|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Asher finishes his visit with the Rebbe, what is lying on his chair in the waiting room?
(a) A small oil painting.
(b) A folded pencil drawing.
(c) A letter.
(d) A woodcarving.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, the mashpia informs Asher that which person wants to meet with him?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Yudel Krinsky.
(d) Jacob Kahn.
3. Asher sees strong similarities between the face of the mashpia and the face of which other character?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
4. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) The krias shema.
(c) Ladover yeshivos.
(d) The synagogues.
5. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
(a) Isaac Goldstein.
(b) The mayor of New York City.
(d) Anna Schaeffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
2. After looking at what was left on his chair in the Rebbe's waiting room, Asher draws a picture and dates it using which calendar style?
3. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
4. What is the title of the book Rivkeh's professor gives to Asher?
5. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)