|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) A plane ticket.
(c) A Social Security card.
(d) A passport.
2. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
(b) Orange, New Jersey.
3. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(c) A Seder meal.
(d) Bagels and lox.
4. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
(b) Ribbono shel olom.
(c) Krias shema.
(d) Sitra achra.
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) German Jewish jewelers.
(b) Russian Jewish writers.
(c) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(d) Russian Jewish factory workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
2. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
3. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
4. Yudel Krinsky spent many years in which geographical region?
5. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)