|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
(c) Yitzchok Lev's wife.
(d) Mrs. Rackover.
2. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
3. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
(a) Making hatpins.
(b) Fixing furnaces.
(c) Selling paper and paints.
(d) Making brooches.
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(b) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(c) German Jewish jewelers.
(d) Russian Jewish writers.
5. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) Oil paints.
(b) A notebook and a pencil.
(c) A box of stationery.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
2. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
3. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
4. What are the Shabbos songs called?
5. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)