|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
(b) Orange juice.
(c) Scrambled eggs.
2. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
(a) Throwing darts.
(c) Playing tennis.
3. The Lev family doctor warns Asher about the lead in which color of paint?
(a) Flake white.
(b) Cadmium red.
4. In her long weeks of studying and of waiting for Aryeh to return, Rivkeh picks up the habit of gnawing on what object?
(a) A gingersnap.
(b) An eraser.
(c) A pencil.
(d) One of Asher's paintbrushes.
5. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The flame of a candle."
(b) "The universal element of fire."
(c) "The commandments of the Torah."
(d) "The master of the universe."
6. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
(a) Social studies.
(b) Ladover Hasidism.
(c) Jewish history.
(d) Russian language.
7. What are the Shabbos songs called?
(c) Krias shema.
8. What does the mashpia call Asher?
(a) Mr. Lev.
9. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
(a) A cigarette.
(c) Melted chocolate.
10. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) The mivkeh.
(c) The sitra achra.
(d) The synagogue.
11. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
(c) East Germany.
12. Who is the Rebbe's chief of staff?
(a) Rav Mendel Dorochoff.
(b) Reb Joseph Cutler.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) Jacob Kahn.
13. Which character does Asher meet in the store amidst many boxes of matzos?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Joseph Cutler.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) Jacob Kahn.
14. In Chapter 6 during class, Asher draws a picture in which book?
(a) His English book.
(b) A Torah.
(c) A Chumash.
(d) His math book.
15. In what language does Asher's school teach religion classes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
2. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
3. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
5. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)