|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorie Kay note about the dress in #86?
(a) It is faded but appropriate.
(b) It still has the tags on it.
(c) It has only been worn once.
(d) It is something Granny wanted.
2. Why does Dorie Kay send Magnolia to the Parkers' home for a few days?
(a) To talk to Corrina about grief.
(b) To help the family.
(c) To write the checks.
(d) To get some rest.
3. What does Aunt Dorie Kay try to teach Lonnie to do?
(a) Write checks.
(b) Make coffee.
(c) Wash clothes.
(d) Drive a car.
4. What does Tiger want to escape by going to Aunt Dorie Kay's for a little while?
(a) Jesse Wade trying to kiss her all the time.
(b) The embarrassment of her parents' condition.
(c) Her job at the nursery.
(d) Chores around the house.
5. What does Aunt Dorie Kay tell Tiger about why Corrina is mentally challenged?
(a) Corrina fell out of a tree while trying to rescue Dorie Kay.
(b) Corrina fell forward off of her bike while riding down a hill.
(c) Corrina nearly drowned in a pond and suffered brain damage.
(d) Corrina was born mentally retarded.
6. The person in #95 will write the checks in exchange for Lonnie doing what?
(a) Sweeping the office.
(b) Emptying the trash.
(c) Weeding the garden.
(d) Mowing the church lawn.
7. How did Tiger almost get hurt while in Baton Rouge?
(a) She ran across a busy street unaware of the traffic.
(b) She tripped over a sidewalk grate.
(c) She set the hair dryer too high.
(d) She fell down a set of stairs.
8. Tiger prepares for her first day of working at ___________________.
(a) the Dairy Queen.
(b) the A&P.
(c) the Thompson Nursery.
(d) Sarabeth's Collectibles Store.
9. What do Lonnie and Tiger note about the Anders' cows as they pass by?
(a) They are walking in a straight line.
(b) They are all lying down.
(c) They are huddled in the middle of the field.
(d) They are walking alongside the road.
10. What does Tiger feel about moving away from Saitter?
(a) Frightened to change schools.
(b) Honored to be chosen.
(c) Hesitant to live in a big city.
(d) Guilty because of her parents.
11. What is Aunt Dorie Kay's response when Tiger asks her if she has a boyfriend?
(a) She is in love with an unavailable man.
(b) She can pay her bills on her own without a husband.
(c) There is someone she has her eye on.
(d) She just broke up with her boyfriend.
12. What does Magnolia question Tiger about as she gets ready for work?
(a) Why she wants to wear pink pants to work.
(b) Why Tiger would leave a loving home to live with Dorie Kay.
(c) Why there are no cleaning supplies in the house.
(d) Why she was so mean to Jesse Wade.
13. What noise starts suddenly and startles the family?
(a) A fierce thunderstorm.
(c) Gunshots down the street.
(d) Hundreds of birds outside the house.
14. At Aunt Dorie Kay's apartment, Tiger is impressed by the swimming pool and the __________________.
(d) exercise room.
15. Where will Magnolia be staying during her time in Saitter?
(a) A Holiday Inn.
(b) The Parker home.
(c) The colored quarters.
(d) Brother Dave's rectory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tiger yell at Jesse Wade when he finds her?
2. Where do Tiger and Jesse Wade have lunch together?
3. Shorty and Milton mock Lonnie when he tells Mrs. Thompson that ____________________.
4. Corrina has not showered for __________________.
5. What is Corrina doing when Tiger and Lonnie come home from work in Chapter 17?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)