|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an ethologist study?
2. Which famous king once lived on the grounds of Jane's father's estate?
(a) Charles I.
(b) George III.
(c) Edward II.
(d) Henry VIII.
3. Where did many of the hens like to lay their eggs rather than the hen house?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The bushes.
(c) The long grass.
(d) The woods.
4. What was Jane's father's job?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A journalist.
5. What did Leakey use for tables in his sleeping area?
(d) Mud bricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could the domestic duck do that Lorenz couldn't?
2. What species of duck refused to follow Lorenz?
3. In which city did Lorenz live in?
4. What did Jane learn while in Germany?
5. Which of the following cities did Goodall visit in South Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jane learn about Germans when she went to visit the country?
2. What did Tinbergen find out about seagulls?
3. How does Jane describe her father?
4. Why couldn't Jane go to Gombe National Park immediately?
5. Why did Goodall decide against collecting animals as pets?
6. How does Goodall say she first became interested in animals?
7. Describe the terrain the first time Goodall explored the area.
8. Why did Jane's mother come with her to Tanzania?
9. How did the area Jane grew up in develop her love for animals?
10. What did Jane do once she was back in London?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)