|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Magnolia be staying during her time in Saitter?
(a) The colored quarters.
(b) Brother Dave's rectory.
(c) The Parker home.
(d) A Holiday Inn.
2. Why does Magnolia not sit next to Tiger on the bus?
(a) Black people had to sit at the back of the bus.
(b) She got motion sickness if she sat too close to the front.
(c) There were no double seats left.
(d) She wanted her own seat to spread out on.
3. What noise starts suddenly and startles the family?
(a) A fierce thunderstorm.
(b) Gunshots down the street.
(c) Hundreds of birds outside the house.
4. What does Tiger find stuck in the mud as she walks home?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A calf.
(c) A car.
(d) A truck.
5. What does Aunt Dorie Kay try to teach Lonnie to do?
(a) Write checks.
(b) Wash clothes.
(c) Make coffee.
(d) Drive a car.
6. What does Aunt Dorie Kay not want Tiger to have to worry about?
(a) Paying bills.
(b) Working in the garden.
(c) Fixing meals.
(d) Cleaning the house.
7. What does Magnolia question Tiger about as she gets ready for work?
(a) Why she was so mean to Jesse Wade.
(b) Why she wants to wear pink pants to work.
(c) Why Tiger would leave a loving home to live with Dorie Kay.
(d) Why there are no cleaning supplies in the house.
8. What does Dorie Kay note about the dress in #86?
(a) It still has the tags on it.
(b) It has only been worn once.
(c) It is faded but appropriate.
(d) It is something Granny wanted.
9. What does Tiger feel about moving away from Saitter?
(a) Guilty because of her parents.
(b) Honored to be chosen.
(c) Frightened to change schools.
(d) Hesitant to live in a big city.
10. The person in #95 will write the checks in exchange for Lonnie doing what?
(a) Mowing the church lawn.
(b) Weeding the garden.
(c) Sweeping the office.
(d) Emptying the trash.
11. What three items does Tiger leave hanging on the clothesline?
(a) Bath towels.
(c) Pillow cases.
(d) Swim suits.
12. What unnerves Tiger at the apartment's swimming pool?
(a) She is afraid of the deep end of the pool.
(b) Someone whistles at her.
(c) She can't dive like she used to.
(d) Someone almost drowned.
13. What do Lonnie and Tiger work on at the nursery?
(a) The strawberry plants.
(b) The Louisiana Lady Camellia flowers.
(c) The rosemary topiaries.
(d) The Phaleonopsis orchids.
14. Why does Tiger wash Corrina's hair when she gets home?
(a) Corrina has a cast on her arm and it has to stay dry.
(b) Corrina hasn't showered for days.
(c) Tiger just wants to pamper her mother a little.
(d) Corrina asked her for help.
15. Who accompanies Tiger back to Saitter?
(a) Miss Eula.
(b) Aunt Dorie Kay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Tiger and Jesse Wade have lunch together?
2. What does Aunt Dorie Kay tell Tiger about Corrina?
3. Where does Magnolia ask Lonnie to take her?
4. Who meets Tiger at the bus stop in Saitter?
5. Tiger tells the beautician that she wants a hairstyle like whose?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)