|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Granny, Corrina and Tiger do at Thompson Nursery?
(a) Pick weeds.
(b) Plant flower seeds.
(c) Water flowers.
(d) Pick peas.
2. What is notable about Tiger's parents?
(a) They have white blonde hair.
(b) They are mentally disabled.
(c) They have green eyes.
(d) They are great singers.
3. Why does Tiger think that Jesse Wade is spoiled?
(a) He goes to Major League Baseball games.
(b) He gets a new bike every Summer.
(c) He doesn't have to do chores.
(d) He goes to Florida for Christmas.
4. What escapes on the farm because a gate was left open?
(b) Baby chicks.
5. What dish does Granny teach Tiger to make?
(a) Fried Chicken.
(b) Chicken and Dumplings.
(c) Sweet Tea.
(d) Peach Cobbler.
6. With whom does Tiger live?
(c) Great Aunt.
7. How is Tiger different from her parents?
(a) She has really big feet.
(b) She cannot sing a note.
(c) She is very tall.
(d) She is very intelligent.
8. What does Jesse Wade tell Tiger when he gets out of the car when she is walking home?
(a) He left the swimming party early because he was getting sunburned.
(b) He did not go to the swimming party because Tiger wasn't invited.
(c) He left the swimming party early because there were no other boys there.
(d) He left the swimming party early because Tiger wasn't there.
9. What does Jesse Wade do while the women pick peas?
(a) Relaxes on the porch swing.
(b) Reads comic books.
(c) Goes to town for candy and gum.
(d) Rides his bike.
10. What does Abby Lynn view judgmentally when Tiger passes by?
(a) Tiger's tightly curled hair.
(b) Tiger's hand-me-down coat.
(c) Tiger's dirty feet.
(d) Tiger's ill-fitting dress.
11. What are the rumors in town about the girl in #49?
(a) Her father abuses her.
(b) She has black people in her family.
(c) She will have a good inheritance one day.
(d) She lets boys kiss her.
12. Tiger's relationship with Corrina is like they were ____________________.
13. Why does Tiger go to Jesse Wade's house?
(a) To see if he wants to ride bikes into town.
(b) To see if he wants to camp out.
(c) To see if he wants to come for supper.
(d) To see if he wants to swim at the creek.
14. What do neighbors bring to the house after Granny dies?
15. What does Corrina see next to Granny's body?
(a) A spatula.
(b) A syringe.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl in #71?
2. What does Tiger tell Jesse Wade that she is giving up?
3. Where do Corrinna and Tiger walk to later in the day?
4. Which of Tiger's friends has a cast on her arm?
5. Who is Corrina's aunt?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)