|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of artists did Jacob Kahn know in Paris?
(c) Abstract artists.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 12, Aryeh and Rivkeh share a private joke over which of Rivkeh's habits?
(a) Tapping her fingertips on the table.
(b) Biting her fingernails.
(c) Forgetting where she has laid her book.
(d) Waiting at windows.
3. What day is it when Asher and Aryeh have the discussion about blindness and about the technical language of the critics?
(a) Yom Kippur.
4. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
5. In the Brooklyn Crucifixions, what structure forms the crucifix?
(b) A tree.
(c) Telephone poles.
(d) A Venetian blind.
6. In Chapter 13, what does Asher mention having for lunch regularly?
(b) Tea or Coke.
(c) Matzo and hardboiled eggs.
(d) A roast beef sandwich.
7. Jacob Kahn states that all paintings fall into one of which two categories?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Geometry and a flower.
(c) Life and death.
(d) Impressionism and realism.
8. For how much do Asher's small paintings sell?
9. While wandering alone through Manhattan, Asher visits whose art gallery?
(a) Jacob Kahn's.
(c) Anna Schaeffer's.
(d) The Rebbe's.
10. In Paris, Jacob Kahn worked with which famous artist?
(b) Van Gogh.
11. Asher accuses Aryeh of being blind in which way?
12. To whom is Jacob Kahn referring when he mentions the "old Spaniard"?
(a) Don Quixote.
(c) Francisco Franco.
13. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
(a) His payos (earlocks).
(b) His tefillin.
(c) His beret.
(d) His designer t-shirts.
14. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
(c) The Rebbe's.
15. What does Jacob Kahn call the man who talks to them about the art market in Tokyo?
(c) A whore.
(d) A shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does the Rebbe encourage Asher to study in college?
2. In Chapter 14, Asher helps which person shovel snow?
3. In Chapter 10, which museum do Jacob Kahn and Asher visit together?
4. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
5. In Chapter 14, which character does Asher call to ask about his parents?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)