|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After looking at what was left on his chair in the Rebbe's waiting room, Asher draws a picture and dates it using which calendar style?
2. According to the mashpia, which is the type of Jew who attains the greatest measure of righteousness?
(a) The benoni.
(b) The tzaddik.
(c) The Ladover Hasid.
(d) The rosho.
3. The Rebbe gives Asher permission to follow which vocation?
4. What is Yitzchok Lev's wife's name?
5. What maintained observant Judaism in Russia during the years before World War II?
(a) The synagogues.
(b) The krias shema.
(c) Ladover yeshivos.
(d) The Rebbe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Asher describes Jacob Kahn's show as which type of "affair"?
2. In order to go to Europe, Asher has to go downtown to obtain which type of document?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, the mashpia informs Asher that which person wants to meet with him?
4. In Chapter 11, where does Asher spend the month of July?
5. Yudel Krinsky shows Asher how to use a fixative to keep what artistic medium from rubbing off the paper?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)