|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What was the name of Goodall's first husband?
3. When does Jane say the chimps gather together in more than groups of six?
4. Who visits Goodall from England in Chapter 5?
5. Hugo van Lawick made documentaries for __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goodall say she finds interesting about hyenas?
2. How did Goodall's mother help the local community?
3. How did Derek help Goodall open doors in the community?
4. How does Goodall currently live her life?
5. What did Goodall discover about the chimps by observing from the peak?
6. What traumatic experience did Goodall and her students go through in 1975?
7. Why did Goodall change her guide for Rashidi?
8. In what way does Goodall's life become more complicated at the end of this section?
9. Why does Goodall say Flint became sick?
10. How did Goodall work to get the chimps accustomed to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jane say she is concerned about the welfare of chimps? How does she think humans can help to preserve the chimp species?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the animals in the book and examine the myths that surround that animal in popular culture. How did these myths develop? What is the truth behind the myth?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between the formats of a novel and an autobiography. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)