|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David-Neel noted she was "a tiny precious child of" what city?
2. Whom was David-Neel a guest of in Tibet for a time prior to her Lhasa trip?
(a) The Dalai Lama.
(b) The Penchen Lama.
(c) The Red Cap Lama.
(d) The Lama Yongden.
3. What was it David-Neel's trip to Lhasa came about as a result of?
(a) "Certain peculiar circumstances."
(b) "Certain favorable conditions."
(c) "A series of fortunate situations."
(d) "Dangerous but favorable events."
4. What did David-Neel and Lama Yongden pose themselves as to enter Tibet undetected?
5. What did David-Neel note regarding the spelling of the Tibetan names in her book?
(a) She spelled them in modern Tibetan.
(b) She spelled them phonetically.
(c) She spelled them in Old English.
(d) She spelled them in modern French.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was it David-Neel managed to meet the Dalai Lama?
2. David-Neel and Yongden feared they might meet someone on the path near this unique village, so they hid in the forest until when?
3. When was it David-Neel initially entered Tibet?
4. David-Neel and Yongden were unable to travel at night when they came into more inhabited country for what reason?
5. Chapter I began as David-Neel and Yongden were about to enter into independent Tibet from which country?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)