|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war was Zenas trying to avoid?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Boer War.
(c) World War One
(d) The War of Independence.
2. Who does grandfather think is invading Columbus?
(a) The Native Americans.
(b) The Republicans.
(c) The British.
(d) The Rebels.
3. Who does Father threaten to get?
4. How do the locals get the grandfather out of the town?
(a) They promise him his favorite meal.
(b) They bribe him.
(c) They tell him his wife is waiting.
(d) The knock him out.
5. What does Thurber say it is almost necessary to throw around?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of this chapter?
2. What does Roy put under the car to simulate catastrophe?
3. What does the grandfather steal from one of the policeman?
4. What does Mother throw through the neighbor's window?
5. What is Briggs afraid will happen to him if he falls asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the town react to their mistake about the burst dam?
2. How does Father react to Thurber coming into his room at 3 am?
3. What is Briggs's nervous condition?
4. How does Mother get the neighbor's attention?
5. How do the family have to start the old REO?
6. How did people react to the claim the dam had burst?
7. How did the REO meet its end?
8. How does Grandfather react when the police break into his room?
9. Describe how the family erupts into chaos in the first chapter.
10. What happens inside the movie theater?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)