|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
(b) Portraits of people they know.
(c) Abstract impressionism.
2. Who is Avraham Cutler's father?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Reuben Cutler.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
3. In Chapter 14, Asher helps which person shovel snow?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Yudel Krinsky.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) Mrs. Rackover.
4. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
(a) The cinema.
(b) Picasso's studio.
(c) A kosher restaurant.
(d) The Moulin Rouge.
5. When the reviewers attack the Brooklyn Crucifixions, Anna Schaeffer calls them what name?
(a) Ignorant people.
6. When Asher falls asleep in class, the teacher makes fun of him by calling him which name?
(d) Sitra achra.
7. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
(b) New York City.
8. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
(b) The Bronx.
(d) Upper Manhattan.
9. Aryeh makes the statement that which type of people take art very seriously?
(b) Newspaper writers.
(c) Art critics.
10. Where does Asher fly with Jacob Kahn to see a Matisse exhibition?
11. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
(a) His beret.
(b) His tefillin.
(c) His designer t-shirts.
(d) His payos (earlocks).
12. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
13. What is the setting of the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Jacob Kahn's studio.
(b) The Berkshire Mountains.
(c) Asher's apartment in Europe.
(d) The Levs' apartment.
14. Which person from Asher's life in Brooklyn comes to visit him in Paris?
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Anna Schaeffer.
15. What type of artists did Jacob Kahn know in Paris?
(d) Abstract artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which university does Rivkeh teach Russian affairs?
2. In Chapter 14 when Asher cannot find his parents, where are they?
3. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
4. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
5. For how much do Asher's small paintings sell?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)