|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the book Rivkeh's professor gives to Asher?
(a) Russian Art Through the Centuries.
(b) The Art Spirit.
(c) Great Jewish Artists.
(d) A Biography of Picasso.
2. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) Mrs. Rackover.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) The Rebbe.
3. According to the mashpia, which is the type of Jew who attains the greatest measure of righteousness?
(a) The tzaddik.
(b) The Ladover Hasid.
(c) The benoni.
(d) The rosho.
4. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(b) The Chumash.
(d) The Kiev Times.
5. While Asher is waiting to see the Rebbe, the other man in the waiting room is doing what?
(a) Studying Torah.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Reading a magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lev family doctor warns Asher about the lead in which color of paint?
2. Of all the drawings Asher makes for the mashpia, which person does he not draw?
3. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
4. Who is the Rebbe's chief of staff?
5. Where do Asher and his family spend their summers?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)