|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thurber's main problem during gym?
(a) He keeps running into people.
(b) He keeps fouling people.
(c) He keeps injuring his leg.
(d) He keeps fainting.
2. Where does Thurber work as a publicity agent?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An amusment park.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A magazine.
3. What does Thurber say keeps him tethered to physicians?
(a) His arthritis.
(b) His bunions.
(c) His weak eyes.
(d) His athlete's foot.
4. What two people are part of Vashti's love triangle?
(a) A chauffer and a stepfather.
(b) A astronaut and a teacher.
(c) A policeman and a husband.
(d) A footman and a fireman.
5. Why can't Thurber enter the army?
(a) He has bad hearing.
(b) He has bad knees.
(c) He has a bad back.
(d) He has bad eyesight.
6. What other subject does Thurber say causes him trouble?
7. Where does Jeannie deliver her seventh puppy?
(a) A New York City street corner.
(b) In the subway.
(c) In a car park.
(d) A Brooklyn housing estate.
8. What does Vashti have a gift for?
(a) Taming animals.
(b) Finding lost objects.
(c) Healing children.
9. What does Thurber say he is tempted to do at the end of the novel?
(a) Go back to Columbus.
(b) Drown himself.
(c) Rob a bank.
(d) Stay in the West Indies.
10. What does Thurber say he can't hold down in certain moods?
11. What is the name of the doctor that Thurber helps?
12. What do Ohio State students have to complete two years of?
(b) Social work.
(d) Domestic skills.
13. Which of the following words best describes the agricultural student's prose?
14. What does Thurber say Muggs like to bite?
15. Which member of Thurber's family is a veteran of the Battle of Missionary Ridge?
(b) Uncle Horatio.
(c) Uncle Jimmy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the black boxer Thurber references in this section?
2. What does Mrs. Robertson think the cricket in the basement is watching?
3. Who are the immortals?
4. What does Thurber say he hears ringing in 1918?
5. What actor does Thurber talk about in this chapter six?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)