|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tiger's last name?
2. Which of Tiger's friends does she play baseball with at the church picnic?
(a) James Winters.
(b) Jack Weimer.
(c) Jimmy Wion.
(d) Jesse Wade.
3. What is Granny sewing when Tiger returns home?
(a) Aprons for herself.
(b) A dress for Tiger.
(c) A tablecloth.
(d) A dress for Corrina.
4. Tiger overhears Abby Lynn talking about ___________________.
(a) a bonfire.
(b) a swimming party.
(c) a birthday party.
(d) a Christmas party.
5. How many children does J.T. Webster have?
6. In what state does Tiger live?
7. How does Lonnie respond to the TV?
(a) He is fascinated by it.
(b) He can take it or leave it.
(c) He is bored by it.
(d) He hates it.
8. Who is the most popular girl in Tiger's town?
(a) Andrea Louise.
(b) Anne Marie.
(c) Abby Lynn.
(d) Abigail Suzanne.
9. What does Corrina do in church that causes the whole congregation to laugh?
(a) Loudly calls attention to Granny's snoring.
(b) Keeps singing after the music stops.
(c) Gets the hiccups.
(d) Trips going up the aisle?
10. What does Tiger wish for desperately at this point in time?
(a) A family move to a big city.
(b) An invitation to Abby Lynn's pool party.
(c) A new pink party dress.
(d) A shiny red bike.
11. What does Jesse Wade do while the women pick peas?
(a) Reads comic books.
(b) Relaxes on the porch swing.
(c) Rides his bike.
(d) Goes to town for candy and gum.
12. Tiger sees Abby Lynn and a few girls in town and follows them to _________________.
(a) the church bake sale.
(b) the dime store.
(c) the Dairy Queen.
(d) the school gym.
13. What contest has Tiger won for the past five years?
(a) Spelling Bee.
(b) Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest.
(c) Pie Eating Contest.
(d) Sack Race.
14. Why does Tiger decide to give up baseball?
(a) To help Granny more at the house.
(b) To play soccer instead.
(c) To impress Abby Lynn.
(d) To spend more time reading.
15. What slight injury does Corrina get at the picnic?
(a) A scraped knee.
(b) A sunburn.
(c) A splinter.
(d) A paper cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tiger think that Jesse Wade is spoiled?
2. Which one of Tiger's friends acts out to make Tiger laugh while she is working?
3. What does Corrina now do when Lonnie comes home from work?
4. What is Tiger's middle name?
5. Why does Tiger go to Jesse Wade's house?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)