|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacob Kahn speaks with a slight accent from which country?
(b) South Africa.
2. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(d) The angel Michael.
3. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
(a) A notebook and a pencil.
(b) A piece of canvas board and some paints.
(c) A chalkboard and some chalk.
(d) A piece of paper and a pen.
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh's travel becomes hindered by a snowstorm, leaving him stranded in which city?
5. Asher sees strong similarities between the face of the mashpia and the face of which other character?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
2. In Paris, Jacob Kahn worked with which famous artist?
3. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
4. What is the title of the book Rivkeh's professor gives to Asher?
5. In which summer activity do Asher's parents never engage?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)