|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Asher draws a picture of the burning of which building?
(a) The Parthenon.
(b) The Colosseum.
(c) Alexandria's library.
(d) The Louvre.
2. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
(a) An "eye drawing."
(b) A masterpiece.
(c) An innovation.
(d) A "hand drawing."
3. Where did Jacob Kahn first meet Anna Schaeffer?
(b) West Berlin.
4. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The universal element of fire."
(b) "The commandments of the Torah."
(c) "The master of the universe."
(d) "The flame of a candle."
5. What objects does the mashpia provide in order to see Asher's gift?
(a) A chalkboard and some chalk.
(b) A piece of canvas board and some paints.
(c) A notebook and a pencil.
(d) A piece of paper and a pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacob Kahn compares his sculpting of Asher to which famous piece of art?
2. On what day of the week does Asher visit Jacob Kahn?
3. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
4. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
5. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)