|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
(a) His brain.
(b) His heart.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His eyes.
2. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) The Rebbe.
3. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) A Seder meal.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(d) Bagels and lox.
4. Of all the drawings Asher makes for the mashpia, which person does he not draw?
(a) The Rebbe.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) His mythic ancestor.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does the Rebbe use to make a loud noise on Rosh Hashonoh?
2. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
3. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
4. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
5. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)