|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After looking at what was left on his chair in the Rebbe's waiting room, Asher draws a picture and dates it using which calendar style?
2. What are the Shabbos songs called?
(a) Krias shema.
3. In her long weeks of studying and of waiting for Aryeh to return, Rivkeh picks up the habit of gnawing on what object?
(a) A gingersnap.
(b) A pencil.
(c) An eraser.
(d) One of Asher's paintbrushes.
4. In Chapter 6 during class, Asher draws a picture in which book?
(a) A Torah.
(b) His English book.
(c) His math book.
(d) A Chumash.
5. In what language does Asher's school teach religion classes?
6. Who is the Rebbe's chief of staff?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) Rav Mendel Dorochoff.
(c) Reb Joseph Cutler.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
7. The Lev family doctor warns Asher about the lead in which color of paint?
(b) Cadmium red.
(c) Flake white.
8. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
(a) Krias Shema.
(b) Our Father.
(c) Psalm 23.
(d) Baruch Attah.
9. What does the mashpia call Asher?
(a) Mr. Lev.
10. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) German Jewish jewelers.
(b) Russian Jewish writers.
(c) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(d) Russian Jewish factory workers.
11. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) The Rebbe.
12. Aryeh and Asher wear what type of traditional hairstyle?
(b) Shaved head.
13. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(a) The New York Times.
(d) The Economist.
14. In the first paragraph of Chapter 3, Aryeh announces the death of which world leader?
15. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
2. Which painting does Jacob Kahn command Asher to study first?
3. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
4. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
5. After completing her undergraduate degree, Rivkeh pursues a master's degree in which academic discipline?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)