|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first paragraph of Chapter 3, Aryeh announces the death of which world leader?
2. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
(a) Eat a meal.
(b) Listen to the Rebbe speak.
(c) Make phone calls to Europe.
(d) Talk to the Rebbe about his work in Europe.
3. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) His mythic ancestor.
4. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Orange juice.
5. Yudel Krinsky describes which place as "a city of cafes and waltzes"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
2. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
3. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
4. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)