|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David-Neel and Lama Yongden pose themselves as to enter Tibet undetected?
2. David-Neel noted she was "a tiny precious child of" what city?
3. Who was the first to approach and then pass David-Neel and Yongden on the trail from behind?
(a) A family in a small yak-drawn cart.
(b) A small party of pilgrims on horses.
(c) A small party of gypsies in a wagon.
(d) A small party of pilgrims in a wagon.
4. David-Neel became a university professor in what country?
5. What did David-Neel study as a young woman?
(a) Middle Eastern philosophy and comparative religion.
(b) Asian history and comparative religion.
(c) Oriental philosophy and comparative religion.
(d) Oriental history and Buddhism.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Introduction to My Journey to Lhasa provided the background for which of David-Neel's historic treks into remote Asia?
2. The Dalai Lama had heard of David-Neel's scholarship in what field before they met?
3. In 1910, the Dalai Lama was in exile in what location?
4. David-Neel and Yongden feared they might meet someone on the path near this unique village, so they hid in the forest until when?
5. When Yongden went into the village to make purchases for David-Neel and himself, what did the lama he met ask of him?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)