|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Jacob Kahn referring when he mentions the "old Spaniard"?
(a) Don Quixote.
(d) Francisco Franco.
2. In Chapter 6, Rivkeh brings Asher a significant gift of all the necessary items for which activity?
(a) Oil painting.
(c) Sketching in color.
(d) Blowing glass.
3. What does Jacob Kahn call the man who talks to them about the art market in Tokyo?
(b) A shark.
(c) A whore.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Asher draws a picture of the burning of which building?
(a) The Colosseum.
(b) The Parthenon.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) Alexandria's library.
5. After completing her undergraduate degree, Rivkeh pursues a master's degree in which academic discipline?
(a) Religious studies.
(c) Jewish literature.
(d) Russian affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
2. What is the title of the book Rivkeh's professor gives to Asher?
3. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
4. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
5. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)