|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what location was David-Neel sent on an expedition in 1910?
(a) Eastern Europe.
(b) Northern Africa.
(d) South America.
2. While David-Neel an Yongden had heard stories about the Popas all having been robbers and possibly cannibals, how did she describe them as having been?
(a) Friendly and hospitable.
(b) Concerned and vigilant.
(c) Cautious and curious.
(d) Uninterested and unconcerned.
3. When Yongden went into the village to make purchases for David-Neel and himself, what did the lama he met ask of him?
(a) To perform birth rites of an infant.
(b) To condut a weddingceremony.
(c) To perform prayer rituals.
(d) To perform funeral rites.
4. The day after David-Neel and Yongden camped following their descent from the ridge marker, how did the terrain affect their trek?
(a) It was neither hard nor sandy, but its slope slowed them.
(b) It was sandy, and its slope greatly hindered them.
(c) It was neither hard nor sandy, and its slope aided them.
(d) It was rocky, and its slope greatly impeded them.
5. David-Neel met a well-dressed man from the other direction one day so she moved to one side as a peasant, but what was his response?
(a) He got off his horse and saluted.
(b) He removed his gun and sword and saluted.
(c) He removed his cap and sword and waved.
(d) He removed his cap and gun and bowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The farmland was poor around the village David-Neel described in Po, heavily taxed, and anyone who left was pursued and what?
2. When David-Neel and Yongden returned to their path where they had first seen the unexpected village, what did they discover?
3. How did David-Neel refer to the boarding husband whose assisting wife was injured?
4. Yongden belonged to a sect that did not recognize superstitious beliefs, so what was his course?
5. Tibet's chief religious leader only came to the Lhasa palace for ceremonies and lived mainly in one of several nearby lamaseries similar to what?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)