|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Granny sewing when Tiger returns home?
(a) A tablecloth.
(b) A dress for Corrina.
(c) Aprons for herself.
(d) A dress for Tiger.
2. What will Tiger have to do with any money she earns?
(a) Buy a bicycle.
(b) Pay Granny back for the lost chicks.
(c) Buy hair ribbons.
(d) Buy a Mother's Day gift for Corrina.
3. What is Tiger hoping will arrive in the mail each day?
(a) Her subscription to American Girl magazine.
(b) A vacation postcard from Jesse Wade.
(c) A letter from Aunt Dorie Kay.
(d) An invitation to Abby Lynn's swimming party.
4. Tiger gets so embarrassed and angry at Corrina that she _____________________.
(a) wants to run away.
(b) refuses to speak to Corrina.
(c) yells at Corrina.
(d) wishes for a different mother.
5. What does Tiger tell Jesse Wade that she is giving up?
(d) Chocolate cake.
6. What does Corrina see next to Granny's body?
(a) A snake.
(b) A spatula.
(c) A syringe.
(d) A shovel.
7. Tiger sees Abby Lynn and a few girls in town and follows them to _________________.
(a) the school gym.
(b) the church bake sale.
(c) the Dairy Queen.
(d) the dime store.
8. What does Jesse Wade do when Tiger cries about the swimming party?
(a) He looks the other way.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He tells her not to cry.
9. Why does Granny wake Tiger early in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) To pick peas.
(b) To go to the dentist.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To pick strawberries.
10. Which one of Tiger's friends acts out to make Tiger laugh while she is working?
(a) Jesse Wade.
(b) Abby Lynn.
(c) Kenny Mac.
(d) Sam Justice.
11. What does Granny tell Tiger about her parents?
(a) They are silly.
(b) They are very kind.
(c) They are conniving.
(d) They are just different.
12. What does Tiger do with Granny do at the church picnic?
(a) Make sandwiches.
(b) Sits on a quilt.
(c) Squeeze lemons for lemonade.
(d) Serve pies.
13. Which of Tiger's friends does she play baseball with at the church picnic?
(a) Jimmy Wion.
(b) Jack Weimer.
(c) Jesse Wade.
(d) James Winters.
14. What church does the family attend?
15. Corrina spends most of her days doing what?
(a) Reading comic books.
(b) Riding a bike.
(d) Watching television.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most popular girl in Tiger's town?
2. What slight injury does Corrina get at the picnic?
3. Tiger's relationship with Corrina is like they were ____________________.
4. In what state does Tiger live?
5. Where does Jesse Wade's mother tell Tiger that Jesse Wade is when Tiger arrives at the Thompson house?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)