|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tent did Jane have at that time?
(a) A marquee tent.
(b) An ex-army tent.
(c) An Indian tent.
(d) An explorer tent.
2. What did Goodall and her family nickname her son?
(d) Jo Jo.
3. Jane found that people learned the most about chimps in __________.
(d) The jungle.
4. What was the name of Flo's daugther?
5. What was Dominic's role in the camp?
6. What did Goodall sometimes watch the hyenas doing?
(a) Killing prey.
(c) Playing games.
7. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. In what way is Derek disabled?
(a) He has no arms.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is paralzyed from the waist down.
(d) He is deaf.
9. The African rebels who kidnapped four of Goodall's students were from _____________.
10. What is the name of the nearest town to Gombe?
11. What major event happened in 1967 that affected Goodall profoundly?
(a) Britain invaded Egypt.
(b) Goodall had a child.
(c) America declared war on Vietnam.
(d) Tanzania declared war on Congo.
12. What was the name of the top ranking female chimp?
13. What is the name of the lake Jane and her mother explored?
(a) Lake Charles.
(b) Lake George.
(c) Lake Victoria.
(d) Lake Elizabeth.
14. Where does Goodall first go to observe the chimps everyday?
(a) In a bush.
(b) A peak.
(c) On a boat.
(d) Up a tree.
15. Which of the following was the name of one of Goodall's chimps?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jane study for her Ph.D?
2. Where did Goodall set up her tent?
3. Derek, Grub, and Goodall were involved in ___________.
4. What is the name of the uninhabited island Goodall explored with her mother?
5. Why does Jane think Figan made a good alpha male?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)