|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) A passport.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) A Social Security card.
2. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) The mivkeh.
(c) The synagogue.
(d) The sitra achra.
3. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(c) The angel Michael.
(d) The Angel of Death.
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 3, Aryeh announces the death of which world leader?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) His mythic ancestor.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) Jacob Kahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
2. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
3. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
4. What are the Shabbos songs called?
5. What type of hat does Yudel Krinsky wear?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)