|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tiger learn about Corrina's childlike mental state?
2. What does Jesse Wade do when Tiger cries about the swimming party?
3. What does Mr. Thompson call his new type of camellia?
4. What does Tiger tell Jesse Wade that she is giving up?
5. Which one of Tiger's friends acts out to make Tiger laugh while she is working?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Abby Lynn and what does Corrina do at the gym that embarrasses Tiger in front of her?
2. How does Corrina behave more like a girl than a woman when spending the day with Tiger in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Tiger have conflicting feelings about Corrina?
4. What advice does Granny give to Tiger regarding her parents?
5. How does Aunt Dorie Kay behave that makes Tiger wish that she was her parent?
6. Why is Tiger doubly embarrassed when Corrina causes a scene in church?
7. Who is Jesse Wade Thompson and what does Tiger think of him?
8. What noble gesture does Jesse make regarding the swimming party and how does Tiger react to his trying to comfort her with a kiss?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing in Chapter 2 regarding the rain?
10. Who is Mr. Thompson and what is the prized project he is working on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Granny. What did she look like? What is her position in the family? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Tiger Ann Parker. What did she look like? How old is she? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)