|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yitzchok Lev's profession?
2. Who killed Aryeh's father?
(b) A peasant who was drunk.
(c) A rich Russian landowner.
(d) An American soldier.
3. Who is Simcha?
(a) A writer from Bucharest.
(b) A painter from Brooklyn.
(c) A Jew from Kiev.
(d) A Jew from East Berlin.
4. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) The krias shema.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) The synagogues.
(d) Ladover yeshivos.
5. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The sitra achra.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) The synagogue.
(d) The mivkeh.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
2. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
3. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
4. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
5. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)