|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tesla predict for the future at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What did Tesla see as a major advantage of his work when he was younger?
3. What did Tesla say the invention he was working on while writing this book would do to the world?
4. What was Tesla's next step in development after the remote control technology came about?
5. How did Tesla describe humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of devices did Tesla think could utilize the transmitter?
2. What are teleautomatics?
3. What did Tesla do when he created the Tesla Electric Company?
4. How did Tesla hope to prevent wars in the future?
5. How did Tesla hope to change the desert with his transmitter?
6. Why did Tesla say his transmitter was never completed?
7. How did Tesla feel about the League of Nations, and why?
8. What happened when Tesla presented his remote control technology to the military?
9. What happened when Tesla tried to get approval for a light fixture at the company in Strassburg?
10. What did the diagram in Chapter 5 describe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tesla and Edison were two very similar people. Yet, they had some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite for support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two inventors.
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the biography change the style of the narration?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)