|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
(a) Melted chocolate.
(d) A cigarette.
2. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Russian Jewish writers.
(b) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(c) German Jewish jewelers.
(d) Russian Jewish factory workers.
3. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
(a) Oil paint.
4. In the first paragraph of Chapter 3, Aryeh announces the death of which world leader?
5. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) A Seder meal.
(b) Bagels and lox.
(c) Cookies and milk.
(d) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
2. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
3. Of whom does Asher frequently dream?
4. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)