|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacob Kahn wears what type of facial hair?
(a) Mutton chops.
(b) A goatee.
(c) A beard.
(d) A large mustache.
2. When Jacob Kahn is demanding that Asher consider a different vocation, he describes art as what?
(a) A god.
(b) A wife.
(c) A feel-good experience.
(d) A religion.
3. Who is the Rebbe's chief of staff?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) Yitzchok Lev.
(c) Reb Joseph Cutler.
(d) Rav Mendel Dorochoff.
4. On Shabbos afternoons, Aryeh returns to the synagogue alone in order to do what?
(a) Eat a meal.
(b) Listen to the Rebbe speak.
(c) Make phone calls to Europe.
(d) Talk to the Rebbe about his work in Europe.
5. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
(a) His heart.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lev family doctor warns Asher about the lead in which color of paint?
2. Who killed Aryeh's father?
3. Who does not come to the Lev home on Sundays, leaving Rivkeh and Asher to fix lunch for themselves?
4. In Chapter 6, Asher begins to want to use which artistic medium and discovers that he cannot afford it?
5. What is the place where Aryeh goes regularly to have a ritual bath?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)