|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
(a) A masterpiece.
(b) An "eye drawing."
(c) An innovation.
(d) A "hand drawing."
2. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
(a) The synagogue.
(b) The mashpia.
(c) The sitra achra.
(d) The mivkeh.
3. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) A Seder meal.
(b) Bagels and lox.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(d) Cookies and milk.
4. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
(a) The Mona Lisa.
(b) The David.
(c) The Sistine Chapel.
(d) American Gothic.
5. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(c) The angel Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Asher finishes his visit with the Rebbe, what is lying on his chair in the waiting room?
2. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
3. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, the mashpia informs Asher that which person wants to meet with him?
5. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)