|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
(b) Orange juice.
(c) Hot chocolate.
(d) Cookies and milk.
2. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
(c) Oil paint.
3. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) The Jewish doctors.
(b) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
(c) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(d) The Jewish bakers.
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(b) Russian Jewish writers.
(c) German Jewish jewelers.
(d) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
5. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
(a) Myrtle Beach.
(c) Berkshire Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
2. What type of hat does Yudel Krinsky wear?
3. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
4. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
5. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)