|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) Oil paints.
(b) A box of stationery.
(c) A notebook and a pencil.
(d) A pen.
2. Besides learning art, what does Asher learn from Jacob Kahn in Chapter 10?
(c) Reading French.
(d) Playing golf.
3. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(a) The Chumash.
(d) The Kiev Times.
4. Where does Asher have his first experience of painting a nude?
(a) In school.
(b) An art class at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(c) Jacob Kahn's studio.
(d) At home.
5. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Mesopotamians.
(c) The French.
(d) The Egyptians.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Asher enters the Rebbe's office, what is the first question the Rebbe asks?
2. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
3. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
4. Who killed Aryeh's father?
5. Which museum do Rivkeh and Asher visit together?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)