|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Asher live?
(a) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) Orange, New Jersey.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) The Jewish bakers.
(b) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
(c) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(d) The Jewish doctors.
3. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
(d) The flu.
4. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) The synagogue.
(c) The mivkeh.
(d) The sitra achra.
5. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
(d) Oil paint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
2. Asher Lev introduces himself as being the painter of which great painting?
3. After feeling unable to correctly tint the shadows of Rivkeh's cheek with a pencil, Asher uses what object to create the color of shadow?
4. Yudel Krinsky spent many years in which geographical region?
5. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)