subject?
(a) The madonna and child.
(b) The crucifixion.
6. Aryeh notes that someone in Florence thought he belonged to which religious group?
(d) Greek Orthodoxy.
7. What city does Jacob Kahn describe as a "gift"?
8. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
9. Where does Asher move when Rivkeh goes to Europe to be with Aryeh?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) Jacob Kahn's apartment.
(c) Yitzchok Lev's house.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's house.
10. What does Jacob Kahn call the man who talks to them about the art market in Tokyo?
(a) A shark.
(d) A whore.
11. When Asher falls asleep in class, the teacher makes fun of him by calling him which name?
(b) Sitra achra.
12. In the beginning of Chapter 12, Aryeh and Rivkeh share a private joke over which of Rivkeh's habits?
(a) Tapping her fingertips on the table.
(b) Biting her fingernails.
(c) Forgetting where she has laid her book.
(d) Waiting at windows.
13. While at Jacob Kahn's vacation home, what type of bird does Asher watch and paint frequently?
14. Which biblical book does the matron of the hotel read continually?
15. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
2. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
3. Jacob Kahn states that all paintings fall into one of which two categories?
4. In the Brooklyn Crucifixions, what structure forms the crucifix?
5. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)