|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tiger so upset when she learns where Jesse Wade is today?
2. Tiger cannot help but compare Mrs. Thompson's clean, crisp attire to Corrina's _________________.
3. Which of Tiger's friends does she play baseball with at the church picnic?
4. What slight injury does Corrina get at the picnic?
5. Why is Tiger irritated with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tiger embarrassed by her family members while in church in Chapter 2?
2. Which one of the Parker family members is most taken with the new television?
3. What noble gesture does Jesse make regarding the swimming party and how does Tiger react to his trying to comfort her with a kiss?
4. What does the television represent in the Parker household?
5. What gift does Aunt Dorie Kay have delivered for the Parker family, and how do the family members accept it?
6. What advice does Granny give to Tiger regarding her parents?
7. Why does Tiger think that Granny is preparing her for marriage?
8. Why is Tiger so frustrated with her father after Granny's death?
9. How does Aunt Dorie Kay behave that makes Tiger wish that she was her parent?
10. What is Tiger's relationship with Jesse Wade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lonnie Parker. What did he look like? What position does he have in the family? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply "My Louisiana Sky"? What is she trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Tiger Ann Parker. What did she look like? How old is she? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)