|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, Aunt Dorie Kay and Tiger washed dishes and danced to ___________________.
2. Where do Tiger and Jesse Wade have lunch together?
3. What unnerves Tiger at the apartment's swimming pool?
4. Which of the following does Aunt Dorie Kay NOT represent to Tiger?
5. Abby Lynn tells Tiger that Tiger's hair looks like _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What solution does Aunt Dorie Kay offer to Tiger when Tiger is worried about how the Parker household will function after Aunt Dorie Kay goes home?
2. To what does Tiger compare they way people in town treat her parents?
3. How does Tiger demonstrate strength of character regarding Abby Lynn's opinions of her?
4. Who is Magnolia and what is her role in the story?
5. Why is Shorty so angry when Mrs. Thompson takes Lonnie's advice over his?
6. Why does Aunt Dorie Kay feel so frustrated with Lonnie regarding household management and what arrangement does she make with Brother Dave to help the Parkers?
7. What does Aunt Dorie Kay explain to Tiger regarding the reason for Corrina's childlike mindset?
8. What is Corrina's state of mind after Granny's death and what arrangements does Aunt Dorie Kay make for some immediate care?
9. What happens between her parents that makes Tiger reconsider moving to Baton Rouge with Aunt Dorie Kay?
10. What does Lonnie prove are his positive characteristics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Corrina Parker. What did she look like? What is her family position? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in the American South during the 1950s. What precedents did these women feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? How were their lives significantly more difficult than the lives of 21st century women?
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Tiger learns from her father? Is it true that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Tiger always recall about her father from their experiences during her twelfth summer?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)