|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One art critic describes Asher's work as having a "menacing affinity" for what?
(a) "Picassoid forms."
(b) The absurd.
(c) "Chagallian excesses."
(d) The macabre.
2. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) A Seder meal.
(b) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
(c) Bagels and lox.
(d) Cookies and milk.
3. Who is the Rebbe's chief of staff?
(a) Jacob Kahn.
(b) Rav Mendel Dorochoff.
(c) Reb Joseph Cutler.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, the mashpia informs Asher that which person wants to meet with him?
(b) Jacob Kahn.
(c) The Rebbe.
(d) Yudel Krinsky.
5. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
(b) The Rebbe's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
2. What city does Jacob Kahn describe as a "gift"?
3. What is Yitzchok Lev's wife's name?
4. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
5. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)