|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
(b) The Rebbe.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
2. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Russian Jewish writers.
(b) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(c) German Jewish jewelers.
(d) Russian Jewish factory workers.
3. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The master of the universe."
(b) "The commandments of the Torah."
(c) "The flame of a candle."
(d) "The universal element of fire."
4. How old is Aryeh at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(c) Mid forties.
5. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
(d) The Hague.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which European city does Asher decide to stay for a year or two?
2. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
3. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
4. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
5. Of all the drawings Asher makes for the mashpia, which person does he not draw?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)