|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Goodall first travel to Africa?
2. What are Leakey and Goodall hunting for in this section?
3. What does Jane say there was little of during the war?
4. What did Jane learn while in Germany?
5. In which city was Jane born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jane do on her return to London?
2. How did Jane learn to ride a horse?
3. Why couldn't Jane go to Gombe National Park immediately?
4. How does Jane describe her father?
5. What does Goodall say she does as an ethologist?
6. What did Rusty teach Jane about animals?
7. Why did Jane decide to travel to Africa?
8. What did Jane do once she was back in London?
9. How did Jane ignite her passion for exotic animals as a youngster without ever seeing them?
10. Describe the terrain the first time Goodall explored the area.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between the African and Western cultures? In what ways have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jane as the person she was at the beginning of the book to the person she is at the end. What did Jane hope to achieve at the beginning of the book? What events changed Jane's ideas about life? Did Jane achieve her goals by the end of the book?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)