|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which painting does Jacob Kahn command Asher to study first?
(a) Munch's The Scream.
(b) Picasso's Guernica.
(c) Van Gogh's Starry Night.
(d) Chagall's Lovers in the Moonlight.
2. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
(a) A piece of paper and a pen.
(b) A notebook and a pencil.
(c) A piece of canvas board and some paints.
(d) A chalkboard and some chalk.
3. Yudel Krinsky begins to work in a store that sells what type of merchandise?
(a) Kosher baked goods.
4. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
(b) Charcoal pencils.
(c) Oil paints.
(d) Stretched canvas.
5. The Lev family doctor warns Asher about the lead in which color of paint?
(a) Cadmium red.
(c) Flake white.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Paris, Jacob Kahn worked with which famous artist?
2. On what subject matter does the mashpia teach?
3. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
4. Which person's picture is on the wall in every classroom at Asher's school?
5. When Asher enters the Rebbe's office, what is the first question the Rebbe asks?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)