|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which age does Jacob Kahn say he would like to live past?
2. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) His mythic ancestor.
3. To which artist does Yitzchok Lev compare Asher?
(b) Van Gogh.
4. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Economist.
5. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The master of the universe."
(b) "The commandments of the Torah."
(c) "The universal element of fire."
(d) "The flame of a candle."
Short Answer Questions
1. In her long weeks of studying and of waiting for Aryeh to return, Rivkeh picks up the habit of gnawing on what object?
2. Besides learning art, what does Asher learn from Jacob Kahn in Chapter 10?
3. On what day of the week does Asher visit Jacob Kahn?
4. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
5. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)