|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) A Seder meal.
(b) Cookies and milk.
(c) Bagels and lox.
(d) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
2. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
3. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
(a) A Social Security card.
(b) A passport.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) A birth certificate.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, the mashpia informs Asher that which person wants to meet with him?
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
5. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
(a) Ladover Hasidism.
(b) Jewish history.
(c) Russian language.
(d) Social studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Aryeh's father?
2. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
3. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
4. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
5. In Chapter 6, Asher begins to want to use which artistic medium and discovers that he cannot afford it?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)