|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asher Lev introduces himself as being the painter of which great painting?
(c) Brooklyn Crucifixion.
(d) Crucifixion at Dawn.
2. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
(a) Eastern European yeshiva teachers.
(b) Russian Jewish factory workers.
(c) Russian Jewish writers.
(d) German Jewish jewelers.
3. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
(a) Ribbono shel olom.
(c) Sitra achra.
(d) Krias shema.
4. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) A Seder meal.
(b) Bagels and lox.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(d) Cookies and milk.
5. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
(a) The Economist.
(b) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
2. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
3. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
4. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
5. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)