|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
(b) His home neighborhood.
(c) A still life.
2. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) Yitzchok Lev.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
3. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
(a) A wife.
(b) A god.
(c) A religion.
(d) A feel-good experience.
4. Who killed Aryeh's father?
(b) A rich Russian landowner.
(c) An American soldier.
(d) A peasant who was drunk.
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lev family doctor warns Asher about the lead in which color of paint?
2. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
3. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
4. When Asher finishes his visit with the Rebbe, what is lying on his chair in the waiting room?
5. According to the mashpia, which is the type of Jew who attains the greatest measure of righteousness?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)