|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
(b) Berkshire Mountains.
(c) Myrtle Beach.
2. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) Ladover yeshivos.
(b) The synagogues.
(c) The krias shema.
(d) The Rebbe.
3. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
4. In Chapter 12, Rivkeh asks Asher several times if what type of painting will appear in his shows?
(b) Abstract impressionism.
(d) Portraits of people they know.
5. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
2. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
3. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
4. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
5. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)