|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
(a) Psalm 23.
(b) Our Father.
(c) Krias Shema.
(d) Baruch Attah.
2. Which museum do Rivkeh and Asher visit together?
(a) The Brooklyn Museum.
(b) The Brooks Museum.
(c) The Smithsonian.
(d) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
3. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
(a) The Rebbe.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) The mashpia.
4. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
(b) East Germany.
5. When Rivkeh is worried for Aryeh's safety, to which relative does she cry out?
(b) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
2. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
3. What instrument does the Rebbe use to make a loud noise on Rosh Hashonoh?
4. By what name does the Lev family frequently call the Jewish God?
5. In her long weeks of studying and of waiting for Aryeh to return, Rivkeh picks up the habit of gnawing on what object?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)