|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David-Neel and Yongden looked for a place to camp and saw a patch of yellow near their water source that turned out to be what?
(a) A pile of hay.
(b) A thatched cottage.
(c) A patch of flowers.
(d) A thatched shed.
2. As Chapter II ended, how did David-Neel salute an official after he gave Yongden a coin when she begged for alms?
(a) She put her hand on the official's head and wished him prosperity.
(b) She knelt on both knees and touched her face to the ground.
(c) She put her arms in the air and chanted a traditional prayer.
(d) She put out her tongue as far as she could extend it.
3. In the last village David-Neel and Yongden came upon in Chapter V, how did the villagers respond as they passed through?
(a) They begged Yongden to tell fortunes and offer blessings.
(b) They ran to their homes to shut the doors and windows.
(c) They stopped them and offered food, a few offered coins.
(d) They stood there and stared at them out of curiosity.
4. At what village were David-Neel and Yongden able to replenish their provisions after their encounter with the strange lama?
5. What was it David-Neel's trip to Lhasa came about as a result of?
(a) "Dangerous but favorable events."
(b) "Certain peculiar circumstances."
(c) "Certain favorable conditions."
(d) "A series of fortunate situations."
Short Answer Questions
1. How were these roads across Po described to David-Neel and Yongden?
2. As well as some money David-Neel and Yongden gave him, they told their guide that his having led them to the pass would do what?
3. At the shrine, the ill pilgrim was to be fed well, and his legs were to be rubbed with hot water containing some what that Yongden offered?
4. What did David-Neel note regarding the spelling of the Tibetan names in her book?
5. David-Neel described a stew prepared from what that she found disgusting but had to eat a bit of to avoid suspicion?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)