|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
(a) The Rebbe's.
2. What type of refreshments do they have at Asher's last show?
(a) Wine and cheese.
(b) Coffee and cookies.
(c) Kosher food.
3. Asher copies which painting as a gift for the classmate who teases him?
(a) Van Gogh's Starry Night.
(b) Michelangelo's Last Judgment.
(c) The Mona Lisa.
(d) Titian's The Sacrifice of Abraham.
4. In Chapter 14, Asher helps which person shovel snow?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Mrs. Rackover.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
5. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
(a) An innovation.
(b) A "hand drawing."
(c) A masterpiece.
(d) An "eye drawing."
6. Besides learning art, what does Asher learn from Jacob Kahn in Chapter 10?
(c) Playing golf.
(d) Reading French.
7. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
(b) Isaac Goldstein.
(c) Anna Schaeffer.
(d) The mayor of New York City.
8. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(b) The Berkshires.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
9. Jacob Kahn describes Asher as "too religious" to be which type of artist?
(b) Abstract Expressionist.
10. Jacob Kahn takes Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at various paintings of which subject?
(c) The madonna and child.
(d) The crucifixion.
11. Where does Asher fly with Jacob Kahn to see a Matisse exhibition?
12. Which college does Asher plan to attend?
(a) Brooklyn College.
(d) New York University.
13. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
14. Where does Asher have his first experience of painting a nude?
(a) In school.
(b) At home.
(c) Jacob Kahn's studio.
(d) An art class at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
15. Asher accuses Aryeh of being blind in which way?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
2. Who is Avraham Cutler's father?
3. What method of creating art does Asher learn in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 14 when Asher cannot find his parents, where are they?
5. Jacob Kahn states that all paintings fall into one of which two categories?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)