|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which college does Asher plan to attend?
(a) New York University.
(d) Brooklyn College.
2. According to the mashpia, Jewish souls are like what?
(a) "The flame of a candle."
(b) "The master of the universe."
(c) "The universal element of fire."
(d) "The commandments of the Torah."
3. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
(a) Orange, New Jersey.
4. The Ukrainian Jewish Communists published a newspaper called what?
(b) The Kiev Times.
(c) The Chumash.
5. In Chapter 11, Asher mentions that which character has passed away?
(a) Yitzchok Lev.
(b) Anna Schaeffer.
(c) Mrs. Rackover.
(d) The mashpia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Asher finishes his visit with the Rebbe, what is lying on his chair in the waiting room?
2. What method of creating art does Asher learn in Chapter 11?
3. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
4. While Asher is waiting to see the Rebbe, the other man in the waiting room is doing what?
5. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)