|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) Orange juice.
(c) Hot chocolate.
2. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
3. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
(c) The flu.
4. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Mrs. Rackover.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
5. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
(a) Making brooches.
(b) Making hatpins.
(c) Selling paper and paints.
(d) Fixing furnaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
2. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
3. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
4. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
5. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)