|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) The synagogues.
(c) Ladover yeshivos.
(d) The krias shema.
2. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Economist.
3. On what day of the week does Asher visit Jacob Kahn?
4. While at Jacob Kahn's vacation home, what type of bird does Asher watch and paint frequently?
5. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(c) The Berkshires.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
2. Jacob Kahn takes Asher to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at various paintings of which subject?
3. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
4. Asher Lev introduces himself as being the painter of which great painting?
5. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)