|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
(b) Myrtle Beach.
(c) Berkshire Mountains.
2. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(a) The Chumash.
(d) The Kiev Times.
3. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Mrs. Rackover.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
4. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(b) Orange juice.
(d) Cookies and milk.
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(b) Russian Jewish writers.
(c) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(d) German Jewish jewelers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
2. What is Yitzchok Lev's profession?
3. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
4. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
5. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)