|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter III, Yongden and David-Neel continued on toward Lhasa and used what as their story?
(a) They were returning from the Dokar Pass.
(b) They were returning from the Kha Karpo.
(c) They were returning from the frontier.
(d) They were returning from the Potala.
2. That evening, while guests of the man they shared their meal with, David-Neel asked their host where what other individuals lived?
(a) Religious leaders.
(b) Government officials.
(c) Military members.
(d) Wealthy landowners.
3. As David-Neel and Yongden traveled farther, they were more sure of being taken as pilgrims and stayed with whom instead of in forests?
4. To what location was David-Neel sent on an expedition in 1910?
(a) South America.
(b) Eastern Europe.
(d) Northern Africa.
5. Yongden and David-Neel arranged to travel in Tibet disguised as what type of pilgrims?
Short Answer Questions
1. Yongden cast what in the air to catch and consult prophets before he told the pilgrims that ahead they would come across a roadside shrine?
2. While David-Neel was a guest of the lama, the instability within Tibet had driven out which nation?
3. David-Neel had a stirring drive to travel and sought out what?
4. The morning after Yongden declined, the lama found him again, but this time David-Neel was there and what happened?
5. David-Neel met a well-dressed man from the other direction one day so she moved to one side as a peasant, but what was his response?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)