|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Asher live?
(a) Newark, New Jersey.
(c) Orange, New Jersey.
2. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
(a) A Social Security card.
(b) A plane ticket.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A passport.
3. What does Asher's father make every morning for breakfast?
(b) Orange juice.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
4. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
(a) Sitra achra.
(b) Ribbono shel olom.
(c) Krias shema.
5. Who takes care of the Lev family during Rivkeh's incapacitating depression?
(a) Mrs. Rackover.
(b) Yitzchok Lev's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Asher Lev introduces himself as being the painter of which great painting?
2. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
3. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
4. What is Yitzchok Lev's profession?
5. What language does Mrs. Rackover speak?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)