|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corrina see next to Granny's body?
2. What has Tiger never seen but does not reveal that to Jesse Wade?
3. What does Tiger most admire about Aunt Dorie Kay?
4. How does Corrina embarrass Tiger at the school gym?
5. Who is Tiger's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Aunt Dorie Kay have delivered for the Parker family, and how do the family members accept it?
2. What negative characteristic is revealed about Abby Lynn's character regarding the swimming party?
3. What advice does Granny give to Tiger regarding her parents?
4. Why does Tiger have conflicting feelings about Corrina?
5. Who is Mr. Thompson and what is the prized project he is working on?
6. What are the circumstances of Granny's death and who finds her body?
7. Why is Tiger doubly embarrassed when Corrina causes a scene in church?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing in Chapter 2 regarding the rain?
9. How does Aunt Dorie Kay behave that makes Tiger wish that she was her parent?
10. Why is Tiger so frustrated with her father after Granny's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lonnie Parker. What did he look like? What position does he have in the family? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 2
Need takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of the Parkers' needs? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in "My Louisiana Sky". Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)