|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
(c) His mythic ancestor.
(d) The Rebbe.
2. At the end of Chapter 6, three new Jewish families move to Asher's neighborhood from which country?
(c) East Germany.
3. What type of hat does Yudel Krinsky wear?
(a) A yarmulke.
(b) A toboggan.
(c) A fez.
(d) A kaskett.
4. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) A box of stationery.
(b) Oil paints.
(c) A notebook and a pencil.
(d) A pen.
5. While wandering alone through Manhattan, Asher visits whose art gallery?
(a) The Rebbe's.
(b) Anna Schaeffer's.
(c) Jacob Kahn's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
2. What is Jacob Kahn's wife's name?
3. Who stays in Brooklyn with Asher while Aryeh moves to Europe?
4. What instrument does the Rebbe use to make a loud noise on Rosh Hashonoh?
5. What is Yitzchok Lev's profession?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)