|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Jane see sitting on a nest of straw?
2. What does Jane say she was puzzled about as a five-year-old?
3. Jane traveled to Africa on the liner named ______________.
4. What did Jane's father do for a hobby?
5. What species of duck refused to follow Lorenz?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author define the word animal?
2. What does Goodall say was the process of getting to learn so much about chimps?
3. How does Goodall say she first became interested in animals?
4. Why did Jane's mother come with her to Tanzania?
5. How does Jane describe her father?
6. What did Jane learn about Germans when she went to visit the country?
7. What did Jane do once she was back in London?
8. What did Tinbergen find out about seagulls?
9. What does Goodall say she does as an ethologist?
10. Why does Jane know no languages other than English?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Derek's death effect Jane? What did Derek give Jane that no one else could?
Essay Topic 2
What is ethology? What famous ethologists have there been? What did they contribute to the field of study? Why has Jane made such a good ethologist?
Essay Topic 3
How has Goodall continued to help chimpanzees? What do you think the future holds for Goodall and her chimps?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)