|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) The Jewish doctors.
(b) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(c) The Jewish bakers.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
2. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Bagels and lox.
(b) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(c) Cookies and milk.
(d) A Seder meal.
3. What is Yitzchok Lev's profession?
4. Where does Asher live?
(b) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) Orange, New Jersey.
5. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
(a) The New York area.
(b) His street.
(c) The United States.
(d) His bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
2. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
3. Who is Simcha?
4. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
5. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)