|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Goodall's opinion of Adolf?
2. What is the name of the nearest town to Gombe?
3. Why does Jane think Figan made a good alpha male?
4. What is the name of the lake Jane and her mother explored?
5. Who was the first guide that Jane went with to find chimps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Goodall discover about the chimps by observing from the peak?
2. How did Goodall's mother help the local community?
3. How did Derek help Goodall open doors in the community?
4. What does Goodall say about alpha males in this section?
5. What does Goodall say she has appreciated about her life so far?
6. In Chapter 8, what are Goodall's future plans?
7. What did Goodall do on her first day in Gombe Park?
8. Why does Goodall say Flint became sick?
9. What does Goodall say she finds interesting about hyenas?
10. How did Goodall cope with studying animals while raising a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events in Jane's life contributed to her decision to study chimpanzees? Why do you think she chose to study chimpanzees over other animals?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the differences between the formats of a novel and an autobiography. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 3
What are Jane's opinions on the following topics: apartheid, animal testing, and zoos?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)