|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three items does Tiger leave hanging on the clothesline?
(b) Pillow cases.
(c) Bath towels.
(d) Swim suits.
2. What does Tiger want to escape by going to Aunt Dorie Kay's for a little while?
(a) Jesse Wade trying to kiss her all the time.
(b) Her job at the nursery.
(c) The embarrassment of her parents' condition.
(d) Chores around the house.
3. Why does Tiger yell at Jesse Wade when he finds her?
(a) He tried to kiss her again.
(b) He got mud on her new dress.
(c) He brings up Granny's name.
(d) He was so quiet that he scared her.
4. Who are the two nursery workers who make fun of Lonnie?
(a) Shorty and Milton.
(b) Spud and Mack.
(c) Sammy and Milton.
(d) Shorty and Mack.
5. Aunt Dorie Kay takes Tiger shopping for ___________________.
(b) new clothes.
6. What does Lonnie suggest to Mrs. Thompson that they should do before the storm hits?
(a) Close all the windows in the house.
(b) Bring the camellias inside.
(c) Bring in the deck chairs.
(d) Cover the azaleas.
7. Where does Tiger go to get away from people after the funeral?
(a) The barn.
(b) The creek.
(c) The woods.
(d) Her bedroom.
8. Where do Tiger and Jesse Wade have lunch together?
(a) Under an oak tree.
(b) At McDonald's.
(c) At a park.
(d) By the creek.
9. Why does Tiger wash Corrina's hair when she gets home?
(a) Corrina hasn't showered for days.
(b) Tiger just wants to pamper her mother a little.
(c) Corrina asked her for help.
(d) Corrina has a cast on her arm and it has to stay dry.
10. Where is Corrina when Tiger returns home?
(a) In bed.
(b) At the grocery.
(c) Watching TV.
(d) Picking peas.
11. Who calls to offer Tiger a job?
(a) Mr. Thompson.
(b) Rev. Wilson.
(c) Mrs. Greenaway.
(d) Mr. Palmer.
12. Why does Tiger have a difficult time sleeping that night?
(a) The birds are making too much noise.
(b) She can't stop thinking about Granny.
(c) It is very hot and humid.
(d) The thunderstorm keeps her awake.
13. What is Aunt Dorie Kay's given name?
14. What does Dorie Kay note about the dress in #86?
(a) It still has the tags on it.
(b) It is faded but appropriate.
(c) It is something Granny wanted.
(d) It has only been worn once.
15. What does Tiger tell Aunt Dorie Kay about Jesse Wade's kissing her?
(a) She hopes he never tries that again.
(b) She thinks he was too sloppy.
(c) She feels bad about yelling at him.
(d) She can't wait to kiss him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abby Lynn tells Tiger that Tiger's hair looks like _________________.
2. Where does Magnolia ask Lonnie to take her?
3. What is the furthest town Tiger has ever been away from her home?
4. What does Tiger find stuck in the mud as she walks home?
5. What does Tiger contemplate as she and Aunt Dorie Kay drive?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)