|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
(b) Hot chocolate.
(c) Cookies and milk.
(d) Orange juice.
2. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(b) The Angel of Death.
(d) The angel Michael.
3. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
(a) Ice cream sundaes.
(b) Peanut butter cookies.
(d) Chocolate pudding.
4. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
(d) East Germany.
5. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
(a) Mrs. Rackover.
(c) Yitzchok Lev's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
2. What is Yitzchok Lev's profession?
3. What type of hat does Yudel Krinsky wear?
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
5. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)