|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Julia spread her father's ashes?
2. What made Julia feel more comfortable in Germany?
3. Whom did the magazine crew waiting at La Pitchoune want in a picture with Julia?
4. What did Julia want the reader to feel like they were getting when reading her favorite book?
5. How did Simca feel when Julia changed some of the recipes in the second volume?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Julia and Paul choose to do after visiting Jean and Simca in France?
2. What did Julia choose to do after her book was rejected for the first time by Houghton Mifflin?
3. What happened to Paul after his surgery?
4. What did Julia and Simca choose to do while Julia was visiting France for Christmas?
5. How long did it take Julia to find the right French Bread recipe, and how did she feel about this?
6. What did Simca do to hurt her relationship with Julia after the second volume was published?
7. What did the proprietor of the first restaurant at which Julia ate in France do for her show?
8. How did Julia label Louisette on their book, and why?
9. How did Julia want her readers to feel when using "From Julia Child's Kitchen?"
10. How did Julia describe Simca's home in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of student was Julia, and how did this attribute affect other areas of her life aside from school?
Essay Topic 2
Julia endured many different trials before the end of the book. What were some of these trials and what lessons did she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What were some of these instances, and how did this affect the people in these scenes?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)