|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Jane visit after she finished school?
2. What was the name of the friend Jane stayed with in Nairobi?
3. Which famous king once lived on the grounds of Jane's father's estate?
(a) Henry VIII.
(b) Charles I.
(c) Edward II.
(d) George III.
4. For which country is Nairobi the capital city?
(c) South Africa.
5. What was the name of the race horse Jane rode on when she was two?
(a) Desert Orchid.
(b) Red Rum.
(c) Hello Dandy.
6. What did Jane learn while in Germany?
(a) Not all Germans were bad.
(b) How to speak to animals.
(c) Dog bark differently
(d) The German language.
7. What did Jane need in order to get a major scholarship at Oxford?
(a) An internship.
(b) A language.
(c) A job.
(d) A recommendation.
8. What fictional character is Jane reminded of when she sees the Canary islands?
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) Doctor Doolittle.
(d) Dr. Moreau.
9. What was Jane's father's job?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A doctor.
10. Where did Leakey take Goodall for an expedition?
(a) Cook Island.
(b) Olduvai Gorge.
(c) Mluvami Valley.
(d) Victoria Lake.
11. What does Jane say she was puzzled about as a five-year-old?
(a) Mother's Day.
(b) Police cars.
(c) Chicken eggs.
(d) Chicken beaks.
12. What did Jane's father do for a hobby?
13. What was Uncle Rex's main business?
(a) Horse racing,
(b) Sport management.
14. How did Goodall travel to Nairobi?
(a) By train.
(b) By plane.
(c) By boat.
(d) By car.
15. What does Jane say there was little of during the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following cities did Goodall visit in South Africa?
2. What kind of mammal did Jane have an argument with her aunt about?
3. Why did Jane's parents send her to live in France?
4. What does an ethologist study?
5. How does Jane say she first traveled to Africa?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)