|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
(a) Russian language.
(b) Ladover Hasidism.
(c) Jewish history.
(d) Social studies.
2. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
(a) Oils on canvas.
(b) Plaster of paris.
3. The Rebbe gives Asher permission to follow which vocation?
4. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
(a) Talk to the Rebbe about his work in Europe.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Listen to the Rebbe speak.
(d) Make phone calls to Europe.
5. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(a) The Kiev Times.
(b) The Chumash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
2. In Chapter 6, Asher begins to want to use which artistic medium and discovers that he cannot afford it?
3. When Asher finishes his visit with the Rebbe, what is lying on his chair in the waiting room?
4. Who is the Rebbe's chief of staff?
5. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)