|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tiger almost get hurt while in Baton Rouge?
(a) She fell down a set of stairs.
(b) She ran across a busy street unaware of the traffic.
(c) She set the hair dryer too high.
(d) She tripped over a sidewalk grate.
2. Where will Magnolia be staying during her time in Saitter?
(a) The Parker home.
(b) Brother Dave's rectory.
(c) A Holiday Inn.
(d) The colored quarters.
3. Where does Aunt Dorie Kay take Tiger for a treat?
(a) The movies.
(b) A dress shop.
(c) An amusement park.
(d) The Dairy Queen.
4. What does Lonnie suggest to Mrs. Thompson that they should do before the storm hits?
(a) Bring the camellias inside.
(b) Cover the azaleas.
(c) Close all the windows in the house.
(d) Bring in the deck chairs.
5. What does Tiger tell Aunt Dorie Kay about Jesse Wade's kissing her?
(a) She thinks he was too sloppy.
(b) She hopes he never tries that again.
(c) She feels bad about yelling at him.
(d) She can't wait to kiss him again.
6. Where does Tiger go to get away from people after the funeral?
(a) The woods.
(b) The creek.
(c) The barn.
(d) Her bedroom.
7. Where does Magnolia ask Lonnie to take her?
(a) To the bus station.
(b) To her quarters.
(c) To church.
(d) To the grocery.
8. Who is Magnolia?
(a) Dorie Kay's maid.
(b) A restaurant owner.
(c) A hair stylist.
(d) Granny's oldest friend.
9. What does Tiger notice about the soda shop?
(a) It is closed.
(b) Everyone in it has white skin.
(c) It is bright and gleaming.
(d) It is very crowded.
10. Shorty and Milton mock Lonnie when he tells Mrs. Thompson that ____________________.
(a) he once drove a race car.
(b) he was a champion wrestler.
(c) a storm is coming.
(d) he can hold his breath for four minutes.
11. What is Corrina doing when Tiger and Lonnie come home from work in Chapter 17?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Peeling potatoes.
12. Why does Tiger wash Corrina's hair when she gets home?
(a) Tiger just wants to pamper her mother a little.
(b) Corrina has a cast on her arm and it has to stay dry.
(c) Corrina hasn't showered for days.
(d) Corrina asked her for help.
13. How does Tiger feel about her plan to move to Baton Rouge?
14. Where had Tiger gone before getting her hair cut in Baton Rouge?
(a) The dime store.
(b) The Post Office.
(c) The hardware store.
(d) The drug store.
15. Which of the following does Aunt Dorie Kay NOT represent to Tiger?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Jesse Wade apologize to Tiger?
2. What does Tiger see on the clothesline when she gets home?
3. What does Dorie Kay note about the dress in #86?
4. What do Lonnie and Tiger work on at the nursery?
5. Who accompanies Tiger back to Saitter?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)