|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As David-Neel and Yongden progressed into Tibet, they were stopped by officials who briefly questioned and then detained them when?
2. What sort of spiritual leader of Tibet did David-Neel describe the Dalai Lama as?
(a) The "king."
(b) The "monarch."
(c) The "buddha."
(d) The "prince."
3. David-Neel and Yongden had stopped where to eat one day when a wealthy woman traveling by horse also stopped and questioned them?
(a) By a pond near the path.
(b) Under a tree near the path.
(c) In a cave near the path.
(d) By a stream near the path.
4. On the day after the blizzard cleared, how long did David-Neel and Yongden walk before they unexpectedly came upon a village?
(a) Well before the time they usually took to hiding.
(b) Well past the time they usually took to hiding.
(c) Roughly an hour after they started.
(d) About the time they usually took to hiding.
5. David-Neel and Yongden feared they might meet someone on the path near this unique village, so they hid in the forest until when?
(a) Well past sunset.
(b) Nearly midnight.
(c) Just past sunset.
(d) Nearly sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which agency sent David-Neel on her 1910 expedition?
2. What did David-Neel study as a young woman?
3. What was it David-Neel's trip to Lhasa came about as a result of?
4. Yongden was continually stopped and asked to perform what type of rituals along their way?
5. How did Yongden respond to David-Neel's admonishment after they left the village for having drawn so much attention with his actions?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)