|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
(a) His street.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The United States.
(d) The New York area.
2. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
(a) Ribbono shel olom.
(c) Krias shema.
(d) Sitra achra.
3. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
(a) Melted chocolate.
(d) A cigarette.
4. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) Mrs. Rackover.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
5. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
2. Yudel Krinsky describes which place as "a city of cafes and waltzes"?
3. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
4. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
5. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)