|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which artist does Yitzchok Lev compare Asher?
(c) Van Gogh.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) His mythic ancestor.
3. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) The Jewish doctors.
(b) The Jewish bakers.
(c) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
4. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
(b) The Hague.
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Russian Jewish writers.
(b) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(c) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(d) German Jewish jewelers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language does Asher's school teach religion classes?
2. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
3. Who is Simcha?
4. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
5. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)