|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Economist.
2. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The synagogue.
(b) The sitra achra.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) The mivkeh.
3. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(b) Russian Jewish writers.
(c) German Jewish jewelers.
(d) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
4. To which artist does Yitzchok Lev compare Asher?
(d) Van Gogh.
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
2. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
3. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
5. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)