|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Asher draws a picture of the burning of which building?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The Parthenon.
(c) Alexandria's library.
(d) The Colosseum.
2. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
(a) Ladover Hasidism.
(b) Russian language.
(c) Social studies.
(d) Jewish history.
3. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
(a) The fire station.
(b) The harbor.
(c) The museum.
(d) The bakery.
4. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
(a) An innovation.
(b) A "hand drawing."
(c) A masterpiece.
(d) An "eye drawing."
5. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The master of the universe."
(b) "The universal element of fire."
(c) "The commandments of the Torah."
(d) "The flame of a candle."
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
2. In Chapter 6, Asher remembers a conversation between himself as a toddler and Aryeh regarding which publication?
3. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
4. Of all the drawings Asher makes for the mashpia, which person does he not draw?
5. In the first paragraph of Chapter 3, Aryeh announces the death of which world leader?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)