|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Jesse Wade apologize to Tiger?
2. Who is Aunt Dorie Kay's maid?
3. What is Aunt Dorie Kay's given name?
4. What name does Aunt Dorie Kay want Tiger to go by when in the city?
5. Which of the following does Aunt Dorie Kay NOT represent to Tiger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the allure for Tiger of moving to Baton Rouge to be with Aunt Dorie Kay?
2. What does Tiger note about racial prejudice when she is in town with Aunt Dorie Kay?
3. What does Aunt Dorie Kay explain to Tiger regarding the reason for Corrina's childlike mindset?
4. What does Tiger note regarding her grief for Granny and the hurt that Aunt Dorie Kay feels about her strained relationship with Granny?
5. What does Tiger learn about racial disparity when spending time with Magnolia?
6. How does the author show that Tiger craves a sophisticated lifestyle but still has a lot to learn about living in the city?
7. What does Tiger's reconciliation with Jesse indicate about Tiger?
8. What advice does Magnolia give to Tiger regarding Tiger's family?
9. What changes has Aunt Dorie Kay made in her life to escape her past and what changes does she suggest for Tiger?
10. Why does Aunt Dorie Kay feel so frustrated with Lonnie regarding household management and what arrangement does she make with Brother Dave to help the Parkers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Aunt Dorie Kay. What did she look like? What kind of life does she lead? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Lonnie Parker. What did he look like? What position does he have in the family? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)