|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Mrs. Rackover.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
2. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
(b) Playing tennis.
(c) Throwing darts.
3. Jacob Kahn warns Asher not to become a whore due to which part of Asher's dress?
(a) His beret.
(b) His payos (earlocks).
(c) His designer t-shirts.
(d) His tefillin.
4. Who is Simcha?
(a) A Jew from East Berlin.
(b) A writer from Bucharest.
(c) A painter from Brooklyn.
(d) A Jew from Kiev.
5. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
(a) An innovation.
(b) A "hand drawing."
(c) An "eye drawing."
(d) A masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
2. In Chapter 9, Jacob Kahn travels to see an art show in which city?
3. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
4. How old is Aryeh at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. While at Jacob Kahn's vacation home, what type of bird does Asher watch and paint frequently?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)