|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cutlery did Jane use to eat?
(a) Tin cutlery.
(b) Silver cutlery.
(c) Steel cutlery.
(d) Plastic cutlery.
2. Where does Goodall find a job in Chapter 5?
(a) The Old Bailey.
(b) The BBC.
(c) London Zoo.
(d) Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
3. What did Jane spend most of her time doing in London?
(b) Researching chimps.
(c) Watching films.
(d) Saving money.
4. Who visits Goodall from England in Chapter 5?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
5. Why is Goodall excited about chimps using grass to lure insects from mounds?
(a) It was always thought chimps only ate fruit.
(b) It suggested humans evolved from chimps.
(c) They are the only other creature other than humans to be seen using a tool.
(d) It proved that chimps have a mathematical brain.
6. Where does Goodall first go to observe the chimps everyday?
(a) Up a tree.
(b) In a bush.
(c) A peak.
(d) On a boat.
7. Whom did Jane borrow a boat from in Chapter 5?
8. Who overthrew Mike as alpha male?
9. What did Goodall sometimes watch the hyenas doing?
(b) Killing prey.
(d) Playing games.
10. In which section of the London Zoo did Goodall work?
(a) The research center.
(b) The feeding section.
(c) The entertainment area.
(d) The television film library.
11. Why does Jane think Figan made a good alpha male?
(a) He set up a democratic committee.
(b) He took no nonsense.
(c) He maintained rule through alliances.
(d) He always listened.
12. What was the name of Flo's daugther?
13. Who took over from Goliath as the alpha male?
14. Whom does Goodall say she spends time with in England?
(b) Louis Leakey.
(c) Her mother.
15. Jane found that people learned the most about chimps in __________.
(a) The jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Goodall choose to accompany her to Africa?
2. Where does Goodall say she spends four months of the year watching chimps?
3. Where did Jane study for her Ph.D?
4. What was Dominic's role in the camp?
5. What is the name of the uninhabited island Goodall explored with her mother?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)