|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David-Neel left the next morning for aid she might find for Yongden, but unsuccessful she returned that night with what that she had found?
(a) Fuel for a fire.
(b) Nuts to add to their supply.
(c) Sticks to make a sprain splint.
(d) Water to replenish their supply.
2. This pageant, described at the end of Chapter VII, was a grand procession that included trumpets, some of which were how many feet long and borne on the shoulders of several men?
3. What was the pageant David-Neel described at the end of Chapter VII called?
(b) Sho Dun.
(c) Tsong Khapa.
4. In the last village David-Neel and Yongden came upon in Chapter V, how did the villagers respond as they passed through?
(a) They stood there and stared at them out of curiosity.
(b) They stopped them and offered food, a few offered coins.
(c) They ran to their homes to shut the doors and windows.
(d) They begged Yongden to tell fortunes and offer blessings.
5. What were the living arrangements in the small home where David-Neel rented a room while in Lhasa?
(a) The owner rented all three rooms.
(b) The owner lived in two rooms and rented two.
(c) The owner lived in two rooms and rented one.
(d) The owner lived in one room and rented two.
Short Answer Questions
1. David-Neel and Yongden built a lean-to to protect against the snow, but she awoke and found what?
2. While David-Neel an Yongden had heard stories about the Popas all having been robbers and possibly cannibals, how did she describe them as having been?
3. The stranger supposedly went to get his cheese, but he quickly came back with another man and they began to barter for what?
4. After David-Neel and Yongden slept the rest of the day and night out of the snow, Yongden hurt himself how the next day?
5. The day after they got water, David-Neel and Yongden hiked toward their mountain pass top but were stunned to see a huge what ahead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David-Neel depict the manner in which she and Yongden crossed the last river that separated them from Lhasa?
2. Given her hesitance due to its possible origin, how did David-Neel accept a piece of bread offered to her at the start of Chapter VI?
3. How was it David-Neel initially described the palace in Lhasa?
4. What trap did David-Neel and Yongden set for their safety against potential robbers in a hut one night?
5. How did David-Neel describe the manner in which Asians approached respecting others who slept?
6. How did David-Neel describe Lhasa?
7. In Chapter IV, how did David-Neel describe a river that she and Yongden had to cross, but had missed a bridge over it earlier?
8. How did Yongden depart the monastery where he met a monk who came from the region where Yongden's great-grandfather had been a lama?
9. As she was unable to return before dark, how did David-Neel find the cave Yongden had remained in after is injury?
10. How did David-Neel describe a typical bridge found in remote regions of Tibet?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)