|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) Asher's brother.
2. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
(a) Orange juice.
(c) Scrambled eggs.
3. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
(a) Making brooches.
(b) Making hatpins.
(c) Fixing furnaces.
(d) Selling paper and paints.
4. Yudel Krinsky spent many years in which geographical region?
(a) East Germany.
(d) The Yukon.
5. To which artist does Yitzchok Lev compare Asher?
(a) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Aryeh's father?
2. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
3. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 3, Aryeh announces the death of which world leader?
5. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)