|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school did Jane go to in London?
2. Why did Jane find it so difficult to learn German?
3. Which of the following subjects did Jane enjoy at school?
4. What was the Australopithecus eventually nicknamed?
5. Why did Mary decide to dig for fossils herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jane think of school?
2. What did Louis Leakey discover a few years after Jane went fossil hunting with him?
3. Why did Jane decide to travel to Africa?
4. Why did Jane love the Canary Islands so much?
5. Why does Jane know no languages other than English?
6. What did Jane do once she was back in London?
7. Why couldn't Jane go to Gombe National Park immediately?
8. What does Goodall say was the process of getting to learn so much about chimps?
9. Why did the villagers think Lorenz was mad?
10. How did Jane learn to ride a horse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jane as the person she was at the beginning of the book to the person she is at the end. What did Jane hope to achieve at the beginning of the book? What events changed Jane's ideas about life? Did Jane achieve her goals by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the influence that Jane's mother, Louis Leavey, and Hugo van Lawick had on Jane's life.
Essay Topic 3
How do chimps live together? In what ways are their behaviors similar to those of humans? Can Jane's research into chimp behavior be beneficial for humans and how we live our own lives?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)