|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
(a) Social studies.
(b) Ladover Hasidism.
(c) Jewish history.
(d) Russian language.
2. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
(a) The Rebbe.
(d) His mythic ancestor.
3. Aryeh plans to open which type of school in various places throughout Europe?
(a) Jewish universities.
(b) Ladover yeshivos.
(d) Mishnah centers.
4. Yudel Krinsky describes which place as "a city of cafes and waltzes"?
5. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
(b) Cookies and milk.
(c) Hot chocolate.
(d) Orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
2. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
4. Of all the drawings Asher makes for the mashpia, which person does he not draw?
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)