|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruse did David-Neel use to conceal her crossing with Yongden at the border into Tibet without her two Chinese servants knowing?
(a) She sent them on a joint errand, then crossed in their absence.
(b) She paid them as if they had arrived, then crossed when they left.
(c) She sent them on separate errands, then crossed in their absence.
(d) She waited until they slept, then crossed without their knowing.
2. David-Neel and Yongden feared they might meet someone on the path near this unique village, so they hid in the forest until when?
(a) Nearly midnight.
(b) Well past sunset.
(c) Nearly sunset.
(d) Just past sunset.
3. The morning after David-Neel's encounter with a well-dressed man, she lost and frantically looked for what before she found it?
(a) Her plates.
(b) Her small compass.
(c) Her cups.
(d) Her forks and spoons.
4. David-Neel and Yongden later met up again with the pilgrims whose member had sore legs, and the pilgrims reported what?
(a) They were completely healed.
(b) They were free of the demon.
(c) They were feeling better.
(d) They were slow to heal.
5. Chapter I began as David-Neel and Yongden were about to enter into independent Tibet from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was this incident where the pilgrim's legs were "cured" indicative of David-Neel and Yongden's approach to Tibetan spirituality?
2. After being delayed in the one village, David-Neel remained at their camp outside another that night, and Yongden went inside to purchase what?
3. At the start of Chapter II, David-Neel and Yongden traveled in more densely inhabited areas and through several villages at what time?
4. The morning after Yongden declined, the lama found him again, but this time David-Neel was there and what happened?
5. Yongden only intended to give the pilgrim's legs some rest, but those accompanying the pilgrim faithfully believed what?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)