|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) A notebook and a pencil.
(b) A pen.
(c) Oil paints.
(d) A box of stationery.
2. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
3. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
(a) Melted chocolate.
(c) A cigarette.
4. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
(a) Mrs. Rackover.
(c) Yitzchok Lev's wife.
5. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
(a) The Rebbe.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
2. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
3. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
4. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
5. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)