|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Rebbe's chief of staff?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) Reb Joseph Cutler.
(d) Rav Mendel Dorochoff.
2. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
(a) The Sistine Chapel.
(b) The David.
(c) American Gothic.
(d) The Mona Lisa.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
(a) His mythic ancestor.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
4. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
(b) Anna Schaeffer.
(c) The mayor of New York City.
(d) Isaac Goldstein.
5. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) Yudel Krinsky.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) The mashpia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
2. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
3. In Chapter 6, Asher begins to want to use which artistic medium and discovers that he cannot afford it?
4. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
5. According to the mashpia, which is the type of Jew who attains the greatest measure of righteousness?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)