|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asher begins to experience his art more deeply when what part of him changes?
(a) His fingers.
(b) His heart.
(c) His brain.
(d) His eyes.
2. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The commandments of the Torah."
(b) "The master of the universe."
(c) "The flame of a candle."
(d) "The universal element of fire."
3. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) Everyone in debtors' prison.
(b) The Jewish bakers.
(c) The Jewish doctors.
(d) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
4. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) A Seder meal.
(b) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(c) Cookies and milk.
(d) Bagels and lox.
5. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
2. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
3. Who killed Aryeh's father?
4. What method of creating art does Asher learn in Chapter 11?
5. When Asher enters the Rebbe's office, what is the first question the Rebbe asks?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)