|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pass did David-Neel and Yongden initially travel toward with two Chinese men hired to help carry their loads?
(a) The Tanggu.
(b) The Dokar.
(c) The Nathu La.
(d) The Khardong La.
2. What did David-Neel view 1912 as a time of in Tibet?
(a) Military instabilityl.
(b) Religious instability.
(c) Cultural instability.
(d) Political instability.
3. Yongden told David-Neel he thought the well-dressed man saw she was a lama and so saluted her, but she began to wonder what?
(a) If he had not become suspicious after he thought about it.
(b) If he had not recognized her as a Westerner.
(c) If he might not report his suspicions to local authorities.
(d) If he had not recognized her from a previous trip.
4. The Dalai Lama was in exile in 1910 for what sort of troubles with a neighboring nation?
5. On the day after the blizzard cleared, how long did David-Neel and Yongden walk before they unexpectedly came upon a village?
(a) Well past the time they usually took to hiding.
(b) About the time they usually took to hiding.
(c) Well before the time they usually took to hiding.
(d) Roughly an hour after they started.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after David-Neel's encounter with a well-dressed man, she lost and frantically looked for what before she found it?
2. Once at the shrine, the pilgrims were instructed by Yongden to remain for how long, walking around it daily as they recited prayers?
3. As Chapter II ended, how did David-Neel salute an official after he gave Yongden a coin when she begged for alms?
4. When Yongden went into the village to make purchases for David-Neel and himself, what did the lama he met ask of him?
5. What did David-Neel study as a young woman?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)