|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Asher finishes his visit with the Rebbe, what is lying on his chair in the waiting room?
(a) A small oil painting.
(b) A folded pencil drawing.
(c) A woodcarving.
(d) A letter.
2. Where does Asher insist on staying while his parents go to Europe?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The United States.
(c) The New York area.
(d) His street.
3. When Asher enters the Rebbe's office, what is the first question the Rebbe asks?
(a) "How is your mother?"
(b) "Is school going well?"
(c) "How is your father?"
(d) "How are you?"
4. Where does Asher's aunt Leah live?
(d) Orange, New Jersey.
5. At the end of Chapter 4, Asher hears that which Russian prisoners have been released?
(a) The Jewish doctors.
(b) Yudel Krinsky's coworkers.
(c) The Jewish bakers.
(d) Everyone in debtors' prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, which person does Asher draw repeatedly?
2. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
3. Jacob Kahn speaks with a slight accent from which country?
4. The Rebbe gives Asher permission to follow which vocation?
5. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)