|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following cities did Goodall visit in South Africa?
2. What is the scientific name for the skull Leakey and his wife found?
3. How does Jane say she first traveled to Africa?
4. What does a dog do before it lies down in bed?
5. How was Danny Nutt related to Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author define the word animal?
2. How did Jane ignite her passion for exotic animals as a youngster without ever seeing them?
3. What did Jane learn about Germans when she went to visit the country?
4. What did Tinbergen find out about seagulls?
5. Why couldn't Jane go to Gombe National Park immediately?
6. What did Jane think of school?
7. How did Goodall set up her camp in Gombe?
8. Why does Jane know no languages other than English?
9. Why did the villagers think Lorenz was mad?
10. What are ethologists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What new discoveries did Jane make about chimps? Why were chimps not properly researched before? Why are Jane's discoveries so important?
Essay Topic 2
What made Goodall a good ethologist? What did Goodall have to learn to become a successful ethologist?
Essay Topic 3
What is ethology? What famous ethologists have there been? What did they contribute to the field of study? Why has Jane made such a good ethologist?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)