|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Goodall set up her tent?
(a) On top of a peak.
(b) Next to a bog.
(c) Under a shaded tree.
(d) In the long grass.
2. Whose maturation process did Goodall observe?
3. What was Goodall's opinion of Adolf?
4. Which chimp does Goodall think will eventually become an alpha male?
5. Why did Derek open many doors for Goodall?
(a) He was one of the richest men in the world.
(b) He had connections in the governemnt.
(c) He was a nationalized Tanzanian.
(d) He could fly a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Derek Bryceson's role in World War II?
2. What did Jane like doing with her mother in the evenings?
3. Who was the first guide that Jane went with to find chimps?
4. Where does Goodall first go to observe the chimps everyday?
5. Jane found that people learned the most about chimps in __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goodall say about alpha males in this section?
2. How did Goodall work to get the chimps accustomed to her?
3. Describe Jane's routine after the first few months?
4. What does Goodall say she has appreciated about her life so far?
5. What did Goodall discover about the chimps by observing from the peak?
6. Why did Goodall change her guide for Rashidi?
7. In what way does Goodall's life become more complicated at the end of this section?
8. What did Goodall learn from David Greybeard?
9. How did Derek help Goodall open doors in the community?
10. How does have little money affect the expedition?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)