|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
(a) Ladover Hasidism.
(b) Jewish history.
(c) Russian language.
(d) Social studies.
2. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
(a) Melted chocolate.
(b) A cigarette.
3. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) German Jewish jewelers.
(b) Russian Jewish writers.
(c) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(d) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
5. Asher Lev introduces himself as being the painter of which great painting?
(b) Brooklyn Crucifixion.
(c) Crucifixion at Dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Asher meet in the store amidst many boxes of matzos?
2. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
3. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
4. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
5. What college does Rivkeh enter?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)