|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One art critic describes Asher's work as having a "menacing affinity" for what?
(a) "Chagallian excesses."
(b) The absurd.
(c) "Picassoid forms."
(d) The macabre.
2. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
(a) Orange, New Jersey.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, the mashpia informs Asher that which person wants to meet with him?
(a) Yudel Krinsky.
(b) The Rebbe.
(c) Jacob Kahn.
4. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
(a) The mashpia.
(b) Mrs. Rackover.
(c) Anna Schaeffer.
(d) Yitzchok Lev.
5. Which subject shows up on Asher's schedule without his having requested it?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the show, Jacob Kahn tells Asher that he wishes he had whose "gall"?
2. Where do Asher and Jacob Kahn go to view a Van Gogh exhibit?
3. Jacob Kahn wears what type of facial hair?
4. Jacob Kahn speaks with a slight accent from which country?
5. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)