|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore does Granny assign Corrina and Tiger to at home?
(a) Fixing supper.
(b) Weeding the garden.
(d) Dusting and vacuuming.
2. How does Lonnie respond to the TV?
(a) He is bored by it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He can take it or leave it.
(d) He is fascinated by it.
3. Who will handle Granny's funeral arrangements?
(a) Mr. Thompson.
(d) Aunt Dorie Kay.
4. How many children does J.T. Webster have?
5. What will Tiger have to do with any money she earns?
(a) Buy a Mother's Day gift for Corrina.
(b) Buy a bicycle.
(c) Pay Granny back for the lost chicks.
(d) Buy hair ribbons.
6. What is Tiger doing the next day when she hears Corrina scream?
(a) Shucking corn.
(b) Milking cows.
(c) Picking blueberries.
(d) Feeding chickens.
7. Why does Tiger think that Jesse Wade is spoiled?
(a) He doesn't have to do chores.
(b) He gets a new bike every Summer.
(c) He goes to Major League Baseball games.
(d) He goes to Florida for Christmas.
8. Tiger cannot help but compare Mrs. Thompson's clean, crisp attire to Corrina's _________________.
(a) torn tennis shoes.
(b) dirty pants.
(c) faded dress.
9. Why does Granny wake Tiger early in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) To pick strawberries.
(b) To pick peas.
(c) To go to the dentist.
(d) To go to school.
10. What slight injury does Corrina get at the picnic?
(a) A paper cut.
(b) A sunburn.
(c) A splinter.
(d) A scraped knee.
11. What is Tiger's last name?
12. What is Tiger hoping will arrive in the mail each day?
(a) An invitation to Abby Lynn's swimming party.
(b) A letter from Aunt Dorie Kay.
(c) Her subscription to American Girl magazine.
(d) A vacation postcard from Jesse Wade.
13. What does Tiger wish for desperately at this point in time?
(a) A family move to a big city.
(b) An invitation to Abby Lynn's pool party.
(c) A shiny red bike.
(d) A new pink party dress.
14. What are the rumors in town about the girl in #49?
(a) She lets boys kiss her.
(b) She has black people in her family.
(c) Her father abuses her.
(d) She will have a good inheritance one day.
15. What does Corrina do in church that causes the whole congregation to laugh?
(a) Gets the hiccups.
(b) Trips going up the aisle?
(c) Keeps singing after the music stops.
(d) Loudly calls attention to Granny's snoring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Corrinna and Tiger walk to later in the day?
2. After how long does Tiger realize that the item in #61 is not going to arrive?
3. With whom does Tiger live?
4. Who is Tiger's best friend?
5. What does Jesse Wade tell Tiger when he gets out of the car when she is walking home?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)