|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Asher move when Rivkeh goes to Europe to be with Aryeh?
(a) Jacob Kahn's apartment.
(b) Yitzchok Lev's house.
(c) Yudel Krinsky's house.
(d) Boarding school.
2. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
(a) Ribbono shel olom.
(b) Sitra achra.
(d) Krias shema.
3. What college does Rivkeh enter?
(a) New York University.
(b) Columbia University.
(c) Brooklyn College.
(d) Yeshiva College.
4. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
5. What instrument does the Rebbe use to make a loud noise on Rosh Hashonoh?
(a) A shofar.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A trombone.
(d) A tallis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
2. On what day of the week does Asher visit Jacob Kahn?
3. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
4. Yudel Krinsky describes which place as "a city of cafes and waltzes"?
5. In Chapter 9 when Aryeh comes home for a visit, how does he look?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)