|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) The synagogues.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) The krias shema.
(d) Ladover yeshivos.
2. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
(a) Sitra achra.
(b) Ribbono shel olom.
(d) Krias shema.
3. Who is Simcha?
(a) A Jew from Kiev.
(b) A writer from Bucharest.
(c) A painter from Brooklyn.
(d) A Jew from East Berlin.
4. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
(a) Making hatpins.
(b) Fixing furnaces.
(c) Making brooches.
(d) Selling paper and paints.
5. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
(a) Berkshire Mountains.
(c) Myrtle Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
2. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
3. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
4. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
5. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)