|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes up Father at 10.30 pm?
(a) The boys' victola.
(b) A cat fight.
(c) Mother's complaining.
(d) The dog's barking.
2. What is the name of the street the Thurbers are living on in this section?
(a) Amsterdam Avenue.
(b) Lexington Avenue.
(c) Ockville Street.
(d) Elm Street.
3. What enters Thurber's house on 17. November, 1915?
(a) A phantom.
(b) A rat.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A monster.
4. What is the only car Thurber says he is interested in?
(a) The Sky Blue.
(b) The Hammer.
(c) The Red Devil.
(d) The Haddock.
5. What kind of dog is Rex?
(a) A golden retriever.
(b) A labordor.
(c) A bull terrior.
(d) A cocker spaniel.
6. Which member of the Thurber family usually sleeps in the attic?
7. Who does Father lock in the bedroom?
8. Who does Thurber wake up to tell about the burglar?
9. Why do people take time to start their cars as they try to escape?
(a) Hand-cranking is time consuming.
(b) They are worried their cars will explode.
(c) They al think they know a secret route.
(d) They don't want to be part of a traffic queue.
10. What does Thurber say lasts for two hours?
(a) Grandmother's burps.
(b) The fire of Columbus.
(c) The evacuation of Columbus.
(d) Grandfather's blackout.
11. What is the only thing Thurber is wearing when the police arrive?
(a) A towel.
(b) A sarong.
(c) His underwear.
(d) A dressing gown.
12. Who does Mother want to call when she hears the noise?
(a) The fire brigade.
(b) The police.
(c) The reverend.
(d) The ghostbusters.
13. Who does Thurber think is downstairs?
(a) A ghost.
(b) His aunt.
(c) A burglar.
(d) His brother.
14. What does the grandfather say is run by a passel of blockheads?
(a) The government.
(b) The university.
(c) The federal union.
(d) The army.
15. What do the police find in the house?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A dead body.
(d) Broken plates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of his mother's clothes does Thurber put on before he speaks to the police?
2. How long does it take for Columbus to get back to normal?
3. What kind of car do the family own?
4. What word causes panic among the 2,000 people?
5. Why does Goerge dress up as Zenas?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)