|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Rebbe gives Asher permission to follow which vocation?
2. In Chapter 6, Asher begins to want to use which artistic medium and discovers that he cannot afford it?
(a) Chalk pastel.
(c) Oil paints.
3. Where does Jacob Kahn live?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Upper Manhattan.
4. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
(a) Make phone calls to Europe.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Listen to the Rebbe speak.
(d) Talk to the Rebbe about his work in Europe.
5. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
(a) The Rebbe.
(b) Yitzchok Lev.
(c) Mrs. Rackover.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book Rivkeh's professor gives to Asher?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
3. Where does Asher go after school when Aryeh is out of town?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, the mashpia informs Asher that which person wants to meet with him?
5. In what language does the mashpia communicate with his students?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)