|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julia say television production was at times?
2. Who did not like the final title given the book before production?
3. What did Jones think Julia had underestimated in the book?
4. Where was Julia most productive while writing the second volume?
5. What happened to Paul after his surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. From wat illness did Paul suffer, and what was the first sign of it?
2. What bothered Simca when she and Julia were interviewed and featured in Vogue Magazine?
3. How did Julia spend her time when her show was approved?
4. How did Julia want her readers to feel when using "From Julia Child's Kitchen?"
5. What was the main problem discovered about the French Bread recipe?
6. What happened to Paul after his surgery?
7. How did Julia describe Simca's home in France?
8. How did Julia deal with the problem of the French Bread recipe?
9. What was La Pitchoune, and what did it mean?
10. How did Julia label Louisette on their book, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Julia become interested in cooking, and what is ironic about her start in that career?
Essay Topic 2
How was Paul raised, and how did this differ from the way Julia was raised? How did these differences affect their chemistry within their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training was a constant theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)