|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Tiger at the bus stop in Saitter?
2. What does Aunt Dorie Kay ask Tiger to do?
3. At Aunt Dorie Kay's apartment, Tiger is impressed by the swimming pool and the __________________.
4. How did Tiger almost get hurt while in Baton Rouge?
5. What does Magnolia tell Tiger about Tiger's role in the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What solution does Aunt Dorie Kay offer to Tiger when Tiger is worried about how the Parker household will function after Aunt Dorie Kay goes home?
2. Why is Shorty so angry when Mrs. Thompson takes Lonnie's advice over his?
3. What does Aunt Dorie Kay advise Tiger regarding how she hurt Jesse and why regret is a negative thing?
4. What does Lonnie prove are his positive characteristics?
5. Who is Magnolia and what is her role in the story?
6. What does Aunt Dorie Kay explain to Tiger regarding the reason for Corrina's childlike mindset?
7. What changes has Aunt Dorie Kay made in her life to escape her past and what changes does she suggest for Tiger?
8. How does the author show that Tiger craves a sophisticated lifestyle but still has a lot to learn about living in the city?
9. How does Tiger demonstrate strength of character regarding Abby Lynn's opinions of her?
10. What happens between her parents that makes Tiger reconsider moving to Baton Rouge with Aunt Dorie Kay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Granny. What did she look like? What is her position in the family? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the lives of Tiger and Jesse Wade. How are their circumstances similar? In what ways are their lives different? What draws them together to make them friends? What could have threatened to kill a friendship even before it began?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Aunt Dorie Kay. What did she look like? What kind of life does she lead? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)