|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(b) The Jewish bakers.
(c) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
(d) The Jewish doctors.
2. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
(a) Asher's brother.
(c) The Rebbe.
3. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
(a) Jewish history.
(b) Ladover Hasidism.
(c) Social studies.
(d) Russian language.
4. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The New York area.
(c) The United States.
(d) His street.
5. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
(a) Ribbono shel olom.
(c) Krias shema.
(d) Sitra achra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Asher draws a picture of the burning of which building?
3. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
4. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
5. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)