|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Leakey and his wife sleep?
(a) The back of a car.
(b) In a bush.
(c) Under the shade of a tree.
(d) The back of a van.
2. Which of the following birds did Jane find scary?
3. When did the geese come back to Lorenz?
(a) When they were hurt.
(b) When they were dying.
(c) When they lost their mates.
(d) In the winter months.
4. Which famous king once lived on the grounds of Jane's father's estate?
(a) Charles I.
(b) Edward II.
(c) Henry VIII.
(d) George III.
5. What kind of mammal did Jane have an argument with her aunt about?
(a) A dog.
(b) A whale.
(c) A jaguar.
(d) A human.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jane have no time to learn French?
2. What did Jane like to draw as a child?
3. Whom does Jane say her mother is about to call?
4. What does Jane say she could always faintly smell in the manor house?
5. Jane compares collecting eggs to _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the area Jane grew up in develop her love for animals?
2. What did Jane do once she was back in London?
3. Why did Jane's mother come with her to Tanzania?
4. Why does Jane know no languages other than English?
5. What did Tinbergen find out about seagulls?
6. What did Jane think of school?
7. Describe Goodall's time at Oxford.
8. Why couldn't Jane go to Gombe National Park immediately?
9. Why did the villagers think Lorenz was mad?
10. What did Jane and her mother do while waiting for permission to observe the chimp in Gombe Park?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)