|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aryeh plans to open which type of school in various places throughout Europe?
(b) Mishnah centers.
(c) Jewish universities.
(d) Ladover yeshivos.
2. Who killed Aryeh's father?
(a) An American soldier.
(c) A rich Russian landowner.
(d) A peasant who was drunk.
3. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
(a) Krias Shema.
(b) Baruch Attah.
(c) Our Father.
(d) Psalm 23.
4. Asher sees strong similarities between the face of the mashpia and the face of which other character?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
5. In Chapter 6, Asher begins to want to use which artistic medium and discovers that he cannot afford it?
(a) Chalk pastel.
(b) Oil paints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Shabbos songs called?
2. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
3. What does the mashpia call Asher?
4. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)