|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
(a) A piece of paper and a pen.
(b) A piece of canvas board and some paints.
(c) A notebook and a pencil.
(d) A chalkboard and some chalk.
2. While wandering alone through Manhattan, Asher visits whose art gallery?
(a) Anna Schaeffer's.
(b) The Rebbe's.
(c) Jacob Kahn's.
3. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
(b) Isaac Goldstein.
(c) Anna Schaeffer.
(d) The mayor of New York City.
4. Asher copies which painting as a gift for the classmate who teases him?
(a) The Mona Lisa.
(b) Michelangelo's Last Judgment.
(c) Van Gogh's Starry Night.
(d) Titian's The Sacrifice of Abraham.
5. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
(a) Jewish history.
(b) Russian language.
(c) Ladover Hasidism.
(d) Social studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
2. What instrument does the Rebbe use to make a loud noise on Rosh Hashonoh?
3. In Chapter 10, which museum do Jacob Kahn and Asher visit together?
4. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
5. Because Rivkeh must study at night, Asher develops the ability to sleep through the noise of what object?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)