|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week does Asher visit Jacob Kahn?
2. The Rebbe gives Asher permission to follow which vocation?
3. Aryeh Lev is particularly concerned for the Jews of which country?
(c) East Germany.
4. Who stays in Brooklyn with Asher while Aryeh moves to Europe?
(a) The mashpia.
(c) Yitzchok Lev.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
5. In Chapter 2, when Asher begins to go to Yudel Krinsky's store for conversation, he feels that he has to buy something every time. What does he buy first?
(a) A notebook and a pencil.
(b) A pen.
(c) Oil paints.
(d) A box of stationery.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
2. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
3. What is the title of the book Rivkeh's professor gives to Asher?
4. Which painting does Jacob Kahn command Asher to study first?
5. Asher's first original creation in Jacob Kahn's studio is in what medium?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)