|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hat does Yudel Krinsky wear?
(a) A yarmulke.
(b) A kaskett.
(c) A toboggan.
(d) A fez.
2. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
(c) Asher's brother.
(d) The Rebbe.
3. In Chapter 6, Rivkeh brings Asher a significant gift of all the necessary items for which activity?
(a) Sketching in color.
(b) Blowing glass.
(d) Oil painting.
4. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) Mrs. Rackover.
5. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) A box of stationery.
(b) Oil paints.
(c) A notebook and a pencil.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did Aryeh's father perform for the Rebbe's father?
2. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
3. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
4. Who is Simcha?
5. Of whom does Asher frequently dream?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)