|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
(b) Oil paint.
2. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
(a) The Rebbe.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
3. Jacob Kahn wears what type of facial hair?
(a) A large mustache.
(b) A goatee.
(c) Mutton chops.
(d) A beard.
4. When Asher enters the Rebbe's office, what is the first question the Rebbe asks?
(a) "How are you?"
(b) "Is school going well?"
(c) "How is your father?"
(d) "How is your mother?"
5. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
(a) Orange juice.
(b) Hot chocolate.
(d) Cookies and milk.
6. What does the mashpia call Asher?
(c) Mr. Lev.
7. Asher sees strong similarities between the face of the mashpia and the face of which other character?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) The Rebbe.
8. The next time Asher visits that museum, he makes sketches of the paintings that portray which person?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 7, the mashpia informs Asher that which person wants to meet with him?
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) The Rebbe.
10. What are the Shabbos songs called?
(c) Krias shema.
11. Which museum do Rivkeh and Asher visit together?
(a) The Brooks Museum.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(c) The Brooklyn Museum.
(d) The Smithsonian.
12. Aryeh plans to open which type of school in various places throughout Europe?
(a) Mishnah centers.
(b) Jewish universities.
(c) Ladover yeshivos.
13. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(c) The angel Michael.
14. In her long weeks of studying and of waiting for Aryeh to return, Rivkeh picks up the habit of gnawing on what object?
(a) An eraser.
(b) A pencil.
(c) One of Asher's paintbrushes.
(d) A gingersnap.
15. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
(a) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college does Rivkeh enter?
2. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
3. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
4. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
5. In what language does Asher's school teach religion classes?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)