|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Jane borrow a boat from in Chapter 5?
2. Where did Jane study for her Ph.D?
3. What language other than English could Derek speak?
4. What kind of animal was Kip?
5. Whom does Goodall say she spends time with in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what are Goodall's future plans?
2. Why did Goodall change her guide for Rashidi?
3. Describe Goodall's new husband Derek Bryceson?
4. What does Goodall say she has appreciated about her life so far?
5. In what way does Goodall's life become more complicated at the end of this section?
6. What traumatic experience did Goodall and her students go through in 1975?
7. What did Goodall learn from David Greybeard?
8. What did Flo teach Goodall about female chimps?
9. How did Derek help Goodall open doors in the community?
10. How did Goodall meet David Greybeard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made Goodall a good ethologist? What did Goodall have to learn to become a successful ethologist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the differences between the formats of a novel and an autobiography. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 3
What is ethology? What famous ethologists have there been? What did they contribute to the field of study? Why has Jane made such a good ethologist?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)