|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dessert Asher wants the housekeeper to make?
(a) Peanut butter cookies.
(b) Ice cream sundaes.
(c) Chocolate pudding.
2. Who killed Aryeh's father?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) A peasant who was drunk.
(c) A rich Russian landowner.
3. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(b) The Kiev Times.
(d) The Chumash.
4. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
(a) Myrtle Beach.
(b) Berkshire Mountains.
5. At the end of Chapter 3, Asher unwittingly draws a picture in his notebook of whom?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) His mythic ancestor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aryeh and Asher wear what type of traditional hairstyle?
2. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
3. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
4. Who is Simcha?
5. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)