|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
2. Aryeh plans to open which type of school in various places throughout Europe?
(a) Mishnah centers.
(b) Ladover yeshivos.
(d) Jewish universities.
3. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
(a) The Rebbe.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
4. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
(b) Chocolate pudding.
(c) Peanut butter cookies.
(d) Ice cream sundaes.
5. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
(c) Myrtle Beach.
(d) Berkshire Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
2. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
3. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
4. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
5. In Chapter 6, Asher remembers a conversation between himself as a toddler and Aryeh regarding which publication?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)