|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals did Jane explore on the island?
2. Why couldn't Jane go to Gombe Park immediately?
3. Who was the first guide that Jane went with to find chimps?
4. Why did Goodall prefer Rashidi to Adolf?
5. What language other than English could Derek speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what are Goodall's future plans?
2. How did Goodall meet David Greybeard?
3. What does Goodall say she has appreciated about her life so far?
4. What did Goodall do on her first day in Gombe Park?
5. What traumatic experience did Goodall and her students go through in 1975?
6. Describe Jane's routine after the first few months?
7. Describe Goodall's new husband Derek Bryceson?
8. How did Goodall work to get the chimps accustomed to her?
9. What did Flo teach Goodall about female chimps?
10. What did Goodall discover about the chimps by observing from the peak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did World War II affect Jane and her family? What does Jane's being sent to Germany by her mother after the war say about Jane's upbringing?
Essay Topic 2
What regrets does Jane have about life? What pleases Jane about how she lived her life? What can you learn about life from reading Goodall's biography?
Essay Topic 3
What events in Jane's life contributed to her decision to study chimpanzees? Why do you think she chose to study chimpanzees over other animals?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)