|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
(a) Making hatpins.
(b) Fixing furnaces.
(c) Making brooches.
(d) Selling paper and paints.
2. Where do Asher and Avraham Cutler go in Montmartre?
(a) The Moulin Rouge.
(b) Picasso's studio.
(c) A kosher restaurant.
(d) The cinema.
3. Yudel Krinsky describes which place as "a city of cafes and waltzes"?
4. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
(a) An "eye drawing."
(b) A "hand drawing."
(c) A masterpiece.
(d) An innovation.
5. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 12, Aryeh and Rivkeh share a private joke over which of Rivkeh's habits?
2. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
3. For how much do Asher's small paintings sell?
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
5. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn encourages Asher to paint the full depth of his hatred for which person in his life?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)