|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
(a) Talk to the Rebbe about his work in Europe.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Make phone calls to Europe.
(d) Listen to the Rebbe speak.
2. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Bagels and lox.
(b) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(c) Cookies and milk.
(d) A Seder meal.
3. What is the prayer Asher recites before going to bed?
(a) Psalm 23.
(b) Krias Shema.
(c) Baruch Attah.
(d) Our Father.
4. In which academic discipline does Aryeh have a master's degree?
(a) Political science.
(b) Russian history and culture.
(c) International business.
(d) Jewish history.
5. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(b) Yudel Krinsky.
(c) Mrs. Rackover.
(d) The Rebbe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
2. Yudel Krinsky describes which place as "a city of cafes and waltzes"?
3. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
4. Where does Asher live?
5. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)