|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Asher live?
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) Orange, New Jersey.
2. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
3. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
(a) A cigarette.
(c) Melted chocolate.
4. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) The synagogues.
(c) Ladover yeshivos.
(d) The krias shema.
5. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
2. Aryeh and Asher wear what type of traditional hairstyle?
3. Aryeh plans to open which type of school in various places throughout Europe?
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
5. Who stays in Brooklyn with Asher while Aryeh moves to Europe?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)