|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vashti have a gift for?
(a) Taming animals.
(b) Finding lost objects.
(d) Healing children.
2. What happens when Muggs jumps onto the mantelpiece?
(a) It cracks.
(b) A picture falls on top of him.
(c) The wall cracks.
(d) It collapses.
3. In what part of his life does Thurber say he suffered?
(a) The middle years.
(b) The later years.
(c) The teenage years.
(d) The early years.
4. What kind of ride is the Scarlet Tornado?
(a) A bumper car.
(b) A big wheel.
(c) A roller coaster.
(d) A pirate ship.
5. Which member of Vashti's love triangle proves to be imaginary?
(a) The fireman.
(b) The footman.
(c) The step father.
(d) The policeman.
6. What does Thurber say the cloud of his special discomfiture followed him like?
(a) A pup.
(b) A fly.
(c) A child.
(d) A cat.
7. Who does Thurber's instructor shiver all over like?
(a) Lionel Barrymore.
(b) Michael Barrymore.
(c) John Barrymore.
(d) Lionel Blair.
8. What is the title of this chapter?
(a) Middle Years.
(b) Country of the Blind.
(c) Hard Times.
(d) A Note at the End.
9. How does Edda Millmoss destroy father's dinner?
(a) She tries to kiss him.
(b) She goes into labor.
(c) She burns the house.
(d) She runs away.
10. What word best describes the Scarlet Tornado ride?
11. Who does Dora Gedd injure in her bedroom?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her lover.
12. What does Thurber say he lacks the proper perspective to do in his middle years?
13. What university did Thurber attend?
(c) New York State.
(d) Ohio State.
14. What word best describes Bassum's character?
15. What does Thurber say he can't hold down in certain moods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thurber call the contraption that Mother uses to call in Muggs?
2. What war does Mrs. Robinson recall?
3. Which of the following words best describes the agricultural student's prose?
4. Who does Mother blame for Mugg's aggressive behavior?
5. What kind of animal does Muggs refuse to kill?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)