|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The United States.
(c) The New York area.
(d) His street.
2. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
(c) The Rebbe's.
3. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
4. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
5. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
(a) Anna Schaeffer.
(b) Mrs. Rackover.
(c) The mashpia.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the mashpia, which is the type of Jew who attains the greatest measure of righteousness?
2. Which painting does Jacob Kahn command Asher to study first?
3. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
4. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
5. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)