|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David-Neel wore a head cover as she entered the Lhasa palace, but who scolded her to remove it as hats were not to be worn inside?
(a) An elderly monk.
(b) A young monk.
(c) A palace sentry.
(d) An elderly doorkeeper.
2. David-Neel was delighted to be taken as a native, even when a policeman took what action when she tried to enter an area that was off limits to peasants?
(a) He scolded her.
(b) He ejected her.
(c) He struck her.
(d) He cited her.
3. As Chapter V began, David-Neel and Yongden have convinced one of the shepherd peasants, known as what, to guide them to a pass?
(a) A dokpa.
(b) An am chi.
(c) A ma chen.
(d) A skur srung ba.
4. In the latter half of Chapter VI, David-Neel detailed that she learned that which friend had been forced out of his palace and into exile?
(a) The Tenzin Lama.
(b) The Karamapa Lama.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) The Panchen Lama.
5. This pageant, described at the end of Chapter VII, was a grand procession that included trumpets, some of which were how many feet long and borne on the shoulders of several men?
Short Answer Questions
1. David-Neel and Yongden agreed to trade what in exchange for cheese the stranger who spied their open packs had?
2. The route through the Po region that was not on a map crossed how many mountain passes?
3. Why was David-Neel confident by the start of Chapter VI that her disguise would not be questioned?
4. What type of visitors did David-Neel and Yongden wait for outside the Dalai Lama's traditional palace before they entered?
5. David-Neel briefly related how many Lhasa religious leaders endured persecution by the Tibetan government over which nationality?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)