|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jacob Kahn's wife's name?
2. Anna Schaeffer describes which character as her "Brooklyn prodigy"?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
3. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn encourages Asher to paint the full depth of his hatred for which person in his life?
(d) A classmate.
4. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
(a) The French.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Mesopotamians.
5. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
(b) Portraits of people they know.
(d) Abstract impressionism.
6. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
7. While in Europe, what does Asher receive in the mail from Anna Schaeffer?
(a) A box of cookies.
(b) An envelope full of cash.
(c) An irate letter.
(d) A beret.
8. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
(a) The Moulin Rouge.
(b) The cinema.
(c) A kosher restaurant.
(d) Picasso's studio.
9. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
10. In Chapter 13, what does Asher mention having for lunch regularly?
(b) A roast beef sandwich.
(c) Tea or Coke.
(d) Matzo and hardboiled eggs.
11. How old is Aryeh at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(c) Mid forties.
12. Aryeh makes the statement that which type of people take art very seriously?
(b) Newspaper writers.
(d) Art critics.
13. What type of refreshments do they have at Asher's last show?
(a) Coffee and cookies.
(b) Wine and cheese.
(d) Kosher food.
14. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(a) New York City.
15. What is Yitzchok Lev's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacob Kahn takes Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at various paintings of which subject?
2. When Asher falls asleep in class, the teacher makes fun of him by calling him which name?
3. In Chapter 13, after having viewed the Pieta, Asher draws a man surrounded by what?
4. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
5. On what day of the week does Asher visit Jacob Kahn?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)