|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aryeh makes the statement that which type of people take art very seriously?
(a) Art critics.
(d) Newspaper writers.
2. In Chapter 9 when Aryeh comes home for a visit, how does he look?
(c) Old and tired.
3. What city does Jacob Kahn describe as a "gift"?
4. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
(b) Upper Manhattan.
(d) The Bronx.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Asher mention having for lunch regularly?
(a) Tea or Coke.
(c) A roast beef sandwich.
(d) Matzo and hardboiled eggs.
6. Who is Avraham Cutler's father?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Reuben Cutler.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
7. What type of refreshments do they have at Asher's last show?
(a) Coffee and cookies.
(c) Wine and cheese.
(d) Kosher food.
8. When the reviewers attack the Brooklyn Crucifixions, Anna Schaeffer calls them what name?
(a) Ignorant people.
9. Where do Asher's parents eat after the show?
(a) Their apartment.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Yitzchok Lev's house.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's store.
10. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(b) Anna Schaeffer.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Mrs. Rackover.
11. Where is Asher in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Coney Island.
(d) His street in Brooklyn.
12. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(a) The Berkshires.
(b) Myrtle Beach.
13. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
14. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(d) New York City.
15. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
(d) West Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
2. To whom is Jacob Kahn referring when he mentions the "old Spaniard"?
3. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
4. In Paris, Jacob Kahn worked with which famous artist?
5. Where does Asher have his first experience of painting a nude?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)