|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mary decide to dig for fossils herself?
(a) She didn't want the Africans to be blamed for breaking one.
(b) She had a sudden inspiration.
(c) She needed the work to help her get over grief.
(d) She wanted to prove she was as good as the men.
2. What did Jane like to draw as a child?
(b) African tribe members.
(c) Insect anatomy.
3. Jane compares collecting eggs to _________.
(a) Simple Simon.
(b) Follow the leader.
(c) An Easter egg hunt.
(d) A fox hunt.
4. What can Jane see sitting on a nest of straw?
(a) A rat.
(b) A man.
(c) A bird.
(d) A mouse.
5. What does Jane say tickled her legs as she crouched down?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the race horse Jane rode on when she was two?
2. What is the name of Jane's sister?
3. In which city was Jane born?
4. What animal did Jane enjoy feeding at the manor house?
5. Goodall thought Rusty had a sense of __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goodall say she does as an ethologist?
2. In what way was Leakey responsible for starting Jane's obsession with chimpanzees?
3. How did Jane learn to ride a horse?
4. How did Jane ignite her passion for exotic animals as a youngster without ever seeing them?
5. How does Goodall say she first became interested in animals?
6. What are ethologists?
7. Describe Goodall's time at Oxford.
8. What did Jane and her mother do while waiting for permission to observe the chimp in Gombe Park?
9. What did Jane do once she was back in London?
10. How did Goodall set up her camp in Gombe?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)