|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The mivkeh.
(b) The sitra achra.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) The synagogue.
2. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(a) The Kiev Times.
(b) The Chumash.
3. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) The mashpia.
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Russian Jewish writers.
(b) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(c) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(d) German Jewish jewelers.
5. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
(c) East Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
2. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
3. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
4. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
5. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)