|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person from Asher's life in Brooklyn comes to visit him in Paris?
(a) Anna Schaeffer.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
(d) The mashpia.
2. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
(a) His designer t-shirts.
(b) His beret.
(c) His payos (earlocks).
(d) His tefillin.
3. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
(a) The French.
(b) The Mesopotamians.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Greeks.
4. Jacob Kahn describes Asher as "too religious" to be which type of artist?
(a) Abstract Expressionist.
5. Where does Asher want to go after graduating?
(b) Medical school.
(c) Columbia University.
6. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
(a) A religion.
(b) A god.
(c) A feel-good experience.
(d) A wife.
7. At Jacob Kahn's vacation home, in which part of the house does Asher live?
(a) The studio.
(b) The basement.
(c) The attic.
(d) A sun porch.
8. In the evenings during the summer, which street do Asher and Jacob Kahn often walk on?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Elm Street.
(d) Commercial Street.
9. Asher accuses Aryeh of being blind in which way?
10. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(a) New York City.
11. In the beginning of Chapter 12, Aryeh and Rivkeh share a private joke over which of Rivkeh's habits?
(a) Forgetting where she has laid her book.
(b) Biting her fingernails.
(c) Waiting at windows.
(d) Tapping her fingertips on the table.
12. Where does Asher move when Rivkeh goes to Europe to be with Aryeh?
(a) Jacob Kahn's apartment.
(b) Yitzchok Lev's house.
(c) Yudel Krinsky's house.
(d) Boarding school.
13. What biblical book does Asher read on the holiday of Tisha b'Av?
14. What type of artists did Jacob Kahn know in Paris?
(b) Abstract artists.
15. In Paris, Jacob Kahn worked with which famous artist?
(d) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Europe, what does Asher receive in the mail from Anna Schaeffer?
2. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
3. One art critic describes Asher's work as having a "menacing affinity" for what?
4. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
5. How old is Aryeh at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)