|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Aunt Dorie Kay want Tiger to go by when in the city?
2. What does Tiger see on the clothesline when she gets home?
(a) Bath towels.
(b) Her swimsuit.
(c) Corrina's nightgown.
3. Why does Tiger wash Corrina's hair when she gets home?
(a) Tiger just wants to pamper her mother a little.
(b) Corrina asked her for help.
(c) Corrina hasn't showered for days.
(d) Corrina has a cast on her arm and it has to stay dry.
4. Why does Dorie Kay send Magnolia to the Parkers' home for a few days?
(a) To help the family.
(b) To write the checks.
(c) To talk to Corrina about grief.
(d) To get some rest.
5. What do Lonnie and Tiger note about the Anders' cows as they pass by?
(a) They are all lying down.
(b) They are huddled in the middle of the field.
(c) They are walking in a straight line.
(d) They are walking alongside the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tiger find stuck in the mud as she walks home?
2. What does Lonnie suggest to Mrs. Thompson that they should do before the storm hits?
3. What is Tiger's demeanor during Granny's funeral?
4. Who meets Tiger at the bus stop in Saitter?
5. What is Corrina doing when Tiger and Lonnie leave for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Tiger's feelings about moving to Baton Rouge with Aunt Dorie Kay?
2. How does the author show that Tiger is becoming more emotionally discerning?
3. To what does Tiger compare they way people in town treat her parents?
4. What does Tiger note regarding her grief for Granny and the hurt that Aunt Dorie Kay feels about her strained relationship with Granny?
5. Why does Aunt Dorie Kay feel so frustrated with Lonnie regarding household management and what arrangement does she make with Brother Dave to help the Parkers?
6. Why is Shorty so angry when Mrs. Thompson takes Lonnie's advice over his?
7. What does Aunt Dorie Kay explain to Tiger regarding the reason for Corrina's childlike mindset?
8. What does Tiger learn about racial disparity when spending time with Magnolia?
9. What are Tiger's mixed feelings about going to Baton Rouge with Aunt Dorie Kay?
10. How does Tiger demonstrate strength of character regarding Abby Lynn's opinions of her?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)