|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
2. What language does the Rebbe encourage Asher to study in college?
3. Where does Asher move when Rivkeh goes to Europe to be with Aryeh?
(a) Yitzchok Lev's house.
(b) Jacob Kahn's apartment.
(c) Boarding school.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's house.
4. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) The synagogues.
(b) The krias shema.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) Ladover yeshivos.
5. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
(b) The mayor of New York City.
(c) Isaac Goldstein.
(d) Anna Schaeffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
2. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
3. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
4. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
5. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)