|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The sitra achra.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) The mivkeh.
(d) The synagogue.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) His mythic ancestor.
(c) The Rebbe.
3. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(a) The Chumash.
(d) The Kiev Times.
4. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(b) The Angel of Death.
(d) The angel Michael.
5. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
(b) Oil paints.
(c) Stretched canvas.
(d) Charcoal pencils.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
2. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
3. Who is Simcha?
4. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
5. Asher Lev introduces himself as being the painter of which great painting?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)