|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Asher steal in order to use the gift of his artistry?
(a) Stretched canvas.
(c) Oil paints.
(d) Charcoal pencils.
2. According to the mashpia, which is the type of Jew who attains the greatest measure of righteousness?
(a) The tzaddik.
(b) The Ladover Hasid.
(c) The rosho.
(d) The benoni.
3. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
(a) Make phone calls to Europe.
(b) Listen to the Rebbe speak.
(c) Eat a meal.
(d) Talk to the Rebbe about his work in Europe.
4. Whom does Asher meet for the first time when he enters Jacob Kahn's apartment?
(a) Anna Schaeffer.
(c) The mayor of New York City.
(d) Isaac Goldstein.
5. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The flame of a candle."
(b) "The commandments of the Torah."
(c) "The master of the universe."
(d) "The universal element of fire."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Aryeh becomes ill with what disease?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Asher draws a picture of the burning of which building?
3. The Lev family doctor warns Asher about the lead in which color of paint?
4. In Chapter 2, Aryeh is greatly disturbed at the brutal deaths of which group of people?
5. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)