|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first to approach and then pass David-Neel and Yongden on the trail from behind?
(a) A family in a small yak-drawn cart.
(b) A small party of pilgrims in a wagon.
(c) A small party of pilgrims on horses.
(d) A small party of gypsies in a wagon.
2. Once it drove out the nation that controlled it, the Tibetan government closed their door to whom?
(a) All Westerners except by rare special permission.
(b) All foreigners except by rare special permission.
(c) All foreigners except those already residing there.
(d) Only Indians except by rare special permission.
3. What river did David-Neel and Yongden initially follow on their trek?
(a) The Mekong.
(b) The Indus.
(c) The Ba.
(d) The Arun.
4. In 1910, what was the neighboring nation that compelled the Dalai Lama's exile?
5. Once at the shrine, the pilgrims were instructed by Yongden to remain for how long, walking around it daily as they recited prayers?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after they got water, David-Neel and Yongden hiked toward their mountain pass top but were stunned to see a huge what ahead?
2. The morning after Yongden declined, the lama found him again, but this time David-Neel was there and what happened?
3. David-Neel and Yongden later met up again with the pilgrims whose member had sore legs, and the pilgrims reported what?
4. Outer regions felt animosity toward Tibet's government, so if better armed and organized it was feared they would not submit to the rule of what area?
5. David-Neel and a boarder's wife became embroiled in a domestic fight when they aided the wife of their drunkard host, a matter that ended with David-Neel being informed she would have to do what?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)