|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
(b) Stretched canvas.
(c) Charcoal pencils.
(d) Oil paints.
2. One art critic describes Asher's work as having a "menacing affinity" for what?
(a) "Chagallian excesses."
(b) The absurd.
(c) "Picassoid forms."
(d) The macabre.
3. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
(a) Listen to the Rebbe speak.
(b) Make phone calls to Europe.
(c) Eat a meal.
(d) Talk to the Rebbe about his work in Europe.
4. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
(a) Oils on canvas.
(c) Plaster of paris.
5. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
(a) A Social Security card.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) A passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
2. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
3. At the end of Chapter 6, three new Jewish families move to Asher's neighborhood from which country?
4. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
5. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)