|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal did Hugo and Goodall discover in their camp when they arrived back one day?
(a) A rhino.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A lion.
(d) An elephant.
2. What kind of insects do chimps lure out of mounds to eat?
3. Hugo van Lawick made documentaries for __________.
(a) The Discovery Channel.
(b) Fox Network.
(c) The National Geographic.
(d) The BBC.
4. Whose maturation process did Goodall observe?
5. Which chimp does Goodall think will eventually become an alpha male?
6. Where does Goodall say she spends four months of the year watching chimps?
(a) Gombe Park.
(b) Corcovado Park.
(c) New York Zoo.
(d) London Zoo.
7. Which chimp was the alpha male after Humphrey?
8. What kind of animal was Kobi?
(a) A drawf mongoose.
(b) A chimpanzee.
(c) A vervet monkey.
(d) A bush baby.
9. What was Dominic's role in the camp?
10. What do chimps use to make pillows?
(a) Moss and mud.
(b) Leaves and twigs.
(c) Each other.
11. How happened to Flint when Flo died?
(a) He became the alpha male.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He got sick
(d) He left the community.
12. Who took over from Goliath as the alpha male?
13. What major event happened in 1967 that affected Goodall profoundly?
(a) Tanzania declared war on Congo.
(b) Goodall had a child.
(c) America declared war on Vietnam.
(d) Britain invaded Egypt.
14. What happened when Grub turned seven?
(a) Grub contracted polio.
(b) Hugo and Goodall divorced.
(c) Grub was attacked by a chimp.
(d) Hugo died.
15. How does Jane describe the antelope's eyes?
(c) Mirror like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goodall make for Grub to keep him safe?
2. Where did Jane study for her Ph.D?
3. Where does Goodall find a job in Chapter 5?
4. What is the name of the lake Jane and her mother explored?
5. Who overthrew Mike as alpha male?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)