|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird has Tinbergen examined?
2. Which of the following subjects did Jane enjoy at school?
3. Why did Jane's parents send her to live in France?
4. What subject did Louis Leakey study?
5. What fictional character is Jane reminded of when she sees the Canary islands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Goodall's time at Oxford.
2. How did Goodall set up her camp in Gombe?
3. How did Jane ignite her passion for exotic animals as a youngster without ever seeing them?
4. Why did Goodall decide against collecting animals as pets?
5. Why did Jane's mother come with her to Tanzania?
6. In what way was Leakey responsible for starting Jane's obsession with chimpanzees?
7. What did Louis Leakey discover a few years after Jane went fossil hunting with him?
8. What does Goodall say was the process of getting to learn so much about chimps?
9. What did Jane do on her return to London?
10. How does Jane describe her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the animals, what problems did Jane have to cope with in Africa? How did she cope with these problems? What does the fact that Jane never gave up say about her character?
Essay Topic 2
What made Goodall a good ethologist? What did Goodall have to learn to become a successful ethologist?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jane as the person she was at the beginning of the book to the person she is at the end. What did Jane hope to achieve at the beginning of the book? What events changed Jane's ideas about life? Did Jane achieve her goals by the end of the book?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)