|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
(a) Stretched canvas.
(b) Oil paints.
(c) Charcoal pencils.
2. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
(a) Krias shema.
(c) Ribbono shel olom.
(d) Sitra achra.
3. What day is it when Asher and Aryeh have the discussion about blindness and about the technical language of the critics?
(c) Yom Kippur.
4. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(b) The Angel of Death.
(d) The angel Michael.
5. What instrument does the Rebbe use to make a loud noise on Rosh Hashonoh?
(a) A shofar.
(b) A trombone.
(c) A tallis.
(d) A whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Aryeh and Rivkeh begin to make plans to move to which European city?
2. When Asher falls asleep in class, the teacher makes fun of him by calling him which name?
3. In Chapter 8, Aryeh disappears without a trace for a while, but in the beginning of Chapter 9, he sends Rivkeh and Asher a telegram from which city?
4. According to Asher, which group of people first painted nudes?
5. In Chapter 9 when Aryeh comes home for a visit, how does he look?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)