|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom does Asher frequently dream?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) His mythic ancestor.
2. What is Jacob Kahn's wife's name?
3. Who killed Aryeh's father?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) A peasant who was drunk.
(c) A rich Russian landowner.
4. Jacob Kahn speaks with a slight accent from which country?
(a) South Africa.
5. Aryeh plans to open which type of school in various places throughout Europe?
(a) Ladover yeshivos.
(b) Jewish universities.
(d) Mishnah centers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky describes which place as "a city of cafes and waltzes"?
2. Asher accuses Aryeh of being blind in which way?
3. What type of artists did Jacob Kahn know in Paris?
4. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
5. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)