|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
(b) Plaster of paris.
(c) Oils on canvas.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) His mythic ancestor.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
3. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
(a) The mashpia.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
4. In Chapter 8, Aryeh disappears without a trace for a while, but in the beginning of Chapter 9, he sends Rivkeh and Asher a telegram from which city?
5. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn encourages Asher to paint the full depth of his hatred for which person in his life?
(b) A classmate.
Short Answer Questions
1. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
2. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
3. Which character does Asher meet in the store amidst many boxes of matzos?
4. Who killed Aryeh's father?
5. Yudel Krinsky spent many years in which geographical region?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)