|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fictional character is Jane reminded of when she sees the Canary islands?
(a) Dr. Moreau.
(c) Doctor Doolittle.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
2. What does Jane say she hated about South Africa?
(a) The animal sacrifice.
(b) The cities.
3. What did Leakey use for tables in his sleeping area?
(c) Mud bricks.
4. Who is known as the father of ethology?
(a) David Attenborough.
(b) Konrad Lorenz.
(c) Douglas Hume.
(d) Desmond Morris.
5. What was Jane's father's job?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An engineer.
6. In which city was Jane born?
(a) New Delhi.
(c) Hong Kong.
7. What is the name of Jane's sister?
8. How did Goodall first travel to Africa?
(a) By train.
(b) By plane.
(c) By car.
(d) By passenger liner.
9. What was the name of the race horse Jane rode on when she was two?
(a) Hello Dandy.
(b) Red Rum.
(d) Desert Orchid.
10. What was the name of the friend Goodall met in Kenya?
11. How does Jane say she first traveled to Africa?
(a) By car.
(b) By boat.
(c) By train.
(d) By plane.
12. What did Jane learn while in Germany?
(a) Dog bark differently
(b) How to speak to animals.
(c) The German language.
(d) Not all Germans were bad.
13. What was Uncle Rex's main business?
(b) Horse racing,
(c) Sport management.
14. What kind of mammal did Jane have an argument with her aunt about?
(a) A whale.
(b) A human.
(c) A jaguar.
(d) A dog.
15. What could the domestic duck do that Lorenz couldn't?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did many of the hens like to lay their eggs rather than the hen house?
2. Where did Rusty live?
3. What country did Jane visit after she finished school?
4. What kind of car did Jane's father own?
5. What was the name of Louis' wife?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)