|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hat does Asher wear?
(b) Fisherman's cap.
(c) Baseball cap.
2. In the Brooklyn Crucifixions, what structure forms the crucifix?
(a) Telephone poles.
(c) A tree.
(d) A Venetian blind.
3. In the evenings during the summer, which street do Asher and Jacob Kahn often walk on?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Commercial Street.
(c) Elm Street.
(d) Fifth Avenue.
4. What method of creating art does Asher learn in Chapter 11?
(a) Papier mache.
(d) Glass blowing.
5. For how much do Asher's small paintings sell?
6. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
(b) West Berlin.
7. Who is Avraham Cutler's father?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Reuben Cutler.
(d) The Rebbe.
8. What day is it when Asher and Aryeh have the discussion about blindness and about the technical language of the critics?
(c) Yom Kippur.
9. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn encourages Asher to paint the full depth of his hatred for which person in his life?
(c) A classmate.
10. Jacob Kahn takes Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at various paintings of which subject?
(b) The crucifixion.
(d) The madonna and child.
11. Aryeh notes that someone in Florence thought he belonged to which religious group?
(d) Greek Orthodoxy.
12. To whom is Jacob Kahn referring when he mentions the "old Spaniard"?
(c) Don Quixote.
(d) Francisco Franco.
13. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
(a) His payos (earlocks).
(b) His tefillin.
(c) His designer t-shirts.
(d) His beret.
14. What is the title of the book Rivkeh's professor gives to Asher?
(a) The Art Spirit.
(b) Russian Art Through the Centuries.
(c) Great Jewish Artists.
(d) A Biography of Picasso.
15. Besides learning art, what does Asher learn from Jacob Kahn in Chapter 10?
(c) Reading French.
(d) Playing golf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
2. Which biblical book does the matron of the hotel read continually?
3. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
4. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
5. Where does Asher want to go after graduating?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)