|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man David-Neel and Yongden shared their morning meal with invited them to spend that night at his home located where?
(a) Outside a nearby fortification.
(b) At his neighboring farm.
(c) Outside a nearby temple.
(d) In the next village.
2. David-Neel left the next morning for aid she might find for Yongden, but unsuccessful she returned that night with what that she had found?
(a) Fuel for a fire.
(b) Sticks to make a sprain splint.
(c) Water to replenish their supply.
(d) Nuts to add to their supply.
3. On the evening David-Neel and Yongden had returned to their shelter near the fence, she checked her calendar and discovered it was what date?
(a) December 24.
(b) January 1.
(c) December 31.
(d) December 25.
4. The route through the Po region that was not on a map crossed how many mountain passes?
5. The day after they got water, David-Neel and Yongden hiked toward their mountain pass top but were stunned to see a huge what ahead?
(a) Expanse of snow.
(b) River gorge.
(c) Placid lake.
(d) Jagged ridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Yongden's injury was not severe, why were he an David-Neel in a difficult situation beyond her inability to carry him far?
2. Whom was David-Neel a guest of in Tibet for a time prior to her Lhasa trip?
3. David-Neel and Yongden eventually reached what type of marker placed at summits and passes to identify the path?
4. The man David-Neel and Yongden recalled from earlier sat at their morning fire and ate what which they offered him?
5. As a guest of the Tibetan lama, David-Neel was provided access to what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)