|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter I began as David-Neel and Yongden were about to enter into independent Tibet from which country?
2. David-Neel and Yongden mistakenly loitered by an official's home and left in haste but were advised to return, so what did they quickly do?
(a) Yongden and David-Neel both returned without their loads.
(b) Yongden and David-Neel both returned with their loads.
(c) David-Neel set her load down to return while Yongden waited.
(d) Yongden set his load down to return while David-Neel waited.
3. Once it drove out the nation that controlled it, the Tibetan government closed their door to whom?
(a) All Westerners except by rare special permission.
(b) All foreigners except those already residing there.
(c) All foreigners except by rare special permission.
(d) Only Indians except by rare special permission.
4. David-Neel was alarmed when a villager who stopped to share food noticed her pale hands and remarked they were like what?
(a) The moon.
(b) A white flower.
(c) A philing's.
(d) Fresh snow.
5. David-Neel noted she was "a tiny precious child of" what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was David-Neel a guest of in Tibet for a time prior to her Lhasa trip?
2. How was this incident where the pilgrim's legs were "cured" indicative of David-Neel and Yongden's approach to Tibetan spirituality?
3. What did David-Neel and Yongden eventually hear that alerted them that someone was approaching from behind them?
4. David-Neel and Yongden feared they might meet someone on the path near this unique village, so they hid in the forest until when?
5. One night David-Neel and Yongden slept outside a village to pass through early the next day to avoid attention, but what happened?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)