|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Aryeh's father?
(a) An American soldier.
(c) A peasant who was drunk.
(d) A rich Russian landowner.
2. What language does the Rebbe encourage Asher to study in college?
3. Which painting does Jacob Kahn command Asher to study first?
(a) Chagall's Lovers in the Moonlight.
(b) Picasso's Guernica.
(c) Van Gogh's Starry Night.
(d) Munch's The Scream.
4. After looking at what was left on his chair in the Rebbe's waiting room, Asher draws a picture and dates it using which calendar style?
5. Asher requests to live with which character while Aryeh and Rivkeh are in Europe?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) Yitzchok Lev.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. One art critic describes Asher's work as having a "menacing affinity" for what?
2. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
3. What city does Jacob Kahn describe as a "gift"?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
5. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)