|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) The synagogues.
(b) Ladover yeshivos.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) The krias shema.
2. Who killed Aryeh's father?
(a) An American soldier.
(c) A peasant who was drunk.
(d) A rich Russian landowner.
3. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) Orange juice.
4. Besides learning art, what does Asher learn from Jacob Kahn in Chapter 10?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Reading French.
5. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
(c) West Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Asher draws a picture of the burning of which building?
3. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
4. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
5. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)