|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aryeh and Asher wear what type of traditional hairstyle?
(a) Shaved head.
2. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
3. What are the Shabbos songs called?
(a) Krias shema.
4. What job did Yudel Krinsky have in Russia?
(a) Making brooches.
(b) Selling paper and paints.
(c) Making hatpins.
(d) Fixing furnaces.
5. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) The Jewish bakers.
(b) The Jewish doctors.
(c) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Asher live?
2. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
3. What type of hat does Yudel Krinsky wear?
4. Which character leads services at the synagogue?
5. Which of the following publications does Aryeh NOT read?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)