|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
(b) Sitra achra.
(c) Ribbono shel olom.
(d) Krias shema.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(b) The Jewish bakers.
(c) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
(d) The Jewish doctors.
3. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The sitra achra.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) The synagogue.
(d) The mivkeh.
4. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
(a) The mashpia.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) The Rebbe.
5. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
(a) Social studies.
(b) Ladover Hasidism.
(c) Jewish history.
(d) Russian language.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
2. Who killed Aryeh's father?
3. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
5. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)