|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane say is the only animal more fascinating than the chimpanzee?
(a) The cat.
(b) The human.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The dog.
2. What is the name of Jane's sister?
3. What country did Jane take a train to from South Africa?
4. What did Lorenz find out about the relationship between male and female geese?
(a) They kiss each other.
(b) They go through painful separations.
(c) They always hate each other.
(d) They are faithful to each other.
5. Leakey grew up with ___________.
(a) The Wren tribe.
(b) The Sans tribe.
(c) The Juniper tribe.
(d) The Kikiyu tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hunt does Jane say made her sick when she participated in it?
2. What kind of dog was Peggy?
3. Who is known as the father of ethology?
4. What does Jane say she was puzzled about as a five-year-old?
5. Which of the following birds did Jane see at the Oxford river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Goodall's time at Oxford.
2. Describe the terrain the first time Goodall explored the area.
3. Why did Jane love the Canary Islands so much?
4. Why did Goodall decide against collecting animals as pets?
5. Why does Jane know no languages other than English?
6. What are ethologists?
7. Why couldn't Jane go to Gombe National Park immediately?
8. How did Jane ignite her passion for exotic animals as a youngster without ever seeing them?
9. What does Goodall say she does as an ethologist?
10. Why did Jane decide to travel to Africa?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)