|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sea life does Jane say she glimpsed in the sea on the way to Africa?
2. Where does Jane Goddall study chimpanzees?
3. Which fictional doctor did Jane loving reading about as a child?
4. What species of duck refused to follow Lorenz?
5. What animal did Jane enjoy feeding at the manor house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Louis Leakey discover a few years after Jane went fossil hunting with him?
2. What does Goodall say was the process of getting to learn so much about chimps?
3. What did Jane learn about Germans when she went to visit the country?
4. How does Goodall say she first became interested in animals?
5. How did Jane learn to ride a horse?
6. What did Jane do once she was back in London?
7. How did the area Jane grew up in develop her love for animals?
8. What does Goodall say she does as an ethologist?
9. Why did Jane decide to travel to Africa?
10. Describe the terrain the first time Goodall explored the area.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events in Jane's life contributed to her decision to study chimpanzees? Why do you think she chose to study chimpanzees over other animals?
Essay Topic 2
What new discoveries did Jane make about chimps? Why were chimps not properly researched before? Why are Jane's discoveries so important?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jane as the person she was at the beginning of the book to the person she is at the end. What did Jane hope to achieve at the beginning of the book? What events changed Jane's ideas about life? Did Jane achieve her goals by the end of the book?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)