|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
(b) Orange, New Jersey.
2. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(b) The New York Times.
(d) The Economist.
3. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
4. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
(c) Kosher baked goods.
5. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The mivkeh.
(b) The sitra achra.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) The synagogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
2. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
3. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
4. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
5. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)