|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
(a) Myrtle Beach.
(d) Berkshire Mountains.
2. In Chapter 6, Rivkeh brings Asher a significant gift of all the necessary items for which activity?
(a) Sketching in color.
(b) Oil painting.
(d) Blowing glass.
3. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) The Jewish bakers.
(b) The Jewish doctors.
(c) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
4. Where does Asher live?
(a) Orange, New Jersey.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
5. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(b) The Angel of Death.
(c) The angel Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
2. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
3. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
4. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
5. At the end of Chapter 6, three new Jewish families move to Asher's neighborhood from which country?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)