|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the geese come back to Lorenz?
(a) When they lost their mates.
(b) In the winter months.
(c) When they were dying.
(d) When they were hurt.
2. What is the first thing baby geese learn?
(a) To eat.
(b) To swim.
(c) To follow the first moving object.
(d) To flap their wings.
3. Why did Leakey offer Goodall a job?
(a) He needed an English speaker.
(b) She was pretty.
(c) She knew a lot about animals.
(d) She had all the right qualifications.
4. What was the name of the friend Goodall met in Kenya?
5. What kind of geese is Lorenz most famous for working with?
(a) A longneck.
(b) A greylag.
(c) A mongoose.
(d) A brownlag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Leakey and Goodall hunting for in this section?
2. How does Jane say she first traveled to Africa?
3. Jane says she feels a closeness to __________.
4. What did Jane get a job doing during the holidays?
5. Whom does Jane say her mother is about to call?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Goodall and her family cope during the war?
2. How does Jane describe her father?
3. What are ethologists?
4. What did Jane learn about Germans when she went to visit the country?
5. How did the area Jane grew up in develop her love for animals?
6. How does Goodall say she first became interested in animals?
7. How did Goodall set up her camp in Gombe?
8. Why did Jane decide to travel to Africa?
9. Why did Jane's mother come with her to Tanzania?
10. What did Tinbergen find out about seagulls?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)