|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following birds did Jane find scary?
2. What kind of school did Jane go to in London?
(a) Secretarial school.
(b) Medical school.
(c) Business school.
(d) Language school.
3. What was the name of the friend Jane stayed with in Nairobi?
4. Which of the following birds did Jane see at the Oxford river?
5. Where did Leakey take Goodall for an expedition?
(a) Cook Island.
(b) Mluvami Valley.
(c) Olduvai Gorge.
(d) Victoria Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Goodall first travel to Africa?
2. Why did Leakey offer Goodall a job?
3. Gulls can become excited by seeing ________.
4. What did Lorenz find out about the relationship between male and female geese?
5. Which of the following sea life does Jane say she glimpsed in the sea on the way to Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jane and her mother do while waiting for permission to observe the chimp in Gombe Park?
2. How did Jane ignite her passion for exotic animals as a youngster without ever seeing them?
3. How does the author define the word animal?
4. What does Goodall say she does as an ethologist?
5. How did Jane learn to ride a horse?
6. Why did the villagers think Lorenz was mad?
7. How did Goodall set up her camp in Gombe?
8. How does Goodall say she first became interested in animals?
9. Why did Jane's mother come with her to Tanzania?
10. Why did Jane love the Canary Islands so much?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)