|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does Asher's school teach religion classes?
2. In admiring Asher's first work of art in the Kahn studio, Jacob Kahn calls the work what?
(a) A "hand drawing."
(b) A masterpiece.
(c) An "eye drawing."
(d) An innovation.
3. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) A passport.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A Social Security card.
4. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Bagels and lox.
(b) A Seder meal.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(d) Cookies and milk.
5. In Chapter 8 while Jacob Kahn is beginning to teach Asher to be an artist, he draws a pen-and-ink drawing of what subject?
(b) His home neighborhood.
(d) A still life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Asher meet with Jacob Kahn for the first time?
2. In Chapter 2, Rivkeh tells Asher about the ancient, tragic event of the burning of what city's library?
3. Yudel Krinsky describes Siberia as the home of which being?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Asher draws a picture of the burning of which building?
5. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)