|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Militia members were issued guns inferior to those of the regular Tibetan soldiers who were all from within what area?
2. In 1910, what was the neighboring nation that compelled the Dalai Lama's exile?
3. David-Neel acted like she wished to learn locations from her host so she could beg from them, but what did she actually seek to determine?
(a) Where to purchase food.
(b) Which villages to avoid.
(c) Which roads to follow.
(d) Where to find shelter.
4. David-Neel and Yongden were unable to travel at night when they came into more inhabited country for what reason?
(a) Because night travel was uncommon and raised villagers' suspicions.
(b) Because village dogs would howl and give them away.
(c) Because night travel raised suspicions of shepherds watching flocks.
(d) Because day travel was more common and was less suspicious.
5. As David-Neel and Yongden traveled farther, they were more sure of being taken as pilgrims and stayed with whom instead of in forests?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day David-Neel met the well-dressed man, they found where to sleep for the night?
2. David-Neel noted she was "a tiny precious child of" what city?
3. What river did David-Neel and Yongden initially follow on their trek?
4. Yongden told David-Neel he thought the well-dressed man saw she was a lama and so saluted her, but she began to wonder what?
5. What pass did David-Neel and Yongden initially travel toward with two Chinese men hired to help carry their loads?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)