|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After looking at what was left on his chair in the Rebbe's waiting room, Asher draws a picture and dates it using which calendar style?
2. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
3. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The flame of a candle."
(b) "The universal element of fire."
(c) "The commandments of the Torah."
(d) "The master of the universe."
4. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
(a) The New York area.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) His street.
(d) The United States.
5. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) The Jewish bakers.
(b) The Jewish doctors.
(c) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
(d) Everyone in debtors' prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
3. According to the mashpia, which is the type of Jew who attains the greatest measure of righteousness?
4. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
5. What method of creating art does Asher learn in Chapter 11?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)