|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
(a) A piece of paper and a pen.
(b) A piece of canvas board and some paints.
(c) A notebook and a pencil.
(d) A chalkboard and some chalk.
2. Who is Simcha?
(a) A writer from Bucharest.
(b) A Jew from East Berlin.
(c) A Jew from Kiev.
(d) A painter from Brooklyn.
3. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
(b) His mythic ancestor.
(c) The Rebbe.
4. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Economist.
5. Where does Asher live?
(b) Orange, New Jersey.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did Aryeh's father perform for the Rebbe's father?
2. Of all the drawings Asher makes for the mashpia, which person does he not draw?
3. By what name does the Lev family frequently call the Jewish God?
4. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
5. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)