|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mashpia call Asher?
(a) Mr. Lev.
2. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
(b) Kosher baked goods.
3. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
(d) East Germany.
4. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
(c) Orange juice.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
5. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
(b) The Jewish bakers.
(c) The Jewish doctors.
(d) Everyone in debtors' prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
2. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
3. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
4. Asher Lev introduces himself as being the painter of which great painting?
5. Yudel Krinsky spent many years in which geographical region?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)