|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Asher is waiting to see the Rebbe, the other man in the waiting room is doing what?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(b) Writing a letter.
(d) Studying Torah.
2. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(c) The angel Michael.
3. When Asher enters the Rebbe's office, what is the first question the Rebbe asks?
(a) "How are you?"
(b) "Is school going well?"
(c) "How is your father?"
(d) "How is your mother?"
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
5. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) His street.
(c) The New York area.
(d) The United States.
6. What type of work did Aryeh's father perform for the Rebbe's father?
7. Of all the drawings Asher makes for the mashpia, which person does he not draw?
(a) The Rebbe.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
8. The Rebbe gives Asher permission to follow which vocation?
9. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Asher draws a picture of the burning of which building?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The Parthenon.
(c) Alexandria's library.
(d) The Colosseum.
10. In Chapter 6, Asher remembers a conversation between himself as a toddler and Aryeh regarding which publication?
(a) The New York Times.
(c) The Enquirer.
(d) The Washington Post.
11. Where does Asher live?
(b) Orange, New Jersey.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
12. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
(d) The Hague.
13. The Lev family doctor warns Asher about the lead in which color of paint?
(a) Cadmium red.
(d) Flake white.
14. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) The Rebbe.
15. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
2. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
3. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
5. When Asher finishes his visit with the Rebbe, what is lying on his chair in the waiting room?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)