|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) His mythic ancestor.
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) The Rebbe.
2. What type of work did Aryeh's father perform for the Rebbe's father?
3. Where does Jacob Kahn take Asher for the summer?
(b) The Berkshires.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
4. In Chapter 8, Aryeh disappears without a trace for a while, but in the beginning of Chapter 9, he sends Rivkeh and Asher a telegram from which city?
5. Who is Simcha?
(a) A Jew from East Berlin.
(b) A painter from Brooklyn.
(c) A Jew from Kiev.
(d) A writer from Bucharest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college does Asher plan to attend?
2. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
3. When Asher enters the Rebbe's office, what is the first question the Rebbe asks?
4. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
5. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)