|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Tiger's friends does she play baseball with at the church picnic?
2. What does Granny tell Tiger about her parents?
3. What church does the family attend?
4. What does Corrina now do when Lonnie comes home from work?
5. What dish does Granny teach Tiger to make?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tiger doubly embarrassed when Corrina causes a scene in church?
2. Why is Tiger so frustrated with her father after Granny's death?
3. Who is Abby Lynn and what does Corrina do at the gym that embarrasses Tiger in front of her?
4. Why does Tiger think that Granny is preparing her for marriage?
5. What makes Tiger start to think about growing up and becoming a young woman?
6. What is the Parker family dynamic and what makes Tiger aware of some tension in the house?
7. What is the nature of Tiger and Corrina's relationship?
8. How does Tiger's behavior show that she is becoming more sensitive to the opinions of those outside her home?
9. What does Tiger learn about Abby Lynn's swimming party that makes her not being invited even more hurtful?
10. Which one of the Parker family members is most taken with the new television?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Need takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of the Parkers' needs? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)