|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
(a) The flu.
2. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Yitzchok Lev.
(c) Mrs. Rackover.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
3. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Russian Jewish writers.
(b) German Jewish jewelers.
(c) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(d) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
4. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) A notebook and a pencil.
(b) Oil paints.
(c) A pen.
(d) A box of stationery.
5. Which character does Asher meet in the store amidst many boxes of matzos?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Joseph Cutler.
(d) Jacob Kahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
2. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
3. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
4. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
5. What type of work did Aryeh's father perform for the Rebbe's father?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)