|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14 when Asher cannot find his parents, where are they?
(a) The University of Chicago.
(b) Out to dinner at a kosher restaurant.
(d) The subway.
2. Asher accuses Aryeh of being blind in which way?
3. At Jacob Kahn's vacation home, in which part of the house does Asher live?
(a) The studio.
(b) A sun porch.
(c) The attic.
(d) The basement.
4. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn encourages Asher to paint the full depth of his hatred for which person in his life?
(d) A classmate.
5. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
6. When Asher falls asleep in class, the teacher makes fun of him by calling him which name?
(b) Sitra achra.
7. In Paris, Jacob Kahn worked with which famous artist?
(c) Van Gogh.
8. In Chapter 9 when Aryeh comes home for a visit, how does he look?
(c) Old and tired.
9. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(b) New York City.
10. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
11. In Chapter 14, Asher helps which person shovel snow?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Yudel Krinsky.
(c) Mrs. Rackover.
(d) The Rebbe.
12. When the reviewers attack the Brooklyn Crucifixions, Anna Schaeffer calls them what name?
(b) Ignorant people.
13. Where do Asher's parents eat after the show?
(a) Their apartment.
(b) Yudel Krinsky's store.
(c) Yitzchok Lev's house.
(d) A restaurant.
14. Which college does Asher plan to attend?
(b) New York University.
(d) Brooklyn College.
15. Asher copies which painting as a gift for the classmate who teases him?
(a) Titian's The Sacrifice of Abraham.
(b) Van Gogh's Starry Night.
(c) Michelangelo's Last Judgment.
(d) The Mona Lisa.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
2. To whom is Jacob Kahn referring when he mentions the "old Spaniard"?
3. What biblical book does Asher read on the holiday of Tisha b'Av?
4. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
5. In which university does Rivkeh teach Russian affairs?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)