|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) The mashpia.
2. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
(b) Cookies and milk.
(c) Orange juice.
(d) Hot chocolate.
3. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) Ladover yeshivos.
(b) The synagogues.
(c) The krias shema.
(d) The Rebbe.
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
(c) The flu.
5. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
(a) Throwing darts.
(c) Playing tennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
2. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
3. Yudel Krinsky describes which place as "a city of cafes and waltzes"?
4. Which character does Asher meet in the store amidst many boxes of matzos?
5. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)