|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(b) The Rebbe.
2. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
(b) Yitzchok Lev's wife.
(d) Mrs. Rackover.
3. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) Ladover yeshivos.
(b) The krias shema.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) The synagogues.
4. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) A passport.
(d) A Social Security card.
5. Asher sees strong similarities between the face of the mashpia and the face of which other character?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
(d) The Rebbe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
2. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
3. What is Yitzchok Lev's profession?
4. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
5. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)