|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(b) The angel Michael.
(d) The Angel of Death.
2. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Economist.
3. When Rivkeh is worried for Aryeh's safety, to which relative does she cry out?
(b) Yitzchok Lev.
(c) Her mother.
4. After looking at what was left on his chair in the Rebbe's waiting room, Asher draws a picture and dates it using which calendar style?
5. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
(b) Throwing darts.
(d) Playing tennis.
6. The next time Asher visits that museum, he makes sketches of the paintings that portray which person?
7. Jacob Kahn wears what type of facial hair?
(a) A large mustache.
(b) A goatee.
(c) Mutton chops.
(d) A beard.
8. Who killed Aryeh's father?
(a) A peasant who was drunk.
(b) A rich Russian landowner.
(c) An American soldier.
9. Who stays in Brooklyn with Asher while Aryeh moves to Europe?
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
10. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
(b) Kosher baked goods.
11. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
(d) Orange, New Jersey.
12. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
13. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
(a) Eat a meal.
(b) Talk to the Rebbe about his work in Europe.
(c) Make phone calls to Europe.
(d) Listen to the Rebbe speak.
14. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
(c) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Orange juice.
15. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
(a) Krias Shema.
(b) Our Father.
(c) Psalm 23.
(d) Baruch Attah.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, the mashpia informs Asher that which person wants to meet with him?
2. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
3. What are the Shabbos songs called?
4. Aryeh and Asher wear what type of traditional hairstyle?
5. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)