|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goodall name the chimp that enters her camp?
(a) Johnny Moss.
(b) David Greybeard.
(c) Hugo Strong.
(d) Peter Piper.
2. What kind of animal was Kobi?
(a) A drawf mongoose.
(b) A bush baby.
(c) A vervet monkey.
(d) A chimpanzee.
3. What did the antelope do as soon as she heard Jane was near?
(a) Walked away slowly.
(c) Kept still.
(d) Pawed the ground.
4. Where does Goodall say she spends four months of the year watching chimps?
(a) Corcovado Park.
(b) New York Zoo.
(c) London Zoo.
(d) Gombe Park.
5. In which country did Goodall get married in Chapter 7?
6. What was Dominic's role in the camp?
7. What did Derek help Goodall to open?
(a) A medical clinic.
(b) A ranger's lodge.
(c) A research center.
(d) A school.
8. Whose maturation process did Goodall observe?
9. Whom does Goodall say she spends time with in England?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Louis Leakey.
10. When does Jane say the chimps gather together in more than groups of six?
(a) When they wake up and before they go to bed.
(b) When someone is sick.
(c) When their is a fight.
(d) When one of their community finds food.
11. What is Jane doing if she isn't watching chimps or writing?
(c) Spending time with her family.
12. Which chimp was the alpha male after Humphrey?
13. Where did Goodall set up her tent?
(a) Next to a bog.
(b) In the long grass.
(c) Under a shaded tree.
(d) On top of a peak.
14. Why is Goodall excited about chimps using grass to lure insects from mounds?
(a) It proved that chimps have a mathematical brain.
(b) It suggested humans evolved from chimps.
(c) They are the only other creature other than humans to be seen using a tool.
(d) It was always thought chimps only ate fruit.
15. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Derek Bryceson's role in World War II?
2. Where did Jane study for her Ph.D?
3. Which of the following was the name of one of Goodall's chimps?
4. What happened when Grub turned seven?
5. What kind of car did Goodall and Hugo own?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)