|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) Bagels and lox.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(d) A Seder meal.
2. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
(a) Listen to the Rebbe speak.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Talk to the Rebbe about his work in Europe.
(d) Make phone calls to Europe.
3. Who killed Aryeh's father?
(a) A peasant who was drunk.
(c) An American soldier.
(d) A rich Russian landowner.
4. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
(a) Psalm 23.
(b) Krias Shema.
(c) Baruch Attah.
(d) Our Father.
5. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
(a) Orange juice.
(c) Scrambled eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
2. What college does Rivkeh enter?
3. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
4. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
5. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)