|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unnerves Tiger at the apartment's swimming pool?
2. Who does Dorie Kay ask to take care of writing checks to pay the family's bills?
3. Where does Tiger go to get away from people after the funeral?
4. What is Aunt Dorie Kay's given name?
5. What does Lonnie suggest to Mrs. Thompson that they should do before the storm hits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Tiger's mixed feelings about going to Baton Rouge with Aunt Dorie Kay?
2. What solution does Aunt Dorie Kay offer to Tiger when Tiger is worried about how the Parker household will function after Aunt Dorie Kay goes home?
3. What does Aunt Dorie Kay advise Tiger regarding how she hurt Jesse and why regret is a negative thing?
4. What is the allure for Tiger of moving to Baton Rouge to be with Aunt Dorie Kay?
5. What is the scene at the Parker home when Tiger and Magnolia arrive?
6. What is Corrina's state of mind after Granny's death and what arrangements does Aunt Dorie Kay make for some immediate care?
7. What does Aunt Dorie Kay explain to Tiger regarding the reason for Corrina's childlike mindset?
8. What changes has Aunt Dorie Kay made in her life to escape her past and what changes does she suggest for Tiger?
9. What are Tiger's feelings about moving to Baton Rouge with Aunt Dorie Kay?
10. What does Tiger note about racial prejudice when she is in town with Aunt Dorie Kay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Aunt Dorie Kay. What did she look like? What kind of life does she lead? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Lonnie Parker. What did he look like? What position does he have in the family? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)