|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Asher finishes his visit with the Rebbe, what is lying on his chair in the waiting room?
(a) A small oil painting.
(b) A woodcarving.
(c) A folded pencil drawing.
(d) A letter.
2. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
(a) Orange, New Jersey.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) His mythic ancestor.
4. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(b) The Angel of Death.
(c) The angel Michael.
5. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
(a) The Mona Lisa.
(b) The David.
(c) American Gothic.
(d) The Sistine Chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
2. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
3. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
4. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
5. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)