|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
(c) Oil paint.
2. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) A plane ticket.
(c) A Social Security card.
(d) A passport.
3. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(b) The angel Michael.
(c) The Angel of Death.
4. Yudel Krinsky spent many years in which geographical region?
(a) The Yukon.
(c) East Germany.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) The Rebbe.
(d) His mythic ancestor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
2. In what language does Asher's school teach religion classes?
3. Who is Simcha?
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
5. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)