|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesse Wade do when Tiger cries about the swimming party?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He tells her not to cry.
(d) He looks the other way.
2. What will Tiger have to do with any money she earns?
(a) Buy a bicycle.
(b) Buy hair ribbons.
(c) Buy a Mother's Day gift for Corrina.
(d) Pay Granny back for the lost chicks.
3. What is notable about Tiger's parents?
(a) They are mentally disabled.
(b) They have white blonde hair.
(c) They have green eyes.
(d) They are great singers.
4. How does Corrina embarrass Tiger at the school gym?
(a) She burps really loud.
(b) She trips when she tries to run.
(c) She calls out loudly for Tiger.
(d) She can't dribble a basketball.
5. What do neighbors bring to the house after Granny dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiger gets so embarrassed and angry at Corrina that she _____________________.
2. Why does Tiger decide to give up baseball?
3. Who is visiting with Granny when Tiger returns home in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Granny wake Tiger early in the morning in Chapter 4?
5. How old is the girl in #71?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Granny give to Tiger regarding her parents?
2. Who is Mr. Thompson and what is the prized project he is working on?
3. What does Tiger learn about Abby Lynn's swimming party that makes her not being invited even more hurtful?
4. What are the circumstances of Granny's death and who finds her body?
5. Who is Jesse Wade Thompson and what does Tiger think of him?
6. What work does Tiger do at the nursery, and how will she spend the money she earns?
7. How does Corrina behave more like a girl than a woman when spending the day with Tiger in Chapter 5?
8. Why is Tiger doubly embarrassed when Corrina causes a scene in church?
9. What is the Parker family dynamic and what makes Tiger aware of some tension in the house?
10. How does Tiger's behavior show that she is becoming more sensitive to the opinions of those outside her home?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)