|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
(a) A notebook and a pencil.
(b) A piece of canvas board and some paints.
(c) A chalkboard and some chalk.
(d) A piece of paper and a pen.
2. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
(a) The David.
(b) American Gothic.
(c) The Mona Lisa.
(d) The Sistine Chapel.
3. What college does Rivkeh enter?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Brooklyn College.
(c) Yeshiva College.
(d) New York University.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Asher draws a picture of the burning of which building?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) Alexandria's library.
(c) The Colosseum.
(d) The Parthenon.
5. When Rivkeh is worried for Aryeh's safety, to which relative does she cry out?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
2. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
3. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
4. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
5. Because Rivkeh must study at night, Asher develops the ability to sleep through the noise of what object?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)