|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It snowed again at night after Yongden limped all day, but David-Neel found a fence she followed to what type of structure with a shed?
(a) A small empty house.
(b) A small occupied house.
(c) A large occupied house.
(d) A large empty house.
2. David-Neel and Yongden spent a night in the home of a wealth farmer who in exchange for his hospitality expected Yongden to bless what?
(a) His son and wealth.
(b) His house and family.
(c) His family and farm animals.
(d) His house and farm animals.
3. How were these roads across Po described to David-Neel and Yongden?
(a) Three were well-traveled, the other unmapped.
(b) One was well-traveled, the other unmapped.
(c) Two were well-traveled, the other unmapped.
(d) Four were well-traveled, the other unmapped.
4. David-Neel and Yongden eventually reached what type of marker placed at summits and passes to identify the path?
(a) Rku ba.
(b) Dril bu.
(d) Bod ja.
5. What did the wealthy woman traveling by horse and with several servants question David-Neel and Yongden about?
(a) Whether they were Philings.
(b) Whether they were Gompchen.
(c) Whether they were Dokpas.
(d) Whether they were Ladki.
Short Answer Questions
1. David-Neel and Yongden walked through the pass after the guide left, and Yongden's fear that it would snow materialized when?
2. Yongden was stopped by a pilgrim group who sought his aid for which of their members whose legs they believed hurt due to a demon?
3. What would David-Neel have faced if her true identity was discovered?
4. As well as some money David-Neel and Yongden gave him, they told their guide that his having led them to the pass would do what?
5. How did Yongden respond to David-Neel's admonishment after they left the village for having drawn so much attention with his actions?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)