|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the drawings Asher makes for the mashpia, which person does he not draw?
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
2. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(a) The New York Times.
(c) The Economist.
3. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
4. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(b) Cookies and milk.
(c) A Seder meal.
(d) Bagels and lox.
5. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
(a) The United States.
(b) His street.
(c) The New York area.
(d) His bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 3, Aryeh announces the death of which world leader?
3. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
4. In Chapter 6 during class, Asher draws a picture in which book?
5. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)