|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) A pen.
(b) A box of stationery.
(c) A notebook and a pencil.
(d) Oil paints.
2. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
(a) A passport.
(b) A Social Security card.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A plane ticket.
3. Aryeh and Asher wear what type of traditional hairstyle?
(b) Shaved head.
4. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
(b) The Rebbe.
(d) Asher's brother.
5. Aryeh plans to open which type of school in various places throughout Europe?
(a) Mishnah centers.
(c) Jewish universities.
(d) Ladover yeshivos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
2. Yudel Krinsky describes which place as "a city of cafes and waltzes"?
3. In Chapter 6, Asher begins to want to use which artistic medium and discovers that he cannot afford it?
4. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
5. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)