|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jane spend most of her time doing in London?
2. In which section of the London Zoo did Goodall work?
3. What was Goodall's opinion of Adolf?
4. In which country did Goodall get married in Chapter 7?
5. What major event happened in 1967 that affected Goodall profoundly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Goodall meet David Greybeard?
2. How does Goodall describe the red gold buck she sees?
3. What does Goodall say about alpha males in this section?
4. What did Goodall learn from David Greybeard?
5. In what way does Goodall's life become more complicated at the end of this section?
6. What does Goodall say she finds interesting about hyenas?
7. Describe Goodall's new husband Derek Bryceson?
8. How does have little money affect the expedition?
9. How did Derek help Goodall open doors in the community?
10. What does Goodall say she has appreciated about her life so far?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What new discoveries did Jane make about chimps? Why were chimps not properly researched before? Why are Jane's discoveries so important?
Essay Topic 2
What is ethology? What famous ethologists have there been? What did they contribute to the field of study? Why has Jane made such a good ethologist?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jane say she is concerned about the welfare of chimps? How does she think humans can help to preserve the chimp species?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)