|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) His mythic ancestor.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
2. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) Ladover yeshivos.
(b) The synagogues.
(c) The krias shema.
(d) The Rebbe.
3. Yudel Krinsky spent many years in which geographical region?
(c) The Yukon.
(d) East Germany.
4. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
(a) Kosher baked goods.
5. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
(a) Ice cream sundaes.
(b) Peanut butter cookies.
(c) Chocolate pudding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Simcha?
2. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
3. Which character does not want to leave Brooklyn to go to Europe?
4. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
5. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)