|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1910, the Dalai Lama was in exile in what location?
2. What was the term David-Neel used to describe the Tibetan prohibition of certain travelers?
3. On the day David-Neel met the well-dressed man, they found where to sleep for the night?
(a) An abandoned shed in a distant field from a small village.
(b) A comfortable cave near a stream by a temple.
(c) An unused temple away from the path and village.
(d) A barn with a comfortable hayloft and a nearby pond.
4. What pass did David-Neel and Yongden initially travel toward with two Chinese men hired to help carry their loads?
(a) The Tanggu.
(b) The Dokar.
(c) The Nathu La.
(d) The Khardong La.
5. What would David-Neel have faced if her true identity was discovered?
(a) A fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was David-Neel a guest of in Tibet for a time prior to her Lhasa trip?
2. When Yongden went into the village to make purchases for David-Neel and himself, what did the lama he met ask of him?
3. What attitude did Yongden display after "curing" the pilgrim's legs and after he was sought in the next village to predict fortunes and other tricks?
4. When was it David-Neel initially entered Tibet?
5. How did David-Neel and Yongden perceive a village they unexpectedly came upon following the blizzard different from other villages?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)