|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
(a) The Rebbe.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
2. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
(a) Jewish history.
(b) Political science.
(c) International business.
(d) Russian history and culture.
3. What type of work did Aryeh's father perform for the Rebbe's father?
4. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
(a) Kosher baked goods.
5. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(b) The Angel of Death.
(d) The angel Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
2. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
3. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
4. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
5. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)