• Dorie Kay Parker visits her family in the small Louisiana town of Saitter.
• During Dorie Kay's visit, a new television is delivered to the Parkers and her twelve-year-old niece, Tiger, realizes that Aunt Dorie Kay has purchased the TV for the family.
• Tiger and her parents, Lonnie and Corrina, are thrilled with the new TV but Granny is critical.
• Tiger notices that Granny, Dorie Kay and Corrina's mother is always critical of Dorie Kay and it makes Dorie Kay sad.
• Granny, Tiger, Corrina and Lonnie attend a Baptist church service where Corrina says "Amen" too loudly, causing the prettiest girl in town, Abby Lynn, to laugh.
• At the same service, Corrina loudly whispers to Tiger that Granny is snoring, causing the whole congregation to laugh.
• Tiger's parents are both "slow" while Tiger is intelligent, causing her embarrassment in public and frustration at home.
• At a picnic...
This section contains 2,310 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)