|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) The mashpia.
2. By what name does the Lev family frequently call the Jewish God?
(c) Ribbono Shel Olom.
(d) Krias Shema.
3. The Rebbe gives Asher permission to follow which vocation?
4. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
(a) His brain.
(b) His heart.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His eyes.
5. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
(b) The Jewish bakers.
(c) The Jewish doctors.
(d) Everyone in debtors' prison.
6. What does the mashpia call Asher?
(a) Mr. Lev.
7. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
(a) Kosher baked goods.
8. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
(a) The fire station.
(b) The museum.
(c) The harbor.
(d) The bakery.
9. When Asher enters the Rebbe's office, what is the first question the Rebbe asks?
(a) "How are you?"
(b) "How is your mother?"
(c) "Is school going well?"
(d) "How is your father?"
10. When Rivkeh is worried for Aryeh's safety, to which relative does she cry out?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Yitzchok Lev.
11. Where does Asher live?
(a) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) Orange, New Jersey.
12. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
(c) Melted chocolate.
(d) A cigarette.
13. Jacob Kahn speaks with a slight accent from which country?
(a) South Africa.
14. Because Rivkeh must study at night, Asher develops the ability to sleep through the noise of what object?
15. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
2. Of whom does Asher frequently dream?
3. After completing her undergraduate degree, Rivkeh pursues a master's degree in which academic discipline?
4. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)