|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edda Millmoss destroy father's dinner?
(a) She tries to kiss him.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She goes into labor.
(d) She burns the house.
2. Who do people complain to about Muggs?
(a) The local council.
(b) The fire brigade.
(c) The police.
(d) The dog home.
3. What does Thurber say the cloud of his special discomfiture followed him like?
(a) A pup.
(b) A child.
(c) A cat.
(d) A fly.
4. Who scalds her finger?
(a) Charley Betts.
(b) Dora Gedd.
(c) Gertie Straub.
(d) Belle Giddon.
5. What is the name of Vashti's fiance?
6. What is the name of the doctor that Thurber helps?
7. Why can't Thurber enter the army?
(a) He has a bad back.
(b) He has bad eyesight.
(c) He has bad knees.
(d) He has bad hearing.
8. What does Thurber say he lacks the proper perspective to do in his middle years?
9. What signals for the tourists to get back to the ship?
(a) A clap.
(b) A loudspeaker.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A bell.
10. What two people are part of Vashti's love triangle?
(a) A policeman and a husband.
(b) A chauffer and a stepfather.
(c) A footman and a fireman.
(d) A astronaut and a teacher.
11. What word best describes the Scarlet Tornado ride?
12. Where does Thurber say he previously get all his information about the West Indies?
(d) The movies.
13. What does Thurber call the contraption that Mother uses to call in Muggs?
(a) A whip machine.
(b) A thunder machine.
(c) An echo box.
(d) A drum rattler.
14. What comes shortly after Thurber's last failed examination?
(a) Judgement Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Armistice Day.
15. What problems does Mugs have shortly before his death?
(a) He starts hearing voices.
(b) He goes blind.
(c) He goes death.
(d) He starts seeing things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following sentence; mistaken exits and__
2. What kind of animal does Muggs refuse to kill?
3. In what part of his life does Thurber say he suffered?
4. What do people swallow to avoid the army?
5. What does Thurber say the agricultural student is puzzled by?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)