|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, More Alarms at Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Victrola annoy father?
(a) The sound is scratchy.
(b) It keeps playing the same parts of the song.
(c) The speakers crackle.
(d) There is no volume control.
2. How is Briggs Breal related to Thurber?
(a) His second cousin.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His first cousin.
3. What does Thurber say lasts for two hours?
(a) The evacuation of Columbus.
(b) Grandmother's burps.
(c) Grandfather's blackout.
(d) The fire of Columbus.
4. What is the name of grandfather's dead brother?
5. What kind of dog is Rex?
(a) A bull terrior.
(b) A golden retriever.
(c) A cocker spaniel.
(d) A labordor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does someone yell in the theater?
2. What is the title of this chapter?
3. Why do the family have to push start the car?
4. What do the police break down to get into the house?
5. Who wrote the letter Thurber quotes from in this section?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)