|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the blizzard, how long did David-Neel and Yongden journey on the commonly used trail before they encountered anyone?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days.
2. David-Neel had a stirring drive to travel and sought out what?
(a) Distant places to apply her Oriental history expertise.
(b) Remote places where she could meet natives of the area.
(c) Far off places that had never previously been explored.
(d) Isolated places to be completely alone.
3. What was the task of the lama that Yongden met when he went into the village to make evening purchases for David-Neel and himself?
(a) He kept a tabernacle.
(b) He kept a sacred garden.
(c) He kept a cemetery.
(d) He kept a shrine.
4. David-Neel noted she was "a tiny precious child of" what city?
5. What ruse did David-Neel use to conceal her crossing with Yongden at the border into Tibet without her two Chinese servants knowing?
(a) She waited until they slept, then crossed without their knowing.
(b) She paid them as if they had arrived, then crossed when they left.
(c) She sent them on separate errands, then crossed in their absence.
(d) She sent them on a joint errand, then crossed in their absence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of spiritual leader of Tibet did David-Neel describe the Dalai Lama as?
2. What river did David-Neel and Yongden initially follow on their trek?
3. When was it David-Neel initially entered Tibet?
4. David-Neel and Yongden reached the mountain pass as a blizzard came over and forced them to endure the snow for how long?
5. One night David-Neel and Yongden slept outside a village to pass through early the next day to avoid attention, but what happened?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)