|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tent did Jane have at that time?
(a) A marquee tent.
(b) An Indian tent.
(c) An ex-army tent.
(d) An explorer tent.
2. Who visits Goodall from England in Chapter 5?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. When does Jane say the chimps gather together in more than groups of six?
(a) When their is a fight.
(b) When they wake up and before they go to bed.
(c) When someone is sick.
(d) When one of their community finds food.
4. Why does Jane think Figan made a good alpha male?
(a) He took no nonsense.
(b) He maintained rule through alliances.
(c) He set up a democratic committee.
(d) He always listened.
5. What kind of animal was Kobi?
(a) A chimpanzee.
(b) A drawf mongoose.
(c) A bush baby.
(d) A vervet monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the top ranking female chimp?
2. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What did Jane like doing with her mother in the evenings?
4. What is the name of the uninhabited island Goodall explored with her mother?
5. What kind of animal was Kip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Goodall change her guide for Rashidi?
2. In what way does Goodall's life become more complicated at the end of this section?
3. How did Goodall cope with studying animals while raising a child?
4. What is Chimpanzoo?
5. Describe Goodall's new husband Derek Bryceson?
6. How did Derek help Goodall open doors in the community?
7. How did Goodall's mother help the local community?
8. What does Goodall say she finds interesting about hyenas?
9. What did Goodall learn from David Greybeard?
10. What did Goodall do on her first day in Gombe Park?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)