|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The synagogue.
(b) The mivkeh.
(c) The sitra achra.
(d) The mashpia.
2. To which artist does Yitzchok Lev compare Asher?
(d) Van Gogh.
3. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Yudel Krinsky.
4. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(d) The angel Michael.
5. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
(a) Yitzchok Lev's wife.
(b) Mrs. Rackover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
2. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
3. In what language does Asher's school teach religion classes?
4. What college does Rivkeh enter?
5. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)