|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aryeh notes that someone in Florence thought he belonged to which religious group?
(d) Greek Orthodoxy.
2. Where does Asher want to go after graduating?
(a) Medical school.
(c) Columbia University.
3. Which college does Asher plan to attend?
(b) New York University.
(d) Brooklyn College.
4. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
(a) His payos (earlocks).
(b) His designer t-shirts.
(c) His tefillin.
(d) His beret.
5. In the Brooklyn Crucifixions, what structure forms the crucifix?
(a) A tree.
(c) Telephone poles.
(d) A Venetian blind.
6. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Anna Schaeffer.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) Mrs. Rackover.
7. What kind of hat does Asher wear?
(c) Baseball cap.
(d) Fisherman's cap.
8. Where do Asher's parents eat after the show?
(a) Yitzchok Lev's house.
(b) Their apartment.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's store.
9. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
(a) The Mesopotamians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Greeks.
10. What language does the Rebbe encourage Asher to study in college?
11. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
12. Jacob Kahn describes Asher as "too religious" to be which type of artist?
(d) Abstract Expressionist.
13. What biblical book does Asher read on the holiday of Tisha b'Av?
14. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
(a) The cinema.
(b) The Moulin Rouge.
(c) A kosher restaurant.
(d) Picasso's studio.
15. Which biblical book does the matron of the hotel read continually?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it when Asher and Aryeh have the discussion about blindness and about the technical language of the critics?
2. What does Jacob Kahn call the man who talks to them about the art market in Tokyo?
3. What city does Jacob Kahn describe as a "gift"?
4. In the evenings during the summer, which street do Asher and Jacob Kahn often walk on?
5. In Chapter 14, Asher visits which character who has been ill?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)