|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals did Jane explore on the island?
(c) Scarlet Macaws.
(d) Vervet monkeys.
2. Which chimp was the alpha male after Humphrey?
3. Why did Derek open many doors for Goodall?
(a) He was one of the richest men in the world.
(b) He had connections in the governemnt.
(c) He could fly a plane.
(d) He was a nationalized Tanzanian.
4. What kind of car did Goodall and Hugo own?
(a) A Brono.
(b) A Suzuki.
(c) A Land Rover.
(d) A Mercedes.
5. What does Goodall name the chimp that enters her camp?
(a) David Greybeard.
(b) Hugo Strong.
(c) Johnny Moss.
(d) Peter Piper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was the name of one of Goodall's chimps?
2. Derek died from ___________.
3. What was Derek Bryceson's role in World War II?
4. What is the name of the uninhabited island Goodall explored with her mother?
5. Where does Goodall find a job in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Goodall describe the red gold buck she sees?
2. What is Chimpanzoo?
3. How did Goodall cope with studying animals while raising a child?
4. What did Goodall do on her first day in Gombe Park?
5. In what way does Goodall's life become more complicated at the end of this section?
6. Describe Jane's routine after the first few months?
7. How does have little money affect the expedition?
8. Describe Goodall's new husband Derek Bryceson?
9. What did Goodall discover about the chimps by observing from the peak?
10. How did Goodall work to get the chimps accustomed to her?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)