|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does the Lev family frequently call the Jewish God?
(b) Ribbono Shel Olom.
(d) Krias Shema.
2. What type of hat does Yudel Krinsky wear?
(a) A fez.
(b) A toboggan.
(c) A yarmulke.
(d) A kaskett.
3. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(b) The Chumash.
(c) The Kiev Times.
4. Jacob Kahn describes Asher as "too religious" to be which type of artist?
(b) Abstract Expressionist.
5. What type of artists did Jacob Kahn know in Paris?
(a) Abstract artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
2. When Asher finishes his visit with the Rebbe, what is lying on his chair in the waiting room?
3. According to the mashpia, which is the type of Jew who attains the greatest measure of righteousness?
4. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
5. Asher sees strong similarities between the face of the mashpia and the face of which other character?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)