|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tanzania called before it became Tanzania?
2. Why did Jane have no time to learn French?
(a) She had too much school work.
(b) The war started.
(c) She was invited to live in Africa.
(d) The family wanted to learn English.
3. What kind of hunt does Jane say made her sick when she participated in it?
(a) A fox hunt.
(b) A badger hunt.
(c) An egg hunt.
(d) A rat hunt.
4. Why did Jane's parents send her to live in France?
(a) So she could speak fluent French.
(b) To get her away from the war.
(c) So she could have better schooling.
(d) So they could save money.
5. What did Leakey use for tables in his sleeping area?
(d) Mud bricks.
6. What fictional character is Jane reminded of when she sees the Canary islands?
(b) Doctor Doolittle.
(c) Dr. Moreau.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
7. What did Jane like to draw as a child?
(a) Insect anatomy.
(b) African tribe members.
8. Jane compares collecting eggs to _________.
(a) Simple Simon.
(b) Follow the leader.
(c) An Easter egg hunt.
(d) A fox hunt.
9. Which fictional doctor did Jane loving reading about as a child?
(a) Dr. Horace.
(b) Dr. Doolittle.
(c) Dr. Moreau.
(d) Dr. Nutty.
10. Which of the following subjects did Jane find difficult at school?
11. What did Jane need in order to get a major scholarship at Oxford?
(a) An internship.
(b) A recommendation.
(c) A language.
(d) A job.
12. What does Jane say she hated about South Africa?
(a) The animal sacrifice.
(b) The cities.
13. What does Jane say she was puzzled about as a five-year-old?
(a) Mother's Day.
(b) Chicken beaks.
(c) Police cars.
(d) Chicken eggs.
14. What does Jane say one has to be to learn from animals?
15. Why did Jane find it so difficult to learn German?
(a) She couldn't pronounce the words.
(b) Her host family only spoke to her in English.
(c) She thought it was an ugly language.
(d) The grammar was too difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird has Tinbergen examined?
2. Goodall thought Rusty had a sense of __________.
3. How did Goodall first travel to Africa?
4. What species of duck refused to follow Lorenz?
5. In which city did Jane find a job after she left the clinic?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)