|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
(a) A notebook and a pencil.
(b) A piece of canvas board and some paints.
(c) A piece of paper and a pen.
(d) A chalkboard and some chalk.
2. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
(a) Making hatpins.
(b) Making brooches.
(c) Fixing furnaces.
(d) Selling paper and paints.
3. What does the mashpia call Asher?
(c) Mr. Lev.
4. By what name does the Lev family frequently call the Jewish God?
(b) Ribbono Shel Olom.
(d) Krias Shema.
5. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
(b) Upper Manhattan.
(c) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
2. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
3. Because Rivkeh must study at night, Asher develops the ability to sleep through the noise of what object?
4. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
5. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)