|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(b) Bagels and lox.
(c) A Seder meal.
(d) Cookies and milk.
2. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(a) The Chumash.
(d) The Kiev Times.
3. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The flame of a candle."
(b) "The commandments of the Torah."
(c) "The universal element of fire."
(d) "The master of the universe."
4. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
(a) Oil paint.
5. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
(a) Anna Schaeffer.
(b) Yitzchok Lev.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Mrs. Rackover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which painting does Jacob Kahn command Asher to study first?
2. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
3. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
4. Jacob Kahn wears what type of facial hair?
5. Who killed Aryeh's father?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)