|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
2. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(c) The Angel of Death.
(d) The angel Michael.
3. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(a) The Economist.
(d) The New York Times.
4. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
(a) Our Father.
(b) Baruch Attah.
(c) Krias Shema.
(d) Psalm 23.
5. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) A notebook and a pencil.
(b) A pen.
(c) Oil paints.
(d) A box of stationery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Asher meet in the store amidst many boxes of matzos?
2. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
3. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
4. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
5. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)