|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her long weeks of studying and of waiting for Aryeh to return, Rivkeh picks up the habit of gnawing on what object?
(a) A gingersnap.
(b) An eraser.
(c) A pencil.
(d) One of Asher's paintbrushes.
2. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) A pen.
(b) A box of stationery.
(c) Oil paints.
(d) A notebook and a pencil.
3. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(b) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(c) German Jewish jewelers.
(d) Russian Jewish writers.
4. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
(a) Plaster of paris.
(c) Oils on canvas.
5. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(c) Bagels and lox.
(d) A Seder meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Asher copies which painting as a gift for the classmate who teases him?
2. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
3. In Chapter 6 during class, Asher draws a picture in which book?
4. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
5. What is Yitzchok Lev's profession?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)