|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Asher live?
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) Orange, New Jersey.
2. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
3. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
(a) Jewish history.
(b) Russian history and culture.
(c) Political science.
(d) International business.
4. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
(a) Our Father.
(b) Baruch Attah.
(c) Psalm 23.
(d) Krias Shema.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) His mythic ancestor.
(d) Jacob Kahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hat does Yudel Krinsky wear?
2. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
3. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
4. The Lev family doctor warns Asher about the lead in which color of paint?
5. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)