|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Julia and Paul move after their time in Germany?
2. What kind of shows did Julia shoot in France?
3. Paul wanted to focus on what after he was retired?
4. What kind of interviews did Julia do when the book had a second printing?
5. Louisette was considered what with respect to the book on which Simca and Julia were working?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Julia think writing the second volume of her book would be easier than the first?
2. What were the main obstacles Julia faced in creating a French Bread recipe for her second volume?
3. From wat illness did Paul suffer, and what was the first sign of it?
4. What did Julia and Simca choose to do while Julia was visiting France for Christmas?
5. What did Julia choose to do after her book was rejected for the first time by Houghton Mifflin?
6. How did Julia spend her time when her show was approved?
7. What did the proprietor of the first restaurant at which Julia ate in France do for her show?
8. How did Julia want her readers to feel when using "From Julia Child's Kitchen?"
9. What was the main problem discovered about the French Bread recipe?
10. What bothered Simca when she and Julia were interviewed and featured in Vogue Magazine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did rumors almost ruin Paul's career, and how did Paul and Julia respond to these rumors?
Essay Topic 2
How was Paul raised, and how did this differ from the way Julia was raised? How did these differences affect their chemistry within their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)