|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
(a) Talk to the Rebbe about his work in Europe.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Make phone calls to Europe.
(d) Listen to the Rebbe speak.
2. To which artist does Yitzchok Lev compare Asher?
(c) Van Gogh.
3. The Rebbe gives Asher permission to follow which vocation?
4. According to the mashpia, which is the type of Jew who attains the greatest measure of righteousness?
(a) The rosho.
(b) The benoni.
(c) The tzaddik.
(d) The Ladover Hasid.
5. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Asher's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mashpia call Asher?
2. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
3. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
4. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
5. What is Jacob Kahn's wife's name?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)