|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, in order to please Aryeh, Asher begins to put energy into learning which two subjects?
(a) Torah and mathematics.
(b) Hebrew and zemiros.
(c) Talmud and Bible.
(d) English and Hebrew.
2. What does the mashpia call Asher?
(a) Mr. Lev.
3. In Chapter 6 during class, Asher draws a picture in which book?
(a) A Torah.
(b) A Chumash.
(c) His math book.
(d) His English book.
4. Asher Lev introduces himself as being the painter of which great painting?
(a) Brooklyn Crucifixion.
(b) Crucifixion at Dawn.
5. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
(a) His payos (earlocks).
(b) His tefillin.
(c) His beret.
(d) His designer t-shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
2. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
3. Jacob Kahn states that all paintings fall into one of which two categories?
4. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
5. On what day of the week does Asher visit Jacob Kahn?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)