|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One night David-Neel and Yongden slept outside a village to pass through early the next day to avoid attention, but what happened?
(a) A local holiday had many villagers up early in celebration.
(b) A wrong turn required them to return midday for the right way.
(c) A late start forced them to travel through well after sunrise.
(d) A shepherd drove his flock through and delayed their early hike past.
2. David-Neel and Yongden were unable to travel at night when they came into more inhabited country for what reason?
(a) Because day travel was more common and was less suspicious.
(b) Because night travel raised suspicions of shepherds watching flocks.
(c) Because village dogs would howl and give them away.
(d) Because night travel was uncommon and raised villagers' suspicions.
3. Yongden told David-Neel he thought the well-dressed man saw she was a lama and so saluted her, but she began to wonder what?
(a) If he had not become suspicious after he thought about it.
(b) If he might not report his suspicions to local authorities.
(c) If he had not recognized her from a previous trip.
(d) If he had not recognized her as a Westerner.
4. When David-Neel and Yongden returned to their path where they had first seen the unexpected village, what did they discover?
(a) It was like others but larger.
(b) It was similar to others but cleaner.
(c) It was typical of others.
(d) It was no longer there.
5. David-Neel acted like she wished to learn locations from her host so she could beg from them, but what did she actually seek to determine?
(a) Where to purchase food.
(b) Which villages to avoid.
(c) Where to find shelter.
(d) Which roads to follow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first to approach and then pass David-Neel and Yongden on the trail from behind?
2. What did David-Neel view 1912 as a time of in Tibet?
3. What sudden, loud noise awakened David-Neel at the camp made after she and Yongden found the ridge marker and hiked down?
4. David-Neel and Yongden mistakenly loitered by an official's home and left in haste but were advised to return, so what did they quickly do?
5. At the shrine, the ill pilgrim was to be fed well, and his legs were to be rubbed with hot water containing some what that Yongden offered?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)