|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which chimp does Goodall think will eventually become an alpha male?
2. How does Jane describe the antelope's eyes?
(c) Mirror like.
3. What was Goodall's opinion of Adolf?
4. How happened to Flint when Flo died?
(a) He got sick
(b) He left the community.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He became the alpha male.
5. What did Derek help Goodall to open?
(a) A medical clinic.
(b) A school.
(c) A ranger's lodge.
(d) A research center.
6. What kind of insects do chimps lure out of mounds to eat?
7. Whose maturation process did Goodall observe?
8. Whom did Goodall choose to accompany her to Africa?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
9. Where does Goodall first go to observe the chimps everyday?
(a) A peak.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In a bush.
(d) Up a tree.
10. What did the antelope do as soon as she heard Jane was near?
(a) Kept still.
(b) Walked away slowly.
(d) Pawed the ground.
11. What is the name of the lake Jane and her mother explored?
(a) Lake Charles.
(b) Lake George.
(c) Lake Elizabeth.
(d) Lake Victoria.
12. When does Jane say the chimps gather together in more than groups of six?
(a) When they wake up and before they go to bed.
(b) When someone is sick.
(c) When their is a fight.
(d) When one of their community finds food.
13. What did Jane spend most of her time doing in London?
(a) Watching films.
(c) Researching chimps.
(d) Saving money.
14. What kind of animal did Hugo and Goodall discover in their camp when they arrived back one day?
(a) A rhino.
(b) A lion.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A tiger.
15. What language other than English could Derek speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the top ranking female chimp?
2. In what way is Derek disabled?
3. In which country is Gombe National Park located?
4. What is the name of the uninhabited island Goodall explored with her mother?
5. Whom does Goodall say she spends time with in England?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)