|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
2. In Chapter 4, when Asher goes to Yudel Krinsky to ask him about Russian Jewish history, what is Yudel eating?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) Bagels and lox.
(c) A Seder meal.
(d) Hard-boiled eggs and matzos.
3. What method of creating art does Asher learn in Chapter 11?
(a) Papier mache.
(b) Glass blowing.
4. What city does Jacob Kahn describe as a "gift"?
5. Jacob Kahn speaks with a slight accent from which country?
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
3. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
4. When Asher finishes his visit with the Rebbe, what is lying on his chair in the waiting room?
5. One art critic describes Asher's work as having a "menacing affinity" for what?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)