|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The universal element of fire."
(b) "The flame of a candle."
(c) "The master of the universe."
(d) "The commandments of the Torah."
2. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
(d) Oil paint.
3. One art critic describes Asher's work as having a "menacing affinity" for what?
(a) "Chagallian excesses."
(b) The absurd.
(c) "Picassoid forms."
(d) The macabre.
4. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
(b) The Berkshires.
5. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
(a) A passport.
(b) A Social Security card.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A plane ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
2. While Asher is waiting to see the Rebbe, the other man in the waiting room is doing what?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, the mashpia informs Asher that which person wants to meet with him?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)