|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
(d) West Berlin.
2. After looking at what was left on his chair in the Rebbe's waiting room, Asher draws a picture and dates it using which calendar style?
3. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
(a) A feel-good experience.
(b) A wife.
(c) A god.
(d) A religion.
4. What is the phrase used to describe the origin of things that are not holy or good?
(b) Ribbono shel olom.
(c) Krias shema.
(d) Sitra achra.
5. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(b) The Angel of Death.
(d) The angel Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
2. When Asher enters the Rebbe's office, what is the first question the Rebbe asks?
3. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
4. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
5. Who killed Aryeh's father?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)