|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Europe, what does Asher receive in the mail from Anna Schaeffer?
(a) A box of cookies.
(b) A beret.
(c) An irate letter.
(d) An envelope full of cash.
2. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
(a) A kosher restaurant.
(b) The cinema.
(c) Picasso's studio.
(d) The Moulin Rouge.
3. In Chapter 10, which museum do Jacob Kahn and Asher visit together?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The Chrysler Museum.
(c) The Brooklyn Museum.
(d) The Smithsonian.
4. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
(a) The French.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Mesopotamians.
5. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
(b) Portraits of people they know.
(c) Abstract impressionism.
6. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
7. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
(b) The Berkshires.
8. To whom is Jacob Kahn referring when he mentions the "old Spaniard"?
(a) Francisco Franco.
(d) Don Quixote.
9. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
10. In Chapter 14, Asher helps which person shovel snow?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Mrs. Rackover.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) The mashpia.
11. What is the setting of the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) The Berkshire Mountains.
(b) Jacob Kahn's studio.
(c) Asher's apartment in Europe.
(d) The Levs' apartment.
12. Asher copies which painting as a gift for the classmate who teases him?
(a) Van Gogh's Starry Night.
(b) The Mona Lisa.
(c) Titian's The Sacrifice of Abraham.
(d) Michelangelo's Last Judgment.
13. After word has gotten around about the Brooklyn Crucifixions, where does the Rebbe ask Asher to live?
14. Where does Asher have his first experience of painting a nude?
(a) An art class at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(b) In school.
(c) At home.
(d) Jacob Kahn's studio.
15. What type of refreshments do they have at Asher's last show?
(b) Wine and cheese.
(c) Kosher food.
(d) Coffee and cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the evenings during the summer, which street do Asher and Jacob Kahn often walk on?
2. What method of creating art does Asher learn in Chapter 11?
3. While wandering alone through Manhattan, Asher visits whose art gallery?
4. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
5. In the Brooklyn Crucifixions, what structure forms the crucifix?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)