|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
2. What college does Rivkeh enter?
(a) New York University.
(b) Brooklyn College.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) Yeshiva College.
3. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) German Jewish jewelers.
(b) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(c) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(d) Russian Jewish writers.
4. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) A pen.
(b) Oil paints.
(c) A notebook and a pencil.
(d) A box of stationery.
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
2. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
3. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
4. What type of work did Aryeh's father perform for the Rebbe's father?
5. Yudel Krinsky spent many years in which geographical region?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)