|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacob Kahn states that all paintings fall into one of which two categories?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Geometry and a flower.
(c) Impressionism and realism.
(d) Life and death.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(b) The Jewish bakers.
(c) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
(d) The Jewish doctors.
3. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
(a) Anna Schaeffer.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Mrs. Rackover.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
4. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(a) The angel Michael.
(b) The Angel of Death.
5. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
(c) Oil paint.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn encourages Asher to paint the full depth of his hatred for which person in his life?
2. At Jacob Kahn's vacation home, in which part of the house does Asher live?
3. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
4. Because Rivkeh must study at night, Asher develops the ability to sleep through the noise of what object?
5. To which artist does Yitzchok Lev compare Asher?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)