|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom does Asher frequently dream?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) His mythic ancestor.
2. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
(a) Chocolate pudding.
(c) Ice cream sundaes.
(d) Peanut butter cookies.
3. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
(a) His payos (earlocks).
(b) His beret.
(c) His tefillin.
(d) His designer t-shirts.
4. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
(a) The museum.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The harbor.
(d) The fire station.
5. Jacob Kahn describes Asher as "too religious" to be which type of artist?
(b) Abstract Expressionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
2. At the very end of Chapter 13, to which city does Asher travel?
3. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
4. Where does Asher move when Rivkeh goes to Europe to be with Aryeh?
5. In Chapter 14, Asher helps which person shovel snow?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)