|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(b) The Jewish bakers.
(c) The Jewish doctors.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
2. In her long weeks of studying and of waiting for Aryeh to return, Rivkeh picks up the habit of gnawing on what object?
(a) An eraser.
(b) A gingersnap.
(c) One of Asher's paintbrushes.
(d) A pencil.
3. Who killed Aryeh's father?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) A rich Russian landowner.
(c) A peasant who was drunk.
4. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) Orange juice.
(c) Hot chocolate.
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky describes which place as "a city of cafes and waltzes"?
2. In the first paragraph of Chapter 3, Aryeh announces the death of which world leader?
3. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
4. Of whom does Asher frequently dream?
5. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)