|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) The synagogue.
(c) The sitra achra.
(d) The mivkeh.
2. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
(a) The United States.
(b) The New York area.
(c) His street.
(d) His bedroom.
3. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
(b) Melted chocolate.
(c) A cigarette.
4. Aryeh plans to open which type of school in various places throughout Europe?
(a) Ladover yeshivos.
(b) Mishnah centers.
(c) Jewish universities.
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
2. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
3. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
4. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
5. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)