|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
2. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Orange juice.
3. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) The mashpia.
(d) The Rebbe.
4. Which character does Asher meet in the store amidst many boxes of matzos?
(a) Joseph Cutler.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) Jacob Kahn.
5. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) Yitzchok Lev.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character's unexpected death causes Rivkeh to fall into a serious depression?
2. Who killed Aryeh's father?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
4. To which artist does Yitzchok Lev compare Asher?
5. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)