|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
(a) Jewish history.
(b) Ladover Hasidism.
(c) Social studies.
(d) Russian language.
2. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) Mrs. Rackover.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
3. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His heart.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His brain.
4. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) Jacob Kahn.
5. What does the housekeeper feed Asher as a bedtime snack?
(b) Hot chocolate.
(c) Cookies and milk.
(d) Orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did Aryeh's father perform for the Rebbe's father?
2. What are the Shabbos songs called?
3. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
4. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)