|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work did Aryeh's father perform for the Rebbe's father?
2. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) A Seder meal.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(d) Bagels and lox.
3. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
(a) Jewish history.
(b) International business.
(c) Russian history and culture.
(d) Political science.
4. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(b) Cookies and milk.
(c) Orange juice.
5. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
(b) Kosher baked goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
2. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
3. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
4. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
5. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)