|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Upper Manhattan.
2. In Chapter 8, Aryeh disappears without a trace for a while, but in the beginning of Chapter 9, he sends Rivkeh and Asher a telegram from which city?
3. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
(a) Oils on canvas.
(c) Plaster of paris.
4. In the evenings during the summer, which street do Asher and Jacob Kahn often walk on?
(a) Elm Street.
(b) Commercial Street.
(c) Fifth Avenue.
(d) Main Street.
5. In Chapter 14, which character does Asher call to ask about his parents?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Rav Dorochoff.
(c) Avraham Cutler.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
6. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
(a) Mrs. Rackover.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Anna Schaeffer.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
7. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
(a) His designer t-shirts.
(b) His tefillin.
(c) His payos (earlocks).
(d) His beret.
8. Anna Schaeffer describes which character as her "Brooklyn prodigy"?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
9. Jacob Kahn describes Asher as "too religious" to be which type of artist?
(a) Abstract Expressionist.
10. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
11. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(b) New York City.
12. Where is Asher in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) His street in Brooklyn.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Coney Island.
13. Where do Asher's parents eat after the show?
(a) Their apartment.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Yudel Krinsky's store.
(d) Yitzchok Lev's house.
14. According to Asher while he is talking with Aryeh in Chapter 14, who buys his paintings?
(c) Wealthy families.
15. What language does the Rebbe encourage Asher to study in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
2. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
3. Jacob Kahn takes Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at various paintings of which subject?
4. In Chapter 13, after having viewed the Pieta, Asher draws a man surrounded by what?
5. Where does Asher move when Rivkeh goes to Europe to be with Aryeh?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)