|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Granny, Corrina and Tiger do at Thompson Nursery?
(a) Plant flower seeds.
(b) Pick weeds.
(c) Water flowers.
(d) Pick peas.
2. Who is Tiger's mother?
3. Tiger sees Abby Lynn and a few girls in town and follows them to _________________.
(a) the school gym.
(b) the church bake sale.
(c) the dime store.
(d) the Dairy Queen.
4. What dish does Granny teach Tiger to make?
(a) Fried Chicken.
(b) Peach Cobbler.
(c) Chicken and Dumplings.
(d) Sweet Tea.
5. What does Jesse Wade do when Tiger cries about the swimming party?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He looks the other way.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He tells her not to cry.
6. Who is the doctor who helps remove Granny's body from the house?
(a) Dr. Jenkins.
(b) Dr. Randall.
(c) Dr. Randolph.
(d) Dr. Hall.
7. Tiger cannot help but compare Mrs. Thompson's clean, crisp attire to Corrina's _________________.
(b) torn tennis shoes.
(c) faded dress.
(d) dirty pants.
8. What does Tiger wish for desperately at this point in time?
(a) A shiny red bike.
(b) A new pink party dress.
(c) An invitation to Abby Lynn's pool party.
(d) A family move to a big city.
9. Which of Tiger's friends does she play baseball with at the church picnic?
(a) Jesse Wade.
(b) Jimmy Wion.
(c) James Winters.
(d) Jack Weimer.
10. Where do Corrinna and Tiger walk to later in the day?
(a) The IGA grocery.
(b) The Dairy Queen.
(c) The school bookmobile.
(d) The church bake sale.
11. How many children does J.T. Webster have?
12. How old is the girl in #71?
13. How is Tiger different from her parents?
(a) She has really big feet.
(b) She is very tall.
(c) She cannot sing a note.
(d) She is very intelligent.
14. What is delivered to Tiger's house while her aunt is visiting?
(a) New dinette set.
(b) A television.
(c) Gardening tools.
(d) Living room furniture.
15. What is Tiger doing the next day when she hears Corrina scream?
(a) Milking cows.
(b) Shucking corn.
(c) Picking blueberries.
(d) Feeding chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tiger's favorite game?
2. Why does Tiger decide to give up baseball?
3. What is the cause of Corrina's screaming?
4. How does Corrina embarrass Tiger at the school gym?
5. What does Jesse Wade tell Tiger when he gets out of the car when she is walking home?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)