|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thurber say he is fresh from at 1.15 am?
(a) A shower.
(b) A walk.
(c) A run.
(d) A bath.
2. What does Roy pretend to be suffering from when he shouts in his father's ear?
3. What does Aunt Sarah think the burglar will blow into her room?
(d) Cigar smoke.
4. What does Thurber do in this chapter when he is unable to sleep?
(a) List New Jersey towns.
(b) Count sleep.
(c) List Italian gangsters.
(d) List Italian baseball players.
5. What do the police break down to get into the house?
(a) The cellar door.
(b) The front window.
(c) The back door.
(d) The front door.
6. What wakes up Father at 10.30 pm?
(a) The dog's barking.
(b) Mother's complaining.
(c) The boys' victola.
(d) A cat fight.
7. Which member of the family dislikes the REO?
(c) The father.
(d) The mother.
8. What did Zenas die from?
(a) The coconut blight.
(b) The chestnut blight.
(c) The dust bowl.
(d) The chicken storm.
9. What is a Victrola?
(a) A musical.
(b) A record player.
(c) A vintage wine.
(d) A typewriter.
10. What is Briggs afraid will happen to him if he falls asleep?
(a) He will stop breathing.
(b) Someone will climb into his bed.
(c) He will have a nightmare.
(d) He will have a heart attack.
11. What is the name of the town's doctor?
12. Why does the Victrola annoy father?
(a) The sound is scratchy.
(b) It keeps playing the same parts of the song.
(c) There is no volume control.
(d) The speakers crackle.
13. Who does Thurber wake up to ask about New Jersey towns?
14. What is the name of Thurber's younger brother?
15. What does Mother insist on talking about the next morning?
(a) Something humorous.
(c) Something elevating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the police hear in the attic?
2. What are the residents worried will happen to them if they stay in Columbo?
3. What do Herman and Thurber slam against the thing coming up the stairs?
4. What is the name of the town Thurber struggles to recall?
5. Who try to calm the fleeing residents?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)