|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) Oil paints.
(b) A notebook and a pencil.
(c) A pen.
(d) A box of stationery.
2. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
(a) Krias Shema.
(b) Our Father.
(c) Psalm 23.
(d) Baruch Attah.
3. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
(a) Jewish history.
(b) International business.
(c) Political science.
(d) Russian history and culture.
4. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
(a) Ice cream sundaes.
(c) Peanut butter cookies.
(d) Chocolate pudding.
5. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(a) The New York Times.
(d) The Economist.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which artist does Yitzchok Lev compare Asher?
2. What is Yitzchok Lev's profession?
3. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
4. What type of hat does Yudel Krinsky wear?
5. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)