|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river did David-Neel and Yongden initially follow on their trek?
(a) The Ba.
(b) The Mekong.
(c) The Indus.
(d) The Arun.
2. On the day after the blizzard cleared, how long did David-Neel and Yongden walk before they unexpectedly came upon a village?
(a) Roughly an hour after they started.
(b) Well before the time they usually took to hiding.
(c) Well past the time they usually took to hiding.
(d) About the time they usually took to hiding.
3. When David-Neel and Yongden returned to their path where they had first seen the unexpected village, what did they discover?
(a) It was typical of others.
(b) It was similar to others but cleaner.
(c) It was like others but larger.
(d) It was no longer there.
4. David-Neel acted like she wished to learn locations from her host so she could beg from them, but what did she actually seek to determine?
(a) Which villages to avoid.
(b) Where to find shelter.
(c) Where to purchase food.
(d) Which roads to follow.
5. Who was the first to approach and then pass David-Neel and Yongden on the trail from behind?
(a) A small party of gypsies in a wagon.
(b) A family in a small yak-drawn cart.
(c) A small party of pilgrims in a wagon.
(d) A small party of pilgrims on horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. David-Neel had a stirring drive to travel and sought out what?
2. What sort of spiritual leader of Tibet did David-Neel describe the Dalai Lama as?
3. Tibetan superstition considered it bad luck to pick up what that has fallen to the ground while on a journey?
4. Outer regions felt animosity toward Tibet's government, so if better armed and organized it was feared they would not submit to the rule of what area?
5. David-Neel and Yongden eventually reached what type of marker placed at summits and passes to identify the path?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)