|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a guest of the Tibetan lama, David-Neel was provided access to what?
(b) Religious texts.
(d) The Potala.
2. In the latter half of Chapter VI, David-Neel detailed that she learned that which friend had been forced out of his palace and into exile?
(a) The Panchen Lama.
(b) The Karamapa Lama.
(c) The Tenzin Lama.
(d) The Dalai Lama.
3. The route through the Po region that was not on a map crossed how many mountain passes?
4. David-Neel and Yongden spent a night in the home of a wealth farmer who in exchange for his hospitality expected Yongden to bless what?
(a) His house and family.
(b) His house and farm animals.
(c) His son and wealth.
(d) His family and farm animals.
5. How did David-Neel and Yongden perceive a village they unexpectedly came upon following the blizzard different from other villages?
(a) It was like a small town with outlying farms and cottages.
(b) It was like a small city with modern buildings and outlying cottages.
(c) It was like a small city with villas, parks, and palaces.
(d) It was like a quasi-industrial setting with small mills and factories.
Short Answer Questions
1. David-Neel and Yongden mistakenly loitered by an official's home and left in haste but were advised to return, so what did they quickly do?
2. How was it David-Neel managed to meet the Dalai Lama?
3. David-Neel and Yongden later met up again with the pilgrims whose member had sore legs, and the pilgrims reported what?
4. Militia members were issued guns inferior to those of the regular Tibetan soldiers who were all from within what area?
5. The farmland was poor around the village David-Neel described in Po, heavily taxed, and anyone who left was pursued and what?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)