|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After completing her undergraduate degree, Rivkeh pursues a master's degree in which academic discipline?
(a) Russian affairs.
(b) Religious studies.
(d) Jewish literature.
2. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
(d) The Berkshires.
3. Of whom does Asher frequently dream?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) His mythic ancestor.
4. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The master of the universe."
(b) "The flame of a candle."
(c) "The universal element of fire."
(d) "The commandments of the Torah."
5. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
(a) The Rebbe's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
2. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
3. After looking at what was left on his chair in the Rebbe's waiting room, Asher draws a picture and dates it using which calendar style?
4. What biblical book does Asher read on the holiday of Tisha b'Av?
5. Jacob Kahn wears what type of facial hair?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)