|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As well as some money David-Neel and Yongden gave him, they told their guide that his having led them to the pass would do what?
(a) Bring his family benefits in future lives.
(b) Bring him rewards in future lives.
(c) Bring him and his family happiness.
(d) Keep his flock healthy in the future.
2. What sudden, loud noise awakened David-Neel at the camp made after she and Yongden found the ridge marker and hiked down?
(a) Melting ice on a nearby river had cracked.
(b) Yongden had fired a shot to scare away a wolf.
(c) A Tibetan hunter had fired his gun not far off.
(d) Close thunder had rumbled through the valley.
3. What was the task of the lama that Yongden met when he went into the village to make evening purchases for David-Neel and himself?
(a) He kept a sacred garden.
(b) He kept a tabernacle.
(c) He kept a cemetery.
(d) He kept a shrine.
4. On the evening David-Neel and Yongden had returned to their shelter near the fence, she checked her calendar and discovered it was what date?
(a) December 31.
(b) December 25.
(c) January 1.
(d) December 24.
5. As Chapter II ended, how did David-Neel salute an official after he gave Yongden a coin when she begged for alms?
(a) She put her arms in the air and chanted a traditional prayer.
(b) She put her hand on the official's head and wished him prosperity.
(c) She put out her tongue as far as she could extend it.
(d) She knelt on both knees and touched her face to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. David-Neel and Yongden walked through the pass after the guide left, and Yongden's fear that it would snow materialized when?
2. As a guest of the Tibetan lama, David-Neel was provided access to what?
3. On the unmapped path, David-Neel and Yongden risked running into bands of thieves who might kill them to keep what secret?
4. What would David-Neel have faced if her true identity was discovered?
5. The villagers in the outer regions of Tibet were forced to join a kind of militia but were called into service only for what?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)