|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aryeh plans to open which type of school in various places throughout Europe?
(a) Jewish universities.
(b) Mishnah centers.
(d) Ladover yeshivos.
2. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(b) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(c) Russian Jewish writers.
(d) German Jewish jewelers.
3. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
(a) His mythic ancestor.
(b) The Rebbe.
4. In Chapter 6, Asher begins to want to use which artistic medium and discovers that he cannot afford it?
(c) Chalk pastel.
(d) Oil paints.
5. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The fire station.
(c) The museum.
(d) The bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
2. In what language does Asher's school teach religion classes?
3. Aryeh and Asher wear what type of traditional hairstyle?
4. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
5. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)