|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asher copies which painting as a gift for the classmate who teases him?
(a) The Mona Lisa.
(b) Michelangelo's Last Judgment.
(c) Titian's The Sacrifice of Abraham.
(d) Van Gogh's Starry Night.
2. Because Rivkeh must study at night, Asher develops the ability to sleep through the noise of what object?
3. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
(a) The United States.
(b) His street.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The New York area.
4. Aryeh plans to open which type of school in various places throughout Europe?
(b) Jewish universities.
(c) Ladover yeshivos.
(d) Mishnah centers.
5. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
(a) Anna Schaeffer.
(b) The mayor of New York City.
(d) Isaac Goldstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
2. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
3. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
4. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
5. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)