|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police break down to get into the house?
(a) The cellar door.
(b) The front window.
(c) The front door.
(d) The back door.
2. Why does Aunt Melissa think she is destined to die on South High Street?
(a) She had a car accident there.
(b) She was born there.
(c) She saw a dead body there.
(d) She had a stroke there.
3. Who does Father lock in the bedroom?
4. What is the name of Thurber's younger brother?
5. What do people name the day everyone fled the town?
(a) Afternoon of the Great Run.
(b) Silly Beggars.
(c) Day of the Phantom Dam.
(d) Fire, Dam and Help.
6. How long does it take for Columbus to get back to normal?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) Two days.
(d) A day.
7. What is the name of grandfather's dead brother?
8. What fell on Thurber's father?
(a) A bed.
(b) A bowling ball.
(c) A brick.
(d) A book.
9. What are the residents worried will happen to them if they stay in Columbo?
(a) They will be electrocuted.
(b) They will be shot.
(c) They will drown.
(d) They be drafted.
10. Who does Thurber recall in chapter six?
(a) The munsters.
(b) The teachers.
(c) The popes.
(d) The immortals.
11. What does Thurber say the ghost causes?
(a) A hullabaloo of misunderstanding.
(b) A jovial atmosphere.
(c) A peerless anger.
(d) A cacophony of love.
12. What do Herman and Thurber slam against the thing coming up the stairs?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A door.
(c) A plank.
(d) A tennis racket.
13. What is the only car Thurber says he is interested in?
(a) The Haddock.
(b) The Sky Blue.
(c) The Red Devil.
(d) The Hammer.
14. What does Mother throw through the neighbor's window?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A brick.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A plate.
15. What does Thurber say his grandmother and mother fear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thurber say Old Aunt Melissa Beal can whistle like?
2. Who try to calm the fleeing residents?
3. Who do the police hear in the attic?
4. What does Father think will one day happen to the REO?
5. Who wrote the letter Thurber quotes from in this section?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)