|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thurber do in this chapter when he is unable to sleep?
(a) List Italian baseball players.
(b) Count sleep.
(c) List Italian gangsters.
(d) List New Jersey towns.
2. What does Aunt Sarah think the burglar will blow into her room?
(b) Cigar smoke.
3. What part of Columbus is beyond danger?
(a) The East Side.
(b) The North Side.
(c) The South Side.
(d) The West Side.
4. How is Briggs Breal related to Thurber?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His second cousin.
(c) His first cousin.
(d) His aunt.
5. What does the grandfather steal from one of the policeman?
(a) His stick.
(b) His radio.
(c) His belt.
(d) His gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Melissa think she is destined to die on South High Street?
2. What is the name of the town Thurber struggles to recall?
3. Why can't Mother use the phone?
4. What does Briggs like to keep by the side of his bed?
5. What do the police break down to get into the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize chapter five.
2. What do Grandmother and Mother fear about electricity?
3. How could Grandfather caused the family to drown?
4. How did the REO meet its end?
5. How does Grandfather react when the police break into his room?
6. How does Thurber react when he hears the ghost?
7. Summarize chapter four.
8. How does Roy scare his father?
9. Why does Father dislike pushing the car?
10. How do the family have to start the old REO?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)