|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after David-Neel's encounter with a well-dressed man, she lost and frantically looked for what before she found it?
(a) Her forks and spoons.
(b) Her cups.
(c) Her plates.
(d) Her small compass.
2. David-Neel had a stirring drive to travel and sought out what?
(a) Distant places to apply her Oriental history expertise.
(b) Remote places where she could meet natives of the area.
(c) Isolated places to be completely alone.
(d) Far off places that had never previously been explored.
3. David-Neel described a stew prepared from what that she found disgusting but had to eat a bit of to avoid suspicion?
(a) Scorpions and worms.
(b) Organs of animals.
(c) Unskinned fishes.
(d) Venomous snakes.
4. Following the blizzard, how long did David-Neel and Yongden journey on the commonly used trail before they encountered anyone?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. As a guest of the Tibetan lama, David-Neel was provided access to what?
(b) The Potala.
(d) Religious texts.
Short Answer Questions
1. David-Neel and Yongden mistakenly loitered by an official's home and left in haste but were advised to return, so what did they quickly do?
2. What would David-Neel have faced if her true identity was discovered?
3. Whom was David-Neel a guest of in Tibet for a time prior to her Lhasa trip?
4. In 1910, David-Neel was sent on a research expedition for which nation?
5. David-Neel acted like she wished to learn locations from her host so she could beg from them, but what did she actually seek to determine?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)