|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Asher draws a picture of the burning of which building?
(a) The Colosseum.
(b) Alexandria's library.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Parthenon.
2. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
3. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(a) The Kiev Times.
(b) The Chumash.
4. According to the mashpia, which is the type of Jew who attains the greatest measure of righteousness?
(a) The Ladover Hasid.
(b) The tzaddik.
(c) The benoni.
(d) The rosho.
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
(c) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
2. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
3. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
4. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
5. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)