|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did Paul contract?
2. What caused a lot of arguments between Julia and Simca as the deadline got closer?
3. What kind of interviews did Julia do when the book had a second printing?
4. Paul worked for what program while in Germany?
5. What main ingredient was different between France and America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part of the segment shooting in France did Julia find tedious?
2. How did Julia want her readers to feel when using "From Julia Child's Kitchen?"
3. How did Julia spend her time when her show was approved?
4. Paul wanted to focus on what after his retirement?
5. What improvements did Julia and Paul make to their home in Washington, D.C.?
6. What did Simca do to hurt her relationship with Julia after the second volume was published?
7. What was La Pitchoune, and what did it mean?
8. What did Julia choose to do after her book was rejected for the first time by Houghton Mifflin?
9. How long did it take Julia to find the right French Bread recipe, and how did she feel about this?
10. How did Julia label Louisette on their book, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julia endured many different trials before the end of the book. What were some of these trials and what lessons did she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Julia talked a lot about choosing a career doing what one loves. How did she follow her own advice, and how did this change her life?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)