|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After looking at what was left on his chair in the Rebbe's waiting room, Asher draws a picture and dates it using which calendar style?
2. In what language does Asher's school teach religion classes?
3. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) A Seder meal.
(b) Cookies and milk.
(c) Bagels and lox.
(d) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
4. While Asher is waiting to see the Rebbe, the other man in the waiting room is doing what?
(a) Studying Torah.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Reading a magazine.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) His mythic ancestor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
2. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
3. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
4. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
5. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)