|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacob Kahn speaks with a slight accent from which country?
(b) South Africa.
2. What does Jacob Kahn call the man who talks to them about the art market in Tokyo?
(c) A shark.
(d) A whore.
3. To which artist does Yitzchok Lev compare Asher?
(c) Van Gogh.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 12, Aryeh and Rivkeh share a private joke over which of Rivkeh's habits?
(a) Waiting at windows.
(b) Tapping her fingertips on the table.
(c) Biting her fingernails.
(d) Forgetting where she has laid her book.
5. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
(d) The Hague.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
2. How old is Aryeh at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
4. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
5. In Chapter 6, Asher remembers a conversation between himself as a toddler and Aryeh regarding which publication?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)