|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jane's parents send her to live in France?
(a) So they could save money.
(b) To get her away from the war.
(c) So she could speak fluent French.
(d) So she could have better schooling.
2. What does Jane watch the chicken doing?
(a) Pecking another chicken.
(b) Eating grain.
(c) Laying an egg.
(d) Attempting to fly.
3. What kind of car did Jane's father own?
(a) A Cortina.
(b) An Aston Martin.
(c) A Bentley.
(d) A Jaguar.
4. What does Jane say she was puzzled about as a five-year-old?
(a) Mother's Day.
(b) Chicken beaks.
(c) Chicken eggs.
(d) Police cars.
5. Which of the following birds did Jane see at the Oxford river?
6. Which of the following birds did Jane find scary?
7. Which famous king once lived on the grounds of Jane's father's estate?
(a) George III.
(b) Charles I.
(c) Henry VIII.
(d) Edward II.
8. What fictional character is Jane reminded of when she sees the Canary islands?
(a) Robinson Crusoe.
(b) Dr. Moreau.
(c) Doctor Doolittle.
9. Why does Jane say she was lucky during her first voyage to Africa?
(a) She saw rare species of fish.
(b) She met her future husband.
(c) She never felt seasick.
(d) She had a first class cabin.
10. What was Tanzania called before it became Tanzania?
11. What subject did Louis Leakey study?
12. Jane traveled to Africa on the liner named ______________.
(a) Kenya Castle.
(d) Nigeria Gold.
13. What country did Jane take a train to from South Africa?
14. What kind of mammal did Jane have an argument with her aunt about?
(a) A whale.
(b) A human.
(c) A jaguar.
(d) A dog.
15. Where did Rusty live?
(a) A badger hole.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The woods.
(d) The bus shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane say there was little of during the war?
2. What kind of school did Jane go to in London?
3. Jane compares collecting eggs to _________.
4. How did Goodall first travel to Africa?
5. What does Jane say she could always faintly smell in the manor house?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)