|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jane's sister?
2. What was the name of the friend Goodall met in Kenya?
3. How was Danny Nutt related to Jane?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her sister-in-law.
4. What kind of geese is Lorenz most famous for working with?
(a) A longneck.
(b) A mongoose.
(c) A greylag.
(d) A brownlag.
5. When did the geese come back to Lorenz?
(a) When they lost their mates.
(b) In the winter months.
(c) When they were hurt.
(d) When they were dying.
6. What insects was Karl von Frisch fascinated by?
7. What is the scientific name for the skull Leakey and his wife found?
8. Where did many of the hens like to lay their eggs rather than the hen house?
(a) The long grass.
(b) The bushes.
(c) The woods.
(d) The cellar.
9. What does Jane say she hated about South Africa?
(a) The animal sacrifice.
(b) The cities.
10. Jane traveled to Africa on the liner named ______________.
(b) Nigeria Gold.
(d) Kenya Castle.
11. Whom does Jane say her mother is about to call?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her father.
(c) The police.
(d) The fire brigade.
12. Where does Jane Goddall study chimpanzees?
13. What did Jane learn while in Germany?
(a) How to speak to animals.
(b) Not all Germans were bad.
(c) Dog bark differently
(d) The German language.
14. Which of the following birds did Jane find scary?
15. What does Jane say she was puzzled about as a five-year-old?
(a) Police cars.
(b) Chicken eggs.
(c) Mother's Day.
(d) Chicken beaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane say she was lucky during her first voyage to Africa?
2. What did Jane get a job doing during the holidays?
3. In which city was Jane born?
4. How did Goodall travel to Nairobi?
5. What does Jane say she could always faintly smell in the manor house?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)