|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abby Lynn view judgmentally when Tiger passes by?
(a) Tiger's dirty feet.
(b) Tiger's hand-me-down coat.
(c) Tiger's ill-fitting dress.
(d) Tiger's tightly curled hair.
2. What is the cause of Corrina's screaming?
(a) She scalded herself.
(b) She thought she saw a ghost.
(c) She is watching a horror movie.
(d) Granny has died.
3. What does Mr. Thompson call his new type of camellia?
(a) Louisiana Lady.
(b) Louisiana Lisette.
(c) Louisiana Belle.
(d) Fleur de Lis.
4. What does Jesse tell Tiger about Abby Lynn?
(a) She is moving to Chicago.
(b) She is going to Hawaii for vacation.
(c) She has a crush on Donald Johnson.
(d) She has a new swimming pool.
5. Why does Granny wake Tiger early in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) To pick peas.
(b) To pick strawberries.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To go to the dentist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesse Wade tell Tiger when he gets out of the car when she is walking home?
2. Who will handle Granny's funeral arrangements?
3. What is delivered to Tiger's house while her aunt is visiting?
4. What does Jesse Wade ask Tiger to do at lunchtime?
5. Corrina spends most of her days doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Abby Lynn and what does Corrina do at the gym that embarrasses Tiger in front of her?
2. What does the television represent in the Parker household?
3. What negative characteristic is revealed about Abby Lynn's character regarding the swimming party?
4. What noble gesture does Jesse make regarding the swimming party and how does Tiger react to his trying to comfort her with a kiss?
5. What is the premise of "My Louisiana Sky'?
6. How does the author show that Corrina is more like Tiger's sibling than her mother?
7. What gift does Aunt Dorie Kay have delivered for the Parker family, and how do the family members accept it?
8. How does Aunt Dorie Kay behave that makes Tiger wish that she was her parent?
9. How does Corrina behave more like a girl than a woman when spending the day with Tiger in Chapter 5?
10. What makes Tiger start to think about growing up and becoming a young woman?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)